• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best way to go about seeking permission to shoot?

Wheres-Waldo

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2008
Unknown
Im looking for guidance on the best way to approach a residence in reguards to seeking permission to shoot on thier property.

I know most property owners concerns lie in liability in case of injury and personal property damage, and the noise....correct?

Picture yourself a not necisairily avid gun enthusiast...with a handsome amount of property. I contact you and portray myself as an avid and responsible gun owner and distance shooter. I politely seek your permission to shoot on your property, abiding by your schedule, cleaning up all my crap when I'm done and plan to leave your property in as good condition as I found it.

Whats your prefered method of contact?

What would be some encentives which I could offer you?
(Money, a release from liability to personal injury)

Re: Best way to go about seeking permission to shoot?

I would offer to leave the property in better condition than you found it, not "as good".

We got onto a rock quarry just by knocking on the ladies door and asking. We don't use it much because the limit range and a shit ton of rattlers, but it's close. Just go knock and ask.

Knock, introduce yourself like you said you would in your post and maybe, perhaps, offer to help (volunteer) with some of the chores related to maintaining the property in exchange for access to the land. Mending fences, maintaining a trail way or right of way or general handiwork around the place.

I think that approach would be more enticing to most landowners as opposed to someone who just wants to use the land while giving nothing in return.

Sounds like a plan....thanks guys.