• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

F T/R Competition Bi-Pod or Benchrest rest for 600yd shoot?

JGorski

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2011
Central Wis.
Im having a rifle built with a Manners T4 stock and will be using it in 600 yd BR comps at our local range. Question is, who would use a Bi-Pod with a rabbit ear bag or a BR rest like a Bald eagle "Slingshot", which I have? Would also like to get into F-Class shooting at the Lodi range next year, now there Id like to use the Bi-pod only with rear bag.

Re: Bi-Pod or Benchrest rest for 600yd shoot?

I'd like to get into shooting at Lodi next year. I have a nice bipod that I machined a few years ago that works real slick for f- class. It's kind of a cross between the old and new Sinclair bipod and some of my ideas... Your more than welcome to give it a try if you want. I just put an atlas on my rifle to try out. Let me know if you want to shoot sometime.

Thanks for the offer. I do have 2 Harris Bi-Pods so Im pretty much set there, trying not to spend any more bucks than I have to on the new rifle. Im in the Wausau area, and you?

What caliber are we talking about here? If it's not .223 or .308, a bipod is kind of a drag in F-open.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Denys</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What caliber are we talking about here? If it's not .223 or .308, a bipod is kind of a drag in F-open. </div></div>

6 Creed.

Yeah, if you will be shooting F-Open, you might simply go with the rest, vs. the bipod. There are a few notable exceptions, but by and large, F-Open types are running rests.