• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Best way to get Lapua Center X.22lr in CA.

reichco457

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2019
Redondo Beach, CA
Hard to find quality .22lr. Ammo In Los Angeles. Can’t have it shipped in via the internet anymore. What’s the best way to get good ammo ordered in LA?
Who would be the best to work with LAX Ammo, or pay the FFL fee to order it out of state and have it shipped to the them. Ideas and advice is welcome!! Thanks much.

I bought some Center X from Brownells and had it sent to Rifle Gear in OC. Brownells had their FFL on file. They also asked me to sign a one time ammo wavier ( it basically said if the FFL refuses to receive the ammo Brownells is not responsible).
1. Call some local FFL's and ask if they will receive and transfer ammo to you from out of state. Ask what they charge for this.
2. Find a vender online who will ship it here and ask what they need on their end. (copy of FFL)
Easy huh?

Reactions: reichco457
Thanks Tim’s, this opens a lot of doors. Really appreciate this method. I didn’t realize that company’s like Brownells would do this. There is a Rifle Gear about 35 minutes south of me.

If you are willing to put up some work and expense up front you can still get ammunition shipped to you in California. With a C & R FFL from the feds and a Certificate of Eligibility from the state you can order online and have it shipped to you. That is the route I went rather than having to get it through an FFL every time you order. Not every dealer online will ship to you in California even if you have these documents, but Goodshootinginc.com will and they have a wide selection of match .22 ammo.

If you are willing to put up some work and expense up front you can still get ammunition shipped to you in California. With a C & R FFL from the feds and a Certificate of Eligibility from the state you can order online and have it shipped to you. That is the route I went rather than having to get it through an FFL every time you order. Not every dealer online will ship to you in California even if you have these documents, but Goodshootinginc.com will and they have a wide selection of match .22 ammo.
I will look into this, did not realize the mortal man can apply for this, thank you!

I get Lapua rimfire directly from Brunos, Creedmoor Sports, and Targetsports USA using C&R FFL plus CA COE.

If you don't want to deal with C&R FFL + COE (you really should to be honest; it's easy to get them and even easier to renew), Ammo Bros is supposed to have Center-X.

I get Lapua rimfire directly from Brunos, Creedmoor Sports, and Targetsports USA using C&R FFL plus CA COE.

If you don't want to deal with C&R FFL + COE (you really should to be honest; it's easy to get them and even easier to renew), Ammo Bros is supposed to have Center-X.
Thanks, that is plus 2 for C&R FFL !

Talk to your local gun store owners and see if any will let you order ammo online and have it delivered to their store. You then have the background check done at the gun store when you pick up the ammo.

The store I use charges a fee of $10 per 5000 rounds for the service.

Talk to your local gun store owners and see if any will let you order ammo online and have it delivered to their store. You then have the background check done at the gun store when you pick up the ammo.

The store I use charges a fee of $10 per 5000 rounds for the service.
Your timing was good. I just talked to my local FFL, and her said no problem. So I ordered from Mile High Shooting and they coordinated with my FFL. I purchased my CZ 457 VPT from MHS so they already had everything on file already. I totally overlooked this aspect of it, until I connected the dots from "Hide" members like yourself with the suggestions. Thank you all!

Reactions: Franko and BP Green
I can’t believe things have gotten so bad over there that you can’t even order rimfire Ammo over the net. How anyone can live there is beyond me. I did for four years back in the day when it wasn’t near as bad and that was more than enough for me...

I can’t believe things have gotten so bad over there that you can’t even order rimfire Ammo over the net. How anyone can live there is beyond me. I did for four years back in the day when it wasn’t near as bad and that was more than enough for me...
California has so many restrictions. Up until about a year ago I could buy ammo in any state and have it delivered to my door step. CA's restrictive laws suck! I just learn to do work arounds to get what I want (not totally completely) but close enough. Yes, it is challenging in CA and it makes me want to relocate to another state....choices are there, maybe AZ, UT, ID.

California has so many restrictions. Up until about a year ago I could buy ammo in any state and have it delivered to my door step. CA's restrictive laws suck! I just learn to do work arounds to get what I want (not totally completely) but close enough. Yes, it is challenging in CA and it makes me want to relocate to another state....choices are there, maybe AZ, UT, ID.

Do it. Run don’t walk. Save yourself man. Come to NM, we could certainly use more like us...