• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bi-pod suggestion

Harris with a podlock is sort of the standard. Although, it is definitely heavy and will really change the balance of your rifle. Atlas is not a bad choice either

You better not use one of those Ckye Pods as they are heavier than the Harris with an Arca adapter and would probably pull the rifle right out of your hands being so nose heavy if you set it on an obstacle. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: LV Precision
Ugh, I have 2.25 lbs for a bipod on my NRL hunter rifle. Triple pull is right at the limit.

I have several ARCA atlas I'll probably use for now. Need a triple pull lite! I can put two atlas (regular and with ski pole legs) :) for less than 2lbs.

Need magic fluid NASA pours on stuff to make it lighter.

Ugh, I have 2.25 lbs for a bipod on my NRL hunter rifle. Triple pull is right at the limit.

I have several ARCA atlas I'll probably use for now. Need a triple pull lite! I can put two atlas (regular and with ski pole legs) :) for less than 2lbs.

Need magic fluid NASA pours on stuff to make it lighter.

That's what a tripod is for. And it doesn't count against the weight limit.

And a couple of years ago I thought I dropped some coin to buy my Atlas, with the Area 419 clamp. That MDT bipod looks great, but damn it makes me feel poor.

The Tubb asymmetrical bipod totally changed my life. It's more like a camera tripod than a bipod.

You mean millions of dollars?
Pretty simple to make things lighter, you just need to be willing to pay.

Already paid a fair bit to be at 9.75lbs with a mg chassis, 6.5PRC, full 4-24 FFP optic, suppressor, arca rail, sling.... Hence trying to figure out how to get a triple pull ckyepod a tiny bit lighter than the 2.25 lbs reported above.

Its a nice to have. The atlas will work.

Speaking of feet, do most prefer to run their bipod with rubber feet or spikes?
FWIW, on one of the ES podcasts, Frank recommended using the B&T Cleat Feet, as they have an articulated ball joint, and so will sit flat, whatever width your bipod legs are set to. He also pointed out that some of the spiked feet, at certain angles, don't provide as much purchase.

The Cleat Feet are now discontinued, but a couple of retailers still have them in stock if you hunt around - B&T's product code was BT24, which should help.

After initial testing, I'm seeing the benefits Frank spoke about - and slightly surprised that everyone here hasn't cleaned up all of the remaining stock! :)