• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Big Dog Steel AI Spigot Rail Adaptor

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Hey Guys,

Want to give a shout out to Ryan over at Big Dog Steel regarding his Accuracy Interntional Spigot Rail Adapter.

BigdogSteelAI.jpg

I have been using this adapter for several months now, even back to the older prototype, and I have to say the unit works outstanding.

Being a fan of both the Accuracy International Platform as well as the Atlas Bipod this is perfect bond when using them both.

BigdogSteelAI2.jpg

However you are not limited to using just the Atlas Bipod, so you Harris users are not left out. Ryan @ Big Dog included a way to change the adapter to fit a Harris and even provides the sling stud to use.

Here is image from the Group Buy Thread

railclose2adapter.jpg

A key feature to using this over the stock attachment point, is, it puts the bipod forward of the stock which helps with accurate. The further forward towards the end of the barrel you get, the better off you are. So this definitely fits the bill.

airailnew2.jpg

That little bit will go a long way to helping with accuracy. Trust me on this.

For you guys who don't like the swivel, the excessive movement when using a spigot bipod on an Accuracy International, you can see where Ryan has added this tensioning knob to dial out the movement and to secure the adapter in place.

BigdogSteelAI3.jpg

This also makes it easier to take on and off, in the past I have some that are very difficult to get off, because the stud is a bit too short. Well this solves that issues with some older designs.

So if you are looking for an option to mount a bipod on your AI Chassis, or AW / AE rifle, look no further than Big Dog.

Re: Big Dog Steel AI Spigot Rail Adaptor

I have one of these and it is very nice.

I have one on mine,and it's the only way to go!It's amazing how much more stable it makes everything having the bipod out more forward makes.

That looks awesome. Any chance we can get one made for the TRG's as well?

I love mine as well Ryan, they are a really well made and very well thought out unit. I love how it extends the bipod out a little further then normal. Help balance the rifle a ton. Makes a super stable platform which I am a fan of.

I would recommend them to anyone looking for a quality product to help with the stability of your weapon system.

Love it! Please note that you do have to trim the spigot release lever on the AICS to use the KMW Harris Podloc (clearance issue).

11656.jpg

Ryan, any more of these in stock. I would like to buy another!

That is a seriously good looking piece of kit! just about every AI in the country should be wearing one of those.

Thought I'd reserrect this thread. I noticed the new Gen II mount is longer than the one pictured above. Reasoning? Was it due to the clearance issues with the Harris systems? I'm probly going to pick one of these up for my AT either way but I was just curious. I kind of like the older version being slightly more compact.