• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Bhtc 2015 wish list

Bhtc 2015 wish list

• Kalashnikov Rifle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fargo007

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2007
Bucks County, PA
www.bhtcorps.com
Hi Shooters,

As we start putting together our options for 2015 I would like to ask those who are likely to train with us what it is that you are looking for in terms of training courses.

To that end, here's a brief poll.

Thanks!

--Fargo007

Last edited:
Well that's two of us brother.

We ran the DMR course in 2012 and it was a REALLY great time. I've been shooting and competing with a .223 DMR gun almost exclusively for nearly two years now. My gun is now in pieces. I shot my barrel out way past its intended life and after talking to Shawn at Hawk Hill Custom I'm going with one of his 18" barrels which is on the way. Running a semi is substantially different from running a bolt gun. I would focus on those differences in the DMR course in terms of the specifics of both running the semi, as well as the overarching mission of that platform which would include making accurate hits out to 800Y, and being able to engage mid range targets quickly and effectively.

Since it's near & dear to my heart, that's the one course that I really hope we get enough students to run.

/Fargo007

I'm 100% in for DMR and Intermediate/Advanced Precision Rifle. Taking the Initial Precision Rifle in October so those will be the next classes I sign up for

Awesome!

We really appreciate the feedback guys.

DMR is any semi auto with at least 4x magnification (10x at least is recommended). Sling required on the rifle, and at least five magazines. 250 Rounds minimum for .308 caliber and 300+ recommended for .223. Your rifle should be capable of 1MOA for this course (a five shot group <=1"), and ammo used should be suitable for longer range use (e.g. no 55gr xm193 or 62gr M855 and no AP/Tracer or penetrator cores).

A Rucksack is recommended and a way to carry mags on person is also a benefit though not required.

For the night fire stuff white light is unwelcome on the firing line. We recommend a red or blue glow stick or two, or a red LED type light.

Honestly that's the full extent of the DMR course req's.

This course features scenario based problem solving. We will be integrating some tannerite targets into the course as well.

The advanced course will DEFINITELY run again in 2015 with additional tweaks. Mike and I were VERY happy with how that course went and apparently the students were as well.

/Fargo007

Last edited:
`
Awesome!

We really appreciate the feedback guys.

DMR is any semi auto with at least 4x magnification (10x at least is recommended). Sling required on the rifle, and at least five magazines. 250 Rounds minimum for .308 caliber and 300+ recommended for .223. Your rifle should be capable of 1MOA for this course (a five shot group <=1"), and ammo used should be suitable for longer range use (e.g. no 55gr xm193 or 62gr M855 and no AP/Tracer or penetrator cores).

A Rucksack is recommended and a way to carry mags on person is also a benefit though not required.

For the night fire stuff white light is unwelcome on the firing line. We recommend a red or blue glow stick or two, or a red LED type light.

Honestly that's the full extent of the DMR course req's.

This course features scenario based problem solving. We will be integrating some tannerite targets into the course as well.

The advanced course will DEFINITELY run again in 2015 with additional tweaks. Mike and I were VERY happy with how that course went and apparently the students were as well.

/Fargo007

Well i'm definitely in for the DMR course. My friends likely won't have the rifle to be able to run the course effectively sadly unless they share mine (which is not likely to be ideal).

You also likely have me for the Intermediate/Advanced Rifle course, especially after reading a write up. Maybe i'll even have my AI by then...

I hope you do the initial/intermediate class again unless I get my alternate spot for this upcoming one!

Freddy
I'm in for DMR and I sure would like a movers portion of this as well. The Advanced PR class was the most mentally challenging class I've ever done, but that's what's great about your classes, they truly challenge the student.
Marc

I am certainly up for DMR and defensive AR15. I am geared up for both. Would be more than happy to attend another advanced course. Would like to see more night fire in any course, as I no longer get the chance to train in that environmnet. Plus, it would give me a great excuse to buy a weapon mounted NVD.

Freddy, after watching you shoot yours, I decided to put together a DMR upper for my AR. Run a course in the spring and I'll be there.
Ken

For a barrel check out Hawk Hill Custom. My gun is in pieces now. The barrel is shot out and I'm going with HHC from now on. There are a few guys using these that I know and they are shooting lights out.

Freddy & Mike,
The Int/Adv. class was fantastic. Tons of info and the chance to have someone's eyes on you to help with position. Bring it back again in 2015 and sign me up again!
Thanks, Mike

Freddy & Mike,

i am dying to take your Intermediate/Advanced Precision Rifle class. Can't wait to see it offered on your 2015 schedule. Also, would love to see you guys over an immersive fieldcraft/sniping class. Your knowledge and teaching styles are amazing so I think it could be really valuable to those of us trying to get better behind the rifle.

Thanks,
Michael

DMR course as well....been monitoring your calendar all year for it.

And of course...just more classes in general. Very hard to get into a class!