• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Bet You'll Cry

Re: Bet You'll Cry

I don't have the words. Powerful video.

And when it comes right down to it thats all any of us really want...a little companionship and love. RIP, Ole Boy.

I cant watch stuff like this. My dog is 10 years old now and not a day goes by that I dont think about the day that I'll have to put her down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant watch stuff like this. My dog is 10 years old now and not a day goes by that I dont think about the day that I'll have to put her down. </div></div>

I'm with you on that one all the way. I've got a 9 and an 11 yr old labrador. Just have to enjoy the time that you have with them.

Couldn't finish watching.

I love dogs more than most people I know. Wish some of our politicians were subjected to the life that Ol Boy had to endure!

Very moving video, for sure. A tough, hard life with no love and no one to care for him. But his life ended well. He wasn't dirty and covered with mud. He was well fed, well watered, and was petted and scratched until the end.

After death, he received a nice send-off.

I believe that the dog is one of God's greatest gifts to His children. Thanks for the post.

yeah, i lasted about a minute and a half, I guess. Just when it said 'he sat up and took his last drink'. Then it got wet here, too.

That was Tough i work with a Dog rescue and all of mine are Rescues i lasted till the last drink .God Speed old Boy

Couldn't even watch it. My dog died one month ago. He was only 5 1/2 and I was not ready for him to go. Picture of perfect health. His stomach twisted and it was all over. I miss him a lot so, there's no way I could watch this video.

photo-2.jpg

Nope, can't watch it!
Saw it was about an old dog, and hit the X!

I teared up just seeing an article a while ago, about a guy who took his old dog to go swimming, just to ease his aching bones.

I watched, neat story. What is an animal communicator? I mean, I don't want to be a dick but is that like a dog whisperer or something?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sled Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watched, neat story. What is an animal communicator? I mean, I don't want to be a dick but is that like a dog whisperer or something? </div></div>

Bingo. I watched about 90 seconds and started getting pissed. If they knew this animal was in that much pain, why make him die a prolonged painful death? I was starting to think that this was more about these people feeling noble about themselves. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope so, but if an animal is going to die and is in pain, I don't believe in prolonging it.

I agree also DanGuy. If I was in that much pain, with no known chance, just give me a good pain killer and let me fall asleep. Life will end, why prolong it in that condition.
Communicator thing did not rub right with me. Looked like a cruel bastard wanting attention to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAT_Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bawled like a baby...
</div></div>

ditto

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DanGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Bingo. I watched about 90 seconds and started getting pissed. If they knew this animal was in that much pain, why make him die a prolonged painful death? I was starting to think that this was more about these people feeling noble about themselves. <span style="color: #FF0000">Maybe I'm wrong, I hope so, but if an animal is going to die and is in pain, I don't believe in prolonging it.</span> </div></div>

I agree.
The old guy could have died a peaceful death in the vet's office with a warm hand on his head and a kind word in his ear.
Their "kindness" only prolonged his suffering.

Jesus.... thanks for that.... Now I am heading out to get muddy with my two boxers in the rain.

Had my last dog from the age of eight until about two years after I did a four year stint in the Navy.( about 18 years)
She stopped eating and had to have her put down buried her under the roses in my moms back yard her favorite place and havent had a dog since (17 years) but the kids are begging so maybe its about time.

Didnt even try to watch.

I've heard crying cleanses the soul. I've got tears running to my shirt...which hasen't happened in many years. I think my filthy soul is finally clean for the first time in a long time.

At the end of his life he got to know love and compassion. Some dogs, and people never get that much. I just wish that no dogs had to suffer like that.

How we care for those who cannot care for themselves says a great deal about us. For those who cared for him, a thousand thanks.

Happy for the act, happy for the dog. I question the motivation of folks who document and post something like that as attention hounds. At least it was an act of kindness getting them their 10 minutes of fame. I agree there are many homeless people that could use some compassion but unlike a dog a lot of homeless put themselves there by their own actions. No excuse for cruelty to the helpless though human or animal.

Love to have a full week with those people that abandoned that dog the way they did. If you can do that to a dog you can do it to a human and they are the ones that should be put down.

While I appreciate their goodwill toward the suffering animal, I have to wonder if this is another case of some dudley-do-right causing more harm than good. The vet's office would have been a fine venue for a humane end, the people could still have sat with the dog and comforted it. They could have given IV fluids too, as a more effective mitigation of dehydration/thirst. This animal was not their own, it was not removed from the home for vet care... as such, how could it desire to go there? That is simply a device of personification, human emotion overshadowing reality.

The whole "communicator" thing seems to me like they filmed the escapade to promote their prowess as "holisitc dog healers" rather than as truly compassionate humans.

Still, I wish the dog happy trails. To own one is truly a study in mortality, something we all must confront eventually. I have a hard time believing that there is no higher plane for these creatures, what kind of merciful creation would exclude such a wonderful being.

Pretty tough to watch no doubt. Got a soft spot for animals, jackass people not so much. Gotta be a sick twisted individual to mistreat an animal.

It's pretty tough to watch, hell I couldn't make it all the way through after seeing the old man laying in squalor like that. It made me take a second look at "graying man" that I have lying at my feet this instant, he's only 5 years old, but already having a few issues getting up and down the stairs. if there are such things as angels they have four legs, a tail, and lick you in the face to wake you up when they are ready to eat.

I like dogs more than I like people. Things like this destroy me but as soon as I can clear the tears from my eyes it's a pretty beautiful thing to see that sweet little boy breathe his last breath well fed, clean and under the watchful eye of others who care just as much as we do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">don't mean to be a dick, but when was the last time someone went the extra mile to help out a homeless PERSON like that. </div></div>
I don't know. When was the last time YOU did?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like dogs more than I like people. Things like this destroy me but as soon as I can clear the tears from my eyes it's a pretty beautiful thing to see that sweet little boy breathe his last breath well fed, clean and under the watchful eye of others who care just as much as we do.

</div></div>
Well said, essentially the reason I posted it.

Some writer said that you'll know when you get to heaven, when all the dogs you ever knew come running out to greet you. Good enough for me...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xs hedspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some writer said that you'll know when you get to heaven, when all the dogs you ever knew come running out to greet you. Good enough for me... </div></div>

Yes sir-the Rainbow Bridge; http://petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm

This has been around a long time, but it's worth reading if you haven't seen it before.

George G. Vest
Eulogy of the Dog
23 September 1870
Warrensburg, Missouri

Gentlemen of the jury—
The best friend a man has in the world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter whom he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with out happiness and our good name, may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has he may lose. It flies from him perhaps when he needs it most. A man’s reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads. The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is the dog.

Gentlemen of the jury, a man’s dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground when the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he can be near his master’s side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince.

When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens. If fortune drives the master forth an outcast into the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws and his eyes sad but open, in alert watchfulness, faithful and true, even unto death.