• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Best suppressor for a .338 Norma?

Re: Best suppressor for a .338 Norma?

Right here...O2 Shadow 338 Ti, xactly what i'm running on my 338 Norma...

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

Haven't heard the SRT or Thunderbeast but out of four other brands the AAC Titan sounded best to me.

There are a lot of options certainly from ~20 ounces up to 42 or more ounces in weight- with size and sound reduction varying as widely as materials, weight, attachment methods, and price. The best product is going to depend on what combination of these characteristics is most important to you.

If you are looking for something affordable and quality- we're making a suppressor run that should be done in mid January.

Our .338LM suppressor is 10" OAL, 1.73" OD 31.5 ounces, two step outside profile ground, TIG welded, CNC machined, 4130 steel with wire EDM cut bore. Norrell Moly SOCOM coating (black is standard- orders prior to January can be finished in tan Moly on request).

We are going to offer them in two thread pitches- 5/8x24, and 18x1mm for the SAKO TRG 22/42 series rifles.

Our suppressor combines quality features, strong materials, light weight and an attractive tube body with no visible welds.

If you can wait that long, in late January we plan to shoot, sound meter, and compare the AAC Titan to our Beast suppressor, on the SAKO TRG42 .338LM platform.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Our suppressor is $745MSRP,</span> $745 is 40%-65% more affordable than other models, often not integrating the same value added features.

The Shark Jaws is constructed of Titanium and is effective BUT it's heavy as sh*t. 38 ounces to be exact. The YHM weighs the same and is about $1400 cheaper. If I had it to do all over again, I'd of went with an AAC TiTan or the TBAC.

You have some good names thus far, some not so good imo.

If you have the budget. Without a doubt add this one.

Twenty three (23) ounces, approx 50% of the weight of some already recommended, 100% titanium, welded. Again, it starts out as a giant billet of U.S. formed Titanium.

PS I've heard the Titan and the Turbodyne side by side, there is no similarity between the two, not even close. Griff, meter against the Turbodyne.

AWC-V4-27.jpg

I have an AAC Titan screw on that has worked extremely well for me. I use it on my 7xr, 300xr & 338xr which are long neck wildcats based on the 300 & 338 Norma Mag. At 1,000 yards the POI changes about 14" high & 14" right from the can to the Fat Bastard. The can being higher & right.
Semper Fi