• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Best unscented deodorant, soap?

WoobieJ

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2012
West Texas
What's the best unscented deodorant, shampoo, body wash?

I know a lot of people use "scent killer gold" or whatever, but what about just unscented dove or something?

It feels wrong to smell like "cool mist" or "refreshing citrus" while hunting. :ROFLMAO:

I use Scent Away products. They work well for us. When my daughter’s eczema flares up she uses the body wash and it goes in a couple of days.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
I used to use the products made specifically for hunters, I did like Scent Away as mentioned........................... but now just any unscented soap or deodorant. You can't cheat the wind.
Yea I know I can't cheat the wind but I also don't wanna smell like a bath and body works :ROFLMAO:

I know people do crazy scent control for whitetail hunting but in the west we just play the wind game. No need for scent control.....

I have a hunting buddy who is an absolute scent and camo nazi. The thing is, I've killed as many deer as he has, and just as close. Deer are like people, you only catch the stupid, or the careless ones.

Reactions: ken4570tc in WY
I have a hunting buddy who is an absolute scent and camo nazi. The thing is, I've killed as many deer as he has, and just as close. Deer are like people, you only catch the stupid, or the careless ones.

The closest and largest mule deer I ever shot was distracted by my brother and a friend. Nothing special for soap used the Wyoming wind in my favor.

I used the Scent A-way stuff in the past. Then use any sort of under garments that have a silver threading as part of the material construction. The outer/over garments need to be aired outside/quarantined to help prevent any other odors. I never had issues getting "winded".

I'm not a huge believer of the body specific scent killers....just buy unscented regular soap. I am however a believer in washing clothes in scent killing products (personally use DDW stuff) and scent spray on boots, legs, hands. Mostly for the reason of brushing up against foliage and leaving scent on trails walked on the way to the tree stand. Never forget the time I watched a mature white buck stop his casual trek in my direction when he stopped and sniffed a stick I pushed out of my way with my bare hand. He didn't blow out, but literally just raised his tail, and went back out the exact way he came in. Don't touch stuff you don't have to....period.

Reactions: WoobieJ
Sports Wash is the best I've used. It's inexpensive and available online. Give it a try.

I think special soaps and detergents and camo are all unnecessary. Stay still when they are looking at you. That’s the secret to hunting. I never shot a deer as a kid without a cigarette hanging out my dad’s mouth. I have popped up ground blinds the morning of the hunt and shot does at 7yards.

It’s all bait for the hunter not the hunted.

Reactions: ken4570tc in WY

So I know the wind is king in scent control, but with the swirling winds in Eastern whitetail woods I doubt anyone is dousing themselves with perfume before they go in the woods. I know most of my odor comes from my breath and the oils on my skin, but I limit what I can. For that use I like the Code Blue D/Code stuff.

I use the Hunter's Specialties Scent Away products. I got within 15 ft of a herd of elk. But they did wind me down range.

The alternative is to wash your clothes in commercial detergent that is harsh on merino wool and most times has brighteners. Even if it's unscented. There's no fooling an animals nose. I think we all understand that. But I've invested thousands in hunting clothes and I wash them often. I good unscented soap that's easy on my gear is worth it.

Homemade bars using just fat and lye here, have to do something with the pig fat. Otherwise Dove unscented.

I posed this on another forum, but how does anybody know if scented or unscented soap makes on iota of difference? Tooti fruity citrus may be a great attractant for all any of us know, LOL.

Here is the other side to this. Soaps with fragrance are going to help mask your personal smells. It is the way a lot of products work. Now, you can spend big money on a chemical concoction that smells like acorns to humans, but will all those chemicals smell like acorns to deer or hogs, or will they smell like a lot of chemicals? Remember, these animals have noses much more discerning than a human nose.

Funny of course. I'm still wondering which one can be used as the best odorless deodorant. To be honest, I don't even know how to keep the conversation going. For example, a friend of mine uses this soap very often. I think the soap he used was really good quality. After a while, I also wanted to buy myself this soap and asked a friend where he got it. A friend told about the company Alaffia, which produces various creams, shampoos and oils. Now I also take soap from them and, in addition to soap, I take from them a special shampoo for follicles. https://www.nhc.com/brand/alaffia

• Haha
Reactions: Mike Casselton
Funny of course. I'm still wondering which one can be used as the best odorless deodorant. To be honest, I don't even know how to keep the conversation going. For example, a friend of mine uses this soap very often. I think the soap he used was really good quality. After a while, I also wanted to buy myself this soap and asked a friend where he got it. A friend told about the company Alaffia, which produces various creams, shampoos and oils. Now I also take soap from them and, in addition to soap, I take from them a special shampoo for follicles. https://www.nhc.com/brand/alaffia

Wow, spam bot.

What's the best unscented deodorant, shampoo, body wash?

I know a lot of people use "scent killer gold" or whatever, but what about just unscented dove or something?

It feels wrong to smell like "cool mist" or "refreshing citrus" while hunting. :ROFLMAO:
Good old fashioned Dial unscented bar soap. I am bald so shampoo really isn’t a worry lol