• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best varmint bullet / cartridge

If you aren’t going fur friendly then a big 22 with a fast twist or a 6 with a fast twist.

I currently run;

- 20 tac 35gr bergers
- 20 tac 39gr blitzkings
- 223 with 53gr vmax but looking to try 70gr rdf
- 6 creed 105 hybrids
- 25 creed 131 ace.

My favourite is the 20 tac, fur friendly, hammers them, flat shooting! But it is nice to have the heavies (6 creed) when it’s 500’plus. Thinking of putting together a 22 creed or 22gt for heavys when I know the area is potentially 500+

I am on year 3 of hunting with my 8 twist .22 Creedmoor. 69TMK at 3550 is my do everything load. I have killed 6 deer, dozens of coyotes, and a sack full of pigs. I cant imagine that I could have a caliber, or gun, I enjoy more.

I used a 223AI for years before that, typically with a 50gr VMax at 3500. It was, and is, a great little gun but the Creedmoor is a completely different critter. No comparison.

Don't push the 6mm 62gr Barnes Varmint Grenade in a 7.5 twist .243, the jackets will rupture. Expensive lesson.