• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Better late than never?

tunatuk

Private
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2007
Louisiana
Well, I signed up for this site many moons ago, but never got around to reading much. Don't even remember why I signed up, to be honest.

But now I've decided to get into the bolt gun game, and I figured this would be the place to go. So here's my introduction.

I'm 27, live just outside of Baton Rouge, and have been shooting since I was about 18 years old. Got bad eyes, but make do with what I can. I've got really bad astigmatism in my right eye (as in, can't see clearly without contact lenses), but only wear glasses at the moment. I shoot pistols and reflex sights with my right eye, but magnified optics/shotguns I shoot left handed. I'm a weirdo, but it's cool.

I'm in the process of acquiring a Savage 10 in .308 from a member here, and I'm gonna top it with a SWFA SS 10x42. I know this isn't the greatest setup, but it'll let me test the waters before I start dropping all of my money on it. I tend to be very intense when it comes to a new hobby (when I was still learning to play guitar, I dropped about $8,000 in the span of 3 years on 11 guitars and lots of other equipment, before I started doing anything with it).

First things first, I'm gonna do my share of reading up on different things. Then I'm gonna head to the range and see what I can do. Then I guess when I see how bad I suck, I'm gonna get someone to teach me.