• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

!!BEWARE!! SPARTAN PRECISION RIFLES AR-10/ 308 Build

Papa Zero Three

Quiet Professional
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2012
Directly under the sun
This is just to let everyone know how FANTASTIC of a job Marc over at Spartan Precision Rifles did on my recent AR-10 build. I had been contemplating getting one of the other AR-10s be it a cookie cutter gun from one of the big mfgrs or a custom gun from other builders. With both having long and uncertain wait times I was looking at the used market as a possibility but wasn't finding what I wanted or what I thought was an acceptable price for a used weapon.

Low and behold, Marc announced he was doing a run on this gun build with an unheard of turn around time for a custom built AR-10 and a great price, so my mind was made up. I finially got around to picking it up from my FFL yesterday and took some time to add the other pieces to it, Larue 20 MOA mount, Bushnell 3.5-21 ERS HDMR H-59, JEC level and target location device. I asked Marc to add the folding stock to the build which he was game for. The only thing I am waiting on is the new PSR Atlas bipod from Kasey, so in the mean time I have a Harris on it. I'll take it out to zero here soon but I am confident that I will be happy with it's performance as the workmanship and attention to detail is superb. Build details are as follows:

http://www.spartanrifles.com/?page_id=25

DPMS pattern

Specs:
-SI Defense matched receiver set
-Magpul PRS (Precision Rifle Stock)
-Geiselle Hi-Speed DMR trigger
-Umbrella Corporation grip
-Badger Tac Latch
-Ambidexturous Safety
-Centurion Arms CMR 14″ hand guard
-Kreiger 22″ barrel with 11.25 twist chambered in .308 Winchester
-One 20rd Magpul Pmag

2rqhdao.jpg

t8pyrb.jpg

2r3io1t.jpg

2nght1s.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like some info on that folding mech if you don't mind.

I'd like some info on that folding mech if you don't mind.

There are a few makers out there that produce buffer tubes that fold. My question is what happens if you fire it while its folded. Do you get death by BCG?

There are a few makers out there that produce buffer tubes that fold. My question is what happens if you fire it while its folded. Do you get death by BCG?

I realize but the ones i've seen are made for a specialized BCG or 22ars where the BCG don't cycle into the buffer tube.

Marc builds great rifles, I had his 308 that he built to compete in the Oregon Sniper Challenge and should have never sold it!

+1 what happens if you fire with it folded?

That's a nice looking rifle. Hope you share a range report.

Like other folding stocks I've seen, it's not intended to be fired in the folded position and damage MAY result. Likely to hold together well enough to prevent injury, though.

Definitely adds to the sexiness of the rifle.

Last edited:
Beautiful rifle! After deliberating a bit I've concluded I like the stock adapter. As long as you understand it's limitations and follow the manufacture's warnings, you end up with an interesting modification you won't see very often. Be careful not to take a BCG to the chest and enjoy that beautiful rifle!

This is just to let everyone know how FANTASTIC of a job Marc over at Spartan Precision Rifles did on my recent AR-10 build. I had been contemplating getting one of the other AR-10s be it a cookie cutter gun from one of the big mfgrs or a custom gun from other builders. With both having long and uncertain wait times I was looking at the used market as a possibility but wasn't finding what I wanted or what I thought was an acceptable price for a used weapon.

Low and behold, Marc announced he was doing a run on this gun build with an unheard of turn around time for a custom built AR-10 and a great price, so my mind was made up. I finially got around to picking it up from my FFL yesterday and took some time to add the other pieces to it, Larue 20 MOA mount, Bushnell 3.5-21 ERS HDMR H-59, JEC level and target location device. I asked Marc to add the folding stock to the build which he was game for. The only thing I am waiting on is the new PSR Atlas bipod from Kasey, so in the mean time I have a Harris on it. I'll take it out to zero here soon but I am confident that I will be happy with it's performance as the workmanship and attention to detail is superb. Build details are as follows:

Spartan Precision Rifles | AR308

DPMS pattern

Specs:
-SI Defense matched receiver set
-Magpul PRS (Precision Rifle Stock)
-Geiselle Hi-Speed DMR trigger
-Umbrella Corporation grip
-Badger Tac Latch
-Ambidexturous Safety
-Centurion Arms CMR 14″ hand guard
-Kreiger 22″ barrel with 11.25 twist chambered in .308 Winchester
-One 20rd Magpul Pmag

2rqhdao.jpg

t8pyrb.jpg

2r3io1t.jpg

2nght1s.jpg

Did you get to shoot it yet?

I was getting a rifle built and while in Marc's shop I got to handle one of those and must say it was SWEET! Marc and Vince are building some really nice sticks right now!

Brian

In case you haven't heard already, Lowlight, The Hide and Marc are being sued by TR for posts made here on the hide about TR's horrible service and product. If you can, help Lowlight and or Marc out with expenses, there is a defense fund thats been set up already. Original thread on this topic can be found here:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...lawsuit-defense-fund-support-our-efforts.html

If you wish to contribute to Marc's defense fund send your contribution here:

My defense fund will be refunded if not used and reimbursed if I am able to collect damages.

[email protected] can be used for Paypal. If you'd prefer to use check or M.O. send to Marc Soulie, P.O. Box 185, Saratoga, CA, 95070. I will keep track of what I get from who.

I don't want to say anymore until my attorney and I discuss my plan of attack :)

Thank you!

Marc

If you also wish to contribute to the Hide and Lowlight's defense fund send your contribution here:

Help us defend our freedoms by supporting the site in this effort. Our initial retainer will be $7500... that is just the first step. Marc will more than likely have to defend his efforts to correct the problems found with his clients rifle. I encourage you to support Marc Soulie as well.

The Site Pay Pal Address is:

[email protected]

If Marc Soulie starts a fund we'll list that as well.

Everything Helps, this is a Federal Case.

Thanks to Everyone for supporting the site

Sniper's Hide
3205 Fenton Street
Wheat Ridge CO 80212

Papa - Saw your new stick in Marc's shop - VERY nice and hope you enjoy it. (Had to be yours, as it has the folding stock...) That is a nice kit indeed.

I think Marc still has one or two of these for sale as well.

Any range reports on these yet? Thinking about getting one but will have to sell my rifle to get it.

BLUF: Its a very accurate rifle, well worth the money IMO, nothing but good things to say about it. I don't have a long blow by blow review to give or pictures of targets with one bullet hole in it shot from the space shuttle bay doors and no break down of my secret handload recipe. I zero'd it at 100m, shot several confirmation groups, all easily 1/2 -1/4 MOA and then took it out to 800+m on steel. I used M118 factory loads. I like it a lot and I think its an incredible deal given the craftsmanship and the quick availability compared to cookie cutter guns offered by the other mfgrs. As a point of reference, as I know one mans "It's fantastic" might be another mans "It's OK", I have carried and shot an Original SR-25 since they came out and currently shoot a M110 K1 at work as well as have time on OBRs, etc. If you're thinking about getting one of these, rest assured it is well worth the money, if anything, it's a steal IMO. Marc did an incredible job, as usual, and I think anyone who owns one will agree with my assessment on it.

Man, that's a good looking rifle... heavy barrel, but portable due to the short length/stock adapter. Nice!

BLUF: Its a very accurate rifle, well worth the money IMO, nothing but good things to say about it. I don't have a long blow by blow review to give or pictures of targets with one bullet hole in it shot from the space shuttle bay doors and no break down of my secret handload recipe. I zero'd it at 100m, shot several confirmation groups, all easily 1/2 -1/4 MOA and then took it out to 800+m on steel. I used M118 factory loads. I like it a lot and I think its an incredible deal given the craftsmanship and the quick availability compared to cookie cutter guns offered by the other mfgrs. As a point of reference, as I know one mans "It's fantastic" might be another mans "It's OK", I have carried and shot an Original SR-25 since they came out and currently shoot a M110 K1 at work as well as have time on OBRs, etc. If you're thinking about getting one of these, rest assured it is well worth the money, if anything, it's a steal IMO. Marc did an incredible job, as usual, and I think anyone who owns one will agree with my assessment on it.

Thats what I wanted to hear, short sweet and to the point. Thank you Papa Zero Three.