• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Better than Girl Scout cookies!

sdkidaho

Nobody
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2009
Idaho, USA
As I came out of a store yesterday I was approached by some young Boy Scouts selling popcorn. I truly had no desire to buy any but the little guy was excited that someone actually stopped to talk to him so I followed him to their table to see what they had.

$10 for a bag of popcorn and I'm thinking "Holy crap that's expensive, and for something I don't even want." I was looking around, hoping my wife would say "No thanks." so we could move along, when their leader says that if we don't want it ourselves that we can still buy it and they will deliver it to our boys in the military overseas.

$30 of popcorn got donated. Not a big thing, but I enjoyed that a lot more than buying it for myself. So... don't walk by those Scouts! Send some popcorn over to our Troops & bring a smile to one of our men or women that is serving far away from home. You won't regret it.

I have NO affiliation with the Scouts whatsoever.

Re: Better than Girl Scout cookies!

We could use some on here occasionally. Im thinking of a current thread.

Did the same last week. I was in cub scouts when I was younger so I spent a vast amount on $1.00 worth of popcorn, for a good cause..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Girl scouts do the same thing. I send them by the case when approached.</div></div>

Yep, it is called "operation sweet treat". I am the leader of a troop of 70+ girls (long story there, 11yoa daughter, Me 1985 Eagle Scout). We are not your typical GS troop. We ship a bunch of cases over and have adopted a unit out of Bragg that was in Afganistan, husband of my wife's college friend. Great on BSA and GSA in doing this.

I could head this up come cookie time, usually mid December. PM me if interested. I am honest and can provide tax deductible receipts, at least we did last year.

I got one of those boxes overseas, the guys really do apreciate it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaddyRat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Girl scouts do the same thing. I send them by the case when approached.</div></div>

Yep, it is called "operation sweet treat". I am the leader of a troop of 70+ girls (long story there, 11yoa daughter, Me 1985 Eagle Scout). We are not your typical GS troop. We ship a bunch of cases over and have adopted a unit out of Bragg that was in Afganistan, husband of my wife's college friend. Great on BSA and GSA in doing this.

I could head this up come cookie time, usually mid December. PM me if interested. I am honest and can provide tax deductible receipts, at least we did last year. </div></div>

I bet your reallly cute in your GS outfit....Just kidding LOL. when time comes to ship some let me know. Im sending a pm, but couldnt pass that one up.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaddyRat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Girl scouts do the same thing. I send them by the case when approached.</div></div>

I could head this up come cookie time, usually mid December. PM me if interested. I am honest and can provide tax deductible receipts, at least we did last year. </div></div>

I bet your reallly cute in your GS outfit....Just kidding LOL. when time comes to ship some let me know. Im sending a pm, but couldnt pass that one up.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I am cute, the stuff of fantasies, or nightmares. Depending on your POV.

Thanks for the PM.

Hey, you guys get a room... Just get the treats sent to the people who will enjoy them more than those of us sitting in a comfortable chair watching tv at night.
smile.gif

FMR Boy Scout here, I really dislike the popcorn (sorry!). Thin Mints however are like gold.

I think it's a great idea. Someone on here was running "Sweet Treat" for his daughter; there's a couple cases from me that got sent somewhere. I've mailed stuff directly to friends deployed abroad as well.

Just because you don't want it doesn't mean it can't be sent to someone who will truly appreciate it.