• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes BEWARE Chi Com fakes even in the box store!!!

Fig

Tenor in the howler choir
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2018
The Most Dangerous City in the USA
This is totally crazy and blew my mind. This happened to a guy in my office and I asked him to send me the story via email so I could cut and paste to the board.

I recently bought a Vortex Razor-AMG-UH1, a holographic red-dot optic for Academy Sports and Outdoors last weekend.

The store had them in stock, it was brand new, never been used, had all of the original packaging and instructions with it. I bought it for $400. After taking it home, I turned it on and went through the settings. It is supposed to have 15 brightness level settings, the one I had, only had 6. It would turn on, I would click through the settings, it would go blank after 6 clicks. I knew from watching videos and reading the instruction guide, it was not supposed to operate like this. So, I contacted Vortex, explained to them what was going on, they thought it sounded suspicious. I sent them pictures of the optic, they confirmed it was a counterfeit.

I immediately returned it back to Academy, spoke with the manager and informed them that it was a counterfeit. I had to explain to them what was wrong with the product, and I had defend my position. I brought the transcript of the conversation I had with Vortex with me to the store to back up my claim. Academy confirmed it with Vortex, and immediately pulled the inventory.

They told me there would be a further internal investigation as to how this happened. They think it might be going on at the distribution center, where they are switching them out of the box.

Vortex has been extremely helpful in this whole ordeal, even though they had nothing to do with it. They reached out to me, gave me 50% off the real optic. It is on their website for $679. I was shocked to find out this was a counterfeit, especially purchasing it from a reputable sporting goods store.
This bullshit is everywhere now. Fuck those Chi Com mother fuckers, and be careful out there with your hard earned coins!

a shrink wrapper is cheap.
i used to put real presents inside a box for some random junk and re-shrink wrap it so they look unopened.
sometimes the kids would try to smile and thank me for the junk without even opening it. ?

anyone that shopped at Fry's knows about rewrapped used products on the shelves.
i always found a ladder and took product from a pallet if i could.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Wife just bought me a Bose ComfortQuiet 35 II headset from the Bose Amazon account... got em in... fucking fakes. Like not even good fakes either. Straight up counterfeit trash. Hit that return button faster than shit.

This shit is becoming as common as a table of fake rolexes in a Middle Eastern market.

Definitely an inside job...shady fucks afoot. They're everywhere, unfortunately.

While I am at it: Fuck you Armslist!!! That's the absolutely shadiest gun "sales" site I've ever come across. I think the majority of the ads are scammers.

Wife just bought me a Bose ComfortQuiet 35 II headset from the Bose Amazon account... got em in... fucking fakes. Like not even good fakes either. Straight up counterfeit trash. Hit that return button faster than shit.

This shit is becoming as common as a table of fake rolexes in a Middle Eastern market.
i wonder if it better or worse to get things from a distribution center or direct from seller.

Wait the rolex I got rolling through Kandahar from Halil who said his cousin in Europe sent him the watches is a fake?

Rest easy. I've got it on good authority that Halil is legit.

He was quite the entrepreneur...rolexes, gum, cigarettes, hand grenades... you know all the essentials...

P8130041.JPG

i wonder if it better or worse to get things from a distribution center or direct from seller.
I dunno man. I knew there were a lot of fake Tac gear and accessories on there but for the official Bose amazon account to be shipping these without knowing doesn’t look good for the model.

Wife got it as a gift for me so she feels bad. We submitted the return request on amazon and then I got in the car and drove three minutes to Best Buy and bought a legit pair lol. Now I hold it over her head and crack jokes every chance I get.

On both ends, stealing the real stuff too.

My wife works at a big retail store. Had a "UPS" driver in uniform show up to pick up a huge pallet of items shipping out to the distribution center for dispersement to customers. The receiving manager did not recognize them and asked for ID. The guy bolted, got into a semi, and hauled ass out. It happened simultaneously at three stores. Fucking thieves are conniving and brave.

Bling bling missamissa

This is just a tip of the iceberg in a sea full of knock offs dumped onto our shores everyday from China built around producing counterfeit items from laundry soap to high-end military equipment! And people wonder why Donald Trump won't allow Huawei and Skycom products for building out the 5G networks in the US!

China is a joke, they're the biggest scammers the World has ever seen! We invent, design and produce new products and within weeks before the patent ink is even dry Chinese companies are knocking off the very same idea!

Which by the way the owners have to try to defend their ideas and designs tying up their time and money when they could be working on just selling their own products, and making new ones. Instead having to deal with the BS China continues dump on our Country and around the World claiming to be an American product.

Even though we have more products now being produced in our Country, China just continues to find ways to get their cheap crap knock offs into our hands! It's insane that we have to inspect everything we buy wondering if it's real or a fake?

Good God Man, nothing is what it seems these days!

So I bought a vortex 2-7x scout scope a retailer that says made in China on the box. Fake? I thought the cheaper vortexes were made in Japan.

Last edited:
There's also issues with people buying a product, swapping in a knock-off, then returning it to the retailer for a full refund. This is especially common with Amazon, apparently
I got a fake Aimpoint that way. Wasn't an issue getting money back from Amazon but I'm sure they just sent it back out to someone else.

I almost got scammed on here. I found a Barrett 50 bmg on here and agreed on the price that he (nightforce007) was asking for it. Everything looked legit but told him I wanted to talk to him on the phone. He said his name was Scott Willard. So he finally called me after a couple of days and for 1 he had a really bad Indian/Arab accent and 2 said he lived just south of Chicago which I don’t even think Chicago allows people to own semi automatic weapons. So after all that and thankfully I didn’t send him any money I asked one of the administrators of snipers hide to check him out and his IP server ended up being from Nigeria with several other addresses and other items for sale trying to scam people. Just giving everyone a heads up But on a positive note snipers hide went in and deleted all his info and post and everything he had for sale

I hope the Audio-Technica BT headphones I just bought off Amazon aren't fake ?

This chi-com stuff can be absolutely infuriating.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
So I bought a vortex 2-7x scout scope a
retailer that says made in China on the box. Fake? I thought the cheaper vortexes were made in Japan.
Only the razor line is made in Japan if I remember right. Everything else is China

There are so many facets to this type of crap. One being people going in and buying stuff and returning it as new with a fake that China made or something else in the package. My kid bought a Lego that someone stole minifigs out of. Taped it back up and returned it as new.

My only issue with a lot of Chinese fakes is companies open themselves up to this sh#t. When you go to china to get a product made for pennies. Its kinda your own fault for being so greedy to deal with those cheating commies. Do you not think that after the factory makes their million gizmos for you they aren't gonna make an extra million to sell on the black market?

Reactions: myronman3
+1 on watching your a$$ with amazon stuff. When I was turning wrenches I bought a scan tool for cheap during one of their flash sale things. Got it, plugged it in to my laptop, went to register/update it on the factory website.... serial number not valid! It was a big name tool too. Found out that they had problems with people counterfeiting them. Sent it back, but as stated above, probably just got sent to some other unlucky person! It's a sorry world hahaha

Reactions: M8541Reaper
There's also issues with people buying a product, swapping in a knock-off, then returning it to the retailer for a full refund. This is especially common with Amazon, apparently

As an amazon seller, some aspects of the platform really screw third party sellers. one being guaranteed returns I pay for no matter what, dang near impossible to please customers, etc. Very oriented to making em money and keeping customers happy. Always.

• Wow
Reactions: Milf Dots
I just watched a show on Netflix called Broken. It talked about this whole Chineese counterfit business. Although it was about cosmetics the parallels to other industries are the same.

Bottom line is we import way more shit than we can control, inspect, or keep track of.

99% of it comes from China.

Reactions: 10ring'r
China manufactures counterfeits, while Americans sell said counterfeits (and said crap) to fellow Americans :ROFLMAO:

The Walmart paradigm...

Last edited:
Reactions: 10ring'r