• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Best Tripod in $400 to $500

NavyshooterM40

CAPT USN (ret)
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2010
Texas
Looking for a shooting Tripod in the $400 to $500 price range (ARCA compatible). If you have Pros and Cons on the model, please include those. Would like for it not to be made in China but not a deal breaker.

I just picked up one of the leofoto with inverted legs, seems pretty sweet for the price, haven't gotten a chance to use it yet but works good in the garage lol. I couldn't justify the price of a RRS for how little I use it.

I just picked up one of the leofoto with inverted legs, seems pretty sweet for the price, haven't gotten a chance to use it yet but works good in the garage lol. I couldn't justify the price of a RRS for how little I use it.
Which Model

Vortex are 50% off msrp through liberty optics. I ordered a Radian with ball head. Hopefully it will work for my needs.

Leofoto is still running a 20% off sale, on top of the 10% off.

Discount code SOAR20

$308.88 for a SA-324C with the MA-40 Ball Head

1670602418562.png

Ive been interested in hearing about Fat Boy tripods but not a lot of reviews on them out there.

I'm running the Leofoto SO-322C. 2 section, slightly thicker legs (32mm vs 28), and plenty stable for running a 22lb rifle off.
Super easy to deploy on the clock when needed. I also use it for photography as all my photo gear is set up for arca as well.
Overall, I've been happy with it.

As someone with the RRS TFCT-34 + Anvil 30, I just ordered one of the Leofoto's above for the LULZ. I am genuinely curious to see how it compares.

I had a leofoto with anvil 30 before a RRS tfct34. I’d say it was 70% of the way there but 50% of the cost.

Still, nothing compares to RRS equipment. I exclusively shoot and hunt from a tripod so, to me, it’s worth the extra $

That would be a good thing for them to describe on their site its not mention anywhere that I can find.
Idiots IMO
yeah their descriptions for different lengths are retarded. "Legs collapsed and spread to top of threads" wtf does that even mean?

• Haha
Reactions: Dead
FatBoys are very solid and quick to deploy on the 2 section. If I didn't mind spending the coin it would be the route I would go for sure.

Reactions: SCGunner84
I found a Leofoto LN-365C on sale at Sand Sock Gear and ordered the leveling head for the bowel from Leofoto. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
I have one of the BOG death grips in carbon fiber with the ball head kit from the classifieds section. I really like it. It's done everything that I have needed it to do.

I recently picked up a BOG death grip at cabelas already had the ball head on it. The grip is attached to the head with ARCA so you can take the grip off and clamp in arca in its place

I have a NightForce Tripod with Manfrotto head and hog saddle available.

Leofoto is still running a 20% off sale, on top of the 10% off.

Discount code SOAR20

$308.88 for a SA-324C with the MA-40 Ball Head

View attachment 8017261

Ordered the Leofoto SA-324C tripod and MA-40 head on 12/24 and received it today.

Tripod is very light but seems rigid and sturdy. Adjusting the MA-40 head is smooth and locks up well. There is no tension adjustment on the ball head. Works with both picatinny and ARCA/dovetail rails.

Hoping to take it to the range soon...

There is no tension adjustment on the ball head.
If it's like the MA-30L, you have to loosen the screw holding the handle on, lift the handle off the spline, and rotate it into a diff position and reinstall.
Tension adjustment is more of a one and done thing. After you set it initially, you use the handle to lock/unlock the ballhead.

Reactions: Ichi
If it's like the MA-30L, you have to loosen the screw holding the handle on, lift the handle off the spline, and rotate it into a diff position and reinstall.
Tension adjustment is more of a one and done thing. After you set it initially, you use the handle to lock/unlock the ballhead.
Thanks for the info. The manual that came with it does not show how to adjust the tension. But upon closer inspection, I see how the adjustments can be made.

Out of the box, the ball-head supports my 24" Bergara BMP weighing in at 13.9 pounds. The weight of the rifle is biased to the rear due to the location of the rear-most M-LOK slot. As a result, the muzzle will rise once you lock down the ball head and release any upward pressure on the rear of the stock. I may need to find a ARCA/dovetail rail that will allow me to position the tripod closer to the receiver.

IMG_2650.jpeg

Last edited:
Artcise 82” comes with 75mm bowl with adapter and center column as well. 40mm legs, 88lb rated. $357 on Amazon.
Added this ballhead and you’re still in the $500 price range. Me and two other of my shooting buddies run these tripods in PRS22 and PRS matches and they work very well.
766750EB-7C40-4270-ACE9-D947764F501E.jpeg

Last edited: