• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

BEWARE of member NF1986

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Fellow Hide members. I absolutely hate to have to resort to this, but the other member has given me no choice. Member NF1986 is definitely one to beware of when doing business. I purchased a SCAR 16 from this member and at first he was very dependable and quick to respond to all PMs. He contacted me about purchasing a factory FN mk16 barrel assembly, but did not want to sell it without me purchasing the SCAR as well. I told him I would, but that it would be a while before I could pay him the total amount, but would be happy to send him some earnest money toward the scar. So I purchased the mk16 barrel setup with the intention to pay him the balance out of a future disbursement I would be getting in Dec-Jan. This was all understood ahead of time.

The barrel came in great shape and I thought this seller was GTG, but the SCAR purchase was completely different.

He shipped the SCAR as filthy parts thrown into a box with no packing material. The parts just rattled around and my FFL was shocked that there was a firearm inside. NF1986 was instructed well ahead of time by myself and by my FFL to please send a copy of his DL with the rifle, which NF1986 said was fine.

Well... There was no DL and there was no Mag with the rifle. NF1986 will not respond to any PMs, emails, or telephone calls and I have left many.

I then checked back at his previous posts here and see where there was another sketchy transaction with another member.

Guys, beware of this member. Always gets pics of anything he sells and be certain to get everything in advance since you wont hear back from him afterwards.

Otherwise you will get a package that looks like this mess.

I was able to clean the SCAR up with no problem, But I still want my mag and my FFL wants that DL copy.If NF1986 cares to respond, Ill be happy to edit this post, but it looks like this is the only way to get his attention.

Took these with my iphone touch at my FFLs upon opening.

Re: BEWARE of member NF1986

Wow nice packing... That's crazy. I guess your actually luck that stuff made it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the dog food bag IS packaging, duh </div></div>

But he forgot the packing kibble ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well at least you got it. Did the FFL release it to you yet without a DL ? </div></div>

Thankfully yes, but we are biddies. I do not like it when my friend asks that he gets a DL to keep his books extra straight, and then has to do a favor for me.

He could have just rejected it and I would have nothing at this point.

Don't feel the least bit bad for calling him out.

There is no excuse for that. I don't give a damn if his "15 year old son packed and shipped it". No one is that stupid, that's just being an <span style="font-weight: bold">asshole</span>, period.

Thanks for the warning.

for future reference sellers, FEDEX offers pack and ship for a small fee. That sucks it was sent that way, I would be happy receiving it. It could have easily gotten worse. You always hear of guys that get f**ked over and never receive anything.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8C-e96m4730"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8C-e96m4730" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I just want to know which package delivery service didn't manage to tear the box in fifteen pieces and lose the parts.

Nice Veer, and you make a damn good point. Who was this Box-o-Gun parts shipped with? Might need to start using them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for future reference sellers, FEDEX offers pack and ship for a small fee. That sucks it was sent that way, I would be happy receiving it. It could have easily gotten worse. You always hear of guys that get f**ked over and never receive anything.</div></div>

Really Lazy? Half the people in Fedex offices piss and moan when you try and ship a gun already packed. Do you honestly think you're going to walk into most Fedex stores with a firearm and say "here, ship this for me" and not see someone having a conniption?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for future reference sellers, FEDEX offers pack and ship for a small fee. That sucks it was sent that way, I would be happy receiving it. It could have easily gotten worse. You always hear of guys that get f**ked over and never receive anything.</div></div>

Really Lazy? Half the people in Fedex offices piss and moan when you try and ship a gun already packed. Do you honestly think you're going to walk into most Fedex stores with a firearm and say "here, ship this for me" and not see someone having a conniption?</div></div>

My fedex office sees me 3-4 times a week, I don't deal with that anymore
smile.gif

Thats really too bad ... I tried to PM him I am sure there is a good explanation on not responding.

His profile says he is a Law Student in Virgina

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevlars</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats really too bad ... I tried to PM him I am sure there is a good explanation on not responding.

His profile says he is a Law Student in Virgina </div></div>

Maybe he has a good reason for not responding, but I wanna hear the reasoning behind his choice of packing. I would never show that little care in shipping anything.

I have learned that I am not the first person this has happened to with this guy.

? you purchase a rifle, and didn't get a contact name & phone # / best i can say is "at least you got the rifle"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">? you purchase a rifle, and didn't get a contact name & phone # / best i can say is "at least you got the rifle" </div></div>

Did you not read anything and simply look at the pictures. Of course I called him. Called him over and over, PMed over and over, emailed over and over... Why do you think I even brought it up here. I hate calling people out, but sometimes its the final straw to pull.

At least it was a Whole Foods bag.........

Sorry to see that lack of care in packing a rifle. I can't believe that the parts made it to the destination without more damage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8C-e96m4730"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8C-e96m4730" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I just want to know which package delivery service didn't manage to tear the box in fifteen pieces and lose the parts. </div></div>

I actually remember when that was on the TV....you know, the HUGE 25" Floor mount TV that weighed 16 tons...while everyone was singing "I'd like to buy the world a coke..."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C-e96m4730

I just want to know which package delivery service didn't manage to tear the box in fifteen pieces and lose the parts. </div></div>

I actually remember when that was on the TV....you know, the HUGE 25" Floor mount TV that weighed 16 tons...while everyone was singing "I'd like to buy the world a coke..." </div></div>

I remember, it was the one with the CRT the same shape and size as the first Apollo mission capsule.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C-e96m4730

I actually remember when that was on the TV....you know, the HUGE 25" Floor mount TV that weighed 16 tons...while everyone was singing "I'd like to buy the world a coke..." </div></div>

I remember, it was the one with the CRT the same shape and size as the first Apollo mission capsule.</div></div>

And people were dying left, right, and center due to Lawn Dart injuries. Don't forget those.

So what you are saying is
MEMBER NF1986 is a real enema nozzle? (I have stopped using douche in this because douche nozzles go straight to the vaginal interior and cannot henseforth insult my favoritte place)

So this enema nozzle just put a bunch of dirty parts into a box and sends it sans no magazine, no DL, and no FFL copy? WTF is he from? Me, I ouwld post all his personal phone and address info all over the net with... Intrested in enema's, please call, or send pics to...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what you are saying is
MEMBER NF1986 is a real enema nozzle? (I have stopped using douche in this because douche nozzles go straight to the vaginal interior and cannot henseforth insult my favoritte place)

So this enema nozzle just put a bunch of dirty parts into a box and sends it sans no magazine, no DL, and no FFL copy? WTF is he from? Me, I ouwld post all his personal phone and address info all over the net with... Intrested in enema's, please call, or send pics to... </div></div>

Exactly. Except he has done this to two hide members now. I am posting this with hopes that there will not be a third.

I am the dealer that transferred this gun to beenjammin and I can attest that it showed up like this. It was totally not necessary to pack the thing like this. Pretty crappy if you ask me.

Im an alumni of the University of Virginia. If thats where hes a law student, pm me his name and info and Ill have the Law school look into it. He may not like the results so much as UVA has a one strike and your out (regarding lieing, cheating or stealing)_honor code. We dont care for thieves.

BTW, I just sent this to his inbox.

Your getting called out on the forum for a lousy deal. I suggest you get it straightened out. Im an alumni Of UVA and have cconsiderable contacts around the state of Virginia. I wonder how your law department would think of you upon receiving a a copy of all thats been posted about you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, I just sent this to his inbox.

Your getting called out on the forum for a lousy deal. I suggest you get it straightened out. Im an alumni Of UVA and have cconsiderable contacts around the state of Virginia. I wonder how your law department would think of you upon receiving a a copy of all thats been posted about you.</div></div>
Excellent! Hope You get some results.

For he's a jolly good fellow.....

Oh wait.... sorry.

Good work Maggot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, I just sent this to his inbox.

Your getting called out on the forum for a lousy deal. I suggest you get it straightened out. Im an alumni Of UVA and have cconsiderable contacts around the state of Virginia. I wonder how your law department would think of you upon receiving a a copy of all thats been posted about you.</div></div>

Did they have spell check when you went to UVA?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, I just sent this to his inbox.

Did they have spell check when you went to UVA? </div></div>

That was kind of, um, hokie?

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, I just sent this to his inbox.

Did they have spell check when you went to UVA?</div></div>

Touche'
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, I just sent this to his inbox.

laugh.gif
</div></div>

That would be Virginia Tech....We're the 'Wahoos', but good call
smile.gif

Thanks for the heads up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, I just sent this to his inbox.

laugh.gif
</div></div>

That would be Virginia Tech....We're the 'Wahoos', but good call
smile.gif
</div></div>

I was avoiding the "cavalier attitude towards shipping etiquette" pun ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys this guy also goes by the name Semperfi202 here and on ar15.com. </div></div>

I believe haviing more than one acct here is grounds for a permanant ban.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys this guy also goes by the name Semperfi202 here and on ar15.com. </div></div>

I believe haviing more than one acct here is grounds for a permanant ban. </div></div>

Isn't a bad sale on the hide also grounds for a permanant ban?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps we unfortunately need a "bad Guy list" here on the hide, include all known contact info, location, incidents/sales gone wrong ect. </div></div>

Thats been mentioned before, but as I understand it, leads to a permanant ban. Im betting the OP cleared this one with the mods.

It could help, but would lead t as much bullshit as politics or religon.

This really sucks and hate seeing it happen. I try to go out of my way, above & beyond when selling/shipping items. A lot of times I am not home and my wife is handling transactions for me and I've had 100% success. How hard really is it to package items, really? My latest sale was my UGSW Infidel and I had to order a new case to ship it in is as the original is out with Mike Bush full of part for a new build. Yepper, cost me extra out of pocket, didn't ask the buyer for any extra, and it made it to MO safe and sound.

Fucking people at times, just boggles my mind. Enough said.