• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best value 20 MOA base for Remington?

spitz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2012
Idaho
Do you have to spend 100+ on a little piece of milled metal? Wouldn't a Weaver or other cheapy work just as well?

Thanks.

Re: Best value 20 MOA base for Remington?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weaver Tactical Picatinny 20 MOA base. I have used several of them. They are good quality and a great value.

However on top end rifles, Seekins is my suggestion.</div></div>

+1. I was pleasantly surprised at the level of quality of the Weaver Tactical base. Also has a recoil lug unlike a lot of other cheap bases.

Why take a chance? Badger and you know its good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have to spend 100+ on a little piece of milled metal? Wouldn't a Weaver or other cheapy work just as well?

Thanks. </div></div>
NO and Yes
Try a EGW heavy duty base, about $60.00. Dang nice for the coin.
The $100.00 badger won't make your gun shoot any better!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milo-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have to spend 100+ on a little piece of milled metal? Wouldn't a Weaver or other cheapy work just as well?

Thanks. </div></div>
NO and Yes
The $100.00 badger won't make your gun shoot any better!! </div></div>

I started with an EGW and returned it immediately when I found it DID NOT have the integral recoil lug. A feature that costs zero extra to include is worth the added expense, and not worth going with a lower cost alternative.
I returned it and bought two Badgers.

If the Weaver has that...I would have given it a fair test, but I won't take the EGW, for that specific reason.

Thanks! I'll give the Weaver a shot. I see it's made out of aluminum just like Seekins.

You won't be disappointed with the Weaver, low cost, high enough quality, made in the USA. Does exactly what a base is supposed to.

Here is another vote for the Weaver. I have used many different scope rails, including Badger, Ferrell, Seekins, and EGW. To be very honest, I much prefer Seekins rails over any other, but the Weaver is totally top notch. The 20MOA Weaver Tactical is what I am running now.

It does have the recoil lug, the fit and finish were excellent, the rail slots are spot on with my digital calipers, and the rail is solid across the top. I prefer the solid top to the valley style, so it allows for proper placement of my level.

I will be giving my money for rails to Weaver from now on...

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The description on the Weaver website leaves a little to be desired. I'm assuming they're all 20 MOA, but it doesn't say so. I picked up a multi slot base http://www.weaveroptics.com/rings_bases/bases/multi-slot_base/

Hoping it's 20 MOA and I didn't screw it up. </div></div>

The Weaver Tactical rails mentioned previously are here .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milo-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have to spend 100+ on a little piece of milled metal? Wouldn't a Weaver or other cheapy work just as well?

Thanks. </div></div>
NO and Yes
The $100.00 badger won't make your gun shoot any better!! </div></div>

I started with an EGW and returned it immediately when I found it DID NOT have the integral recoil lug. A feature that costs zero extra to include is worth the added expense, and not worth going with a lower cost alternative.
I returned it and bought two Badgers.

If the Weaver has that...I would have given it a fair test, but I won't take the EGW, for that specific reason.</div></div>

FYI, the EGW heavy duty base has that, its the cheaper EGW that dont...

The Weaver can be purchased both ways, if it doesn't say 20 moa on the package, it's not.

I just gave thirty dollars for my weaver 20 moa base. I dont know how you can beat that for the quality. Mounted it to savage 10fcp with Vortex pst 6-24

Agreed. If it does the job for $30, why spend $100? Thanks again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weaver Tactical Picatinny 20 MOA base. I have used several of them. They are good quality and a great value.

However on top end rifles, Seekins is my suggestion. </div></div>

+1 Seekins is Very good