• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beware , Taurus 992 Factory Spec

gr8guns

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2019
I have had a Taurus 992 revolver for a few years, six inch bbl, and as you know, it is a .22 lr &.22 mag
convertible double action revolver. It has about a 3.5 lb. Trigger pull, shoots decently accurate, low priced.
I liked it so much I ordered the same revolver, only with the four inc bbl. BEWARE ! ! ! The new version looks the same, built like a tank, but looks are deceiving. The trigger pull on the new one is over eight and a half lbs. S/A mode. I called Taurus, and they sent a call tag after I told them my complaint. The lady told me the factory spec was 4 to seven pounds, they would look it over. Look is all they did, as I got a phone call telling me the revolver is in spec, they are sending it back, no repair. So, unless I can figure out a way to get the trigger to about 4 pounds, I can’t use it. I have a heck of a time trying to back the the hammer, and D/A mode is off the planet…….The latest CEO stated he was going to fix Taurus customer service, and he has……..everything will be in factory spec and be perfect, no matter how much of a complaint you will make. I’m trying to find a gunsmith to fix it, but no body wants to lay hands on the lowly Taurus. I’m sincerely thinking the four pound hammer adjustment to this hunk of junk , to be sent to the CEO in Georgia
might light him know how angry I am about the situation. But we all know That is all just my big mouth. Anybody got ideas to help an old gasser like me ?

Your options are try to get Taurus to fix it, take your lumps and sell it or learn how to fix it yourself.
Unless you are very confident in your mechanical skills the latter can cause you woe. No wise gunsmith will accept a revolver you tried to fix yourself or a box of parts.