• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beware RPR and similar lower priced accuracy rifles are gate way drugs!!!

kujuak

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
Saw an RPR a few years ago, read about 6.5 Creedmoor calibre and said hmmm, sounds interesting, so I bought one. BIG BIG MISTAKE! Now I have 2 AI's , two Kahles K624i scopes, TT with new reticle ordered and am seriously looking at an AMP annealing machine. Conider yourself warned. Go to your local gunstore buy a Remchester, Chinese counterfeit Leupold scope, some bulk reloads and avoid the above tragic story.

You have been warned !!!!!!:eek:

Saw an RPR a few years ago, read about 6.5 Creedmoor calibre and said hmmm, sounds interesting, so I bought one. BIG BIG MISTAKE! Now I have 2 AI's , two Kahles K624i scopes, TT with new reticle ordered and am seriously looking at an AMP annealing machine. Conider yourself warned. Go to your local gunstore buy a Remchester, Chinese counterfeit Leupold scope, some bulk reloads and avoid the above tragic story.

I ended up here the same way. :LOL: Not long after getting my RPR in 6.5 Creedmoore I decided I needed to start hand loading too. Then I needed to build a gas gun so it has a companion. Now I'm here several hours a day soaking up all the information I can.

Too late. I bought my first rifle 13 months ago and now have 4 rifles and 4 scopes. :p

Greg

Reactions: 10ring1
Lol

I almost made the same post the other night. I had a custom 308 700 build for 3 years or so. Shot it some. Got into a RPR 6.5cm and loved the bolt throw. Sold the 308 for a Havak in 6.5cm hopeinf to cure the itch knowing it still wasn’t what I wanted. Havak, SCAR, RPR, and Leupold 6.5-20 for sale or sold. Buddy has an unfired AX I’ll be picking as soon as all that finishes selling. Almost there. I can’t wait!

EA4F04F5-8341-4823-95D1-A8EDCF02CAA1.png

He speaks wise words of advice. You have been warned.
RPR was my gateway as well. Now I have a DTA SRS with multiple conversion kits and working on more.

Same here. Started with a 6.5 RPR a few years ago with Vortex Viper. Caught the bug. Few thousand rounds later I sold the rpr and scope and put the funds on my first AI and upgraded to a Gen II Razor. My 6.5 AX showed up yesterday and Ill be sleeping on the couch for a while:cautious:. Down the rabbit hole I go.

Dont let your friends get them either. My buddy bought one, showed me, then I had to one up him. Contact high. Addicted.

I've gone the other way. Bought a Tikka CTR and then realized that spending a few bucks more than my old Savage was everything I'd ever need. Bought an SWFA HD 5-20 and I'm stuck on that combo for a long time. Tried out some more expensive scopes, and sold them. I have shot a few more expensive rifles and have no desire to buy one. Can't even come close to justifying the crazy amount of money they cost.

Finished up my last match by cleaning the TYL at 800 yards (16", 8", 6", 4" targets) with the bone stock CTR and SWFA. I suppose more expensive guns would be nicer just like a lot of stuff in life would be, but I'm not willing to sacrifice that amount of money from family priorities when it wouldn't do anything to help me hit more targets. JMHO.

I will say that if SWFA comes out with a 5-20 HD with zero stop and a less outdated reticle within a few hundred bucks of the price of the current one, I'd buy that. Otherwise I'm happy as a clam with what I've got.