• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bgtc prec rifle match 8/18/12-scores posted

inalabama

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2007
birmingham, al
BGTC PREC RIFLE MATCH 8/18/12 [bham,al] 700 YARDS-NEW MATCH FORMAT-See the match diagram below. We will have steel of all shapes and sizes, dot drills, KYL stages, a barricade stage and shots out to 700 yards. match is 50 rounds, match fee $15, ammo restrictions are no bigger than 300 win mag and no faster than 3000 fps, match is limited to the first 30 shooters that preregister with me by PM here or email to me at [email protected] [when you contact me, please include your full name, home address, email address, caliber you plan to shoot & muzzle velocity] the match starts at 10am CST, sign in starts at 9am CST.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Here is our detailed match description that is going on our bgtc website:
Below is a diagram and description of the Precision Rifle Match format. The match is shot prone and off of various barricade type structures. No bench rest type of equipment is allowed. When shooting prone bipods are the only allowed form of front rest. Rear sand bags are allowed. To register send me your emails at [email protected] to sign up. Once I receive your email I will reply advising you are registered for the match and add you to my email list for score distribution and future match announcements and reminders.The match is run on the second saturday of each month during the months of February through November each year. In your email please include your full name, caliber you plan to shoot and muzzle velocity [note match limitations are no caliber bigger than 300 win mag, muzzle velocity no faster than 3,000 fps, if you are above either call me at 205 276 5027 to discuss.] This is a safety precaution to avoid damage to the AR 500 steel plates. Depending on the size of your bullet you may be able to shoot the match with a muzzle velocity in excess of 3,000 fps at the discretion of and subject to the prior approval of the match director.

New shooters will need to either [1] prequalify on range h on scheduled range h days [non members are also allowed-members and non members please watch the event calendar on the web site for these dates/times/fees, you can email me at [email protected] or Rich Crouse at [email protected] for information about the next scheduled prequalifying event] or [2] seek to qualify during the match which requires advance match director approval and ongoing match director supervision during engagement of targets at each distance or stage of the match based on shooter performance that day at distances starting at 100 yards. If you have already shot our precision rifle match twice you are "pre-qualified" already.
Here is how to get to the range h parking lot and the match. Enter the range road from the main road and follow the road down to where it turns 90 degrees to the right. In a few yards you will see a fork off on the right [across from the range house and bath house that will both be on your left] onto a dirt and gravel road. Immediately bear right at the fork and then immediately take a 180 degree right turn down the short dirt road into the woods and follow it down the hill. It will soon turn to the left and you will see the Range H entrance gate. Please park outside the gate without blocking the entrance gate. There is a large open area there for parking. Once you have parked, go to the pop up canopy to sign in for the match, pay your match fee and sign the waiver form if you are not a BGTC Inc. member.

Shooters will be expected to be able to carry with them throughout the match everything they need to shoot the match. Because we move the firing line and due to limited space on Range H shooters will not be allowed to drive their motor vehicles on Range H* [*accomodations are made for shooters with physical limitations such as in the case of use of a wheelchair or other such necessary device]. Shooters will be required to have a sling capable of carrying their rifle in a safe position [bolt open or out of the gun, chamber empty, internal magazine empty, external magazine out of the gun, muzzle up] and some sort of back pack or other pack capable or being carried by the shooter from firing line to firing line safely and expeditiously during the match.

At the start of the match all shooters will be required to carry all of their equipment from the rear of range h to the firing line for stages 1 & 2 [see diagram below-this is a walk of approximately 200 yards]. Thereafter, each shooter will be required to move expeditiously with his/her squad to the various firing lines and positions upon the direction of the Range Officer.

Safety is ALWAYS the most important consideration and all shooters must avoid "sweeping his/her muzzle" across other shooters if/when turning to walk to the next assigned firing line or when the rifle is being removed from your shoulder/sling and placed on the firing line. Except when being carried in a sling, as indicated above, during the match rifle muzzles must always be pointed down range towards the 700 yard terminal berm. Except when directed by the range officer, all rifles must always be in a safe condition with:
bolt open or out of the gun, chamber empty, internal magazine empty, external magazine out of the gun, muzzle pointed down range at the 700 yard berm or muzzle pointed up when slinged and moving to a firing line at the direction of the Range Officer/Match Director.

Match fee is $15.00 cash. Sign in starts at 9:00 am, safety briefing at 9:30 am, the match starts at 10:00 am. Hope to cya there. Larry & Rich
</span>

matchdescription.jpg

Re: bgtc prec rifle match 8/18/12-new format-700 yards

thanks matt the new format and distance should be a nice change up

guys this is a pretty good train up match in prep for the big ones put on by PTS and K&M, thats what we have been working towards and with 700 yards hope we are there now...7 spots still open

got a ? for you i see its timed shot how much time per stage my rifle is a single shot and do you have class for 223 or is it all grouped togther?.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lal357</div><div class="ubbcode-body">got a ? for you i see its timed shot how much time per stage my rifle is a single shot and do you have class for 223 or is it all grouped togther?.
</div></div>
hey there, we are scoring in two classes, bolt gun and semi auto so you would be competing against other ar shooters or bolt shooters only depending on what you decided to shoot, we do time the stages, while i am still finalizing that stuff the prone stages will be similar to what we see at the big matches in the southeast, for prone we plan to have several shooters on the line at once, start with a one minute prep time with everyone hot on the line and then go down the line one shooter at a time with somewhere between 90 seconds to 2 minutes per 5 shot run per shooter. the barricade stages will allow a bit more time, probably 3 minutes +/- total prep and shot time. dots will be slow fire prone, probably 1 minute per dot, 5 minutes for 5 shots, etc.. you don't have to be a bgtc member to shoot the match and you don't have to have lots of experience to shoot the match. the intent of this match is [1] to give less experienced guys a chance to develop the skills you need to hone to do decently at the bigger matches in the southeast and [2] to challenge experienced shooters to shoot a perfect score [which won't be easy] if you are interested send me a pm here and i will fill you in on more details, hope you decide to shoot with us!

hi wayne sending you a pm right now yes we have a few slots!

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 17pt">3</span> slots open</span>

Re: bgtc prec rifle match 8/18/12-scores posted

Thanks to all who showed up to shoot, here are today's scores, cya at the next match. Next time we plan to add a few more stages to run simultaneously with the 600 and 700 yard prone stages. Larry

Stuart Norton 224
Wayne McNeely 192
Adam Cox 190 (great shooting Adam, only ar of the match, 308)
Keith Henline 184
Jay Carter 152
Bryan Law 150
John Snead 142
Jim Cox 132
Ken Decker 124
Wesley Lewis 120
Patrick T. Powell 118
Danny Hensley 112
William Aguire 110
Jason Grant 92
JD Kornegay 88
George Morris 68
Mike Richardson 66
Jon Willis 66
Greg Evans 38

Great match Larry, I really like the new format and the longer ranges. I emailed you a few pics from the match. If you want you can post them here or on the range website. Thanks again for a fun and safe match.

thanks adam, you shot great i will post the pics you sent me, hope to cya at rhe october match