• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Big Horn Origin and remington stock fit.

holy cow

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 22, 2010
    South East Ohio
    I have a McMillan stock cut out for a Remington short action. I am thinking of trying a Big Horn Origin action but would like to know how the fit would be? Would the side bolt release clear the stock and how well would the port on the action match the cut out for the Remington action. With the swept back bolt handle I figure that the cut out for the bolt handle should work well. I am really not interested in having the stock cut on to work for the Origin action.

swept bolt handle will be the biggest issue. you may need to notch the bolt release. unsure about the action port

Mine drop into Rem inletted stocks without issue.

Zermatt put the bolt release high enough its no issue, would work even though I have them in stocks cut for the bolt.

I can shoot you some pics of them tonight if you want.

McMillan A5
    KMW Sentinel
    Manners EH1

May need to trim the ejection port back 1/4” or so, the origin window is a little longer ….I have pic somewhere when I had to trim my grayboe.

Here is an ejection port with a Bighorn TL3 and a Manners made for a Rem 700. It runs fine this way so you don't have to trim anything unless you wanted to.

IMG_1061.jpg

Reactions: Braunie1