• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Big Iron Lovers Rejoice – the Windrunner M18!

ELR researcher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
www.elr-resources.com
Big Iron Lovers Rejoice – the Windrunner M18!

Keary Ritchie, son of deceased Bill Ritchie and proprietor of Vigilance Rifles, has been kind enough to share a great story, the “new” Windrunner, the Windrunner M18.

In design for over 20 years, its available as a repeater, and as a single-shot. The most obvious differences between the “old” and “new” Windrunner are that the barrel is not “quick change” via barrel nut and the design does not have the classic Windrunner dual-rod collapsible buttstock. The barrel is “standard”, i.e., threads up to/locks up against the face of the action. The buttstock is also “standard”, but AR standard. So Keary’s design supports normal fitting and chambering, like of a Rem 700, and supports typical AR rear furniture. The included bipod is from the Vigilance M12, the included 10-round mag is from the Vigilance M14, and the included muzzle brake is from the Windrunner M96.

The action itself is huge,13.75 long, takes Rem 700 triggers (an actual Rem 700 factory trigger is supplied), is threaded 1 ½-12, and includes a zero MOA optics rail and Windrunner “quick-fire” firing pin. The rifle, as shown in the stand-alone, table-top pic, weighs in at 29.5#. The barrel, by K&P, is 29” long with a 1 in 15 twist. The muzzle is threaded 1-14 in case you would prefer an AR-50 brake (not a current option). Targeted at accuracy-focused .50 BMG shooters (tight chamber, .559 neck), rifles will also be available in .50 DTC and smaller chamberings - .338 LM, .375, and .408 CT. While not currently available as an action-only, Keary could probably be talked into just providing the action, if you have a way to go from there (only a barrel block setup comes to mind).

One of the Windrunner M18s will be on display in the THOR Global Defense booth (#6208) at SHOT Show 2018.

Keary has been accepting pre-orders for a while now and expects to start shipping in April – or 12 weeks after receipt of a 50% deposit. The repeater is priced at $3999 and the single-shot at $3599. Vigilance is located in Chino Valley, AZ and can be reached at 1-928-910-3623 or [email protected].

BTW, no, the side of the receiver will NOT include".50 BMG."

And, no, I am not employed by or otherwise indebted to Vigilance, just wanted to post up a “good news” story.

Attachments

• Keary standing sized.jpg
    Keary standing sized.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 363
  • Keary in shooting pose - sized.jpg
    Keary in shooting pose - sized.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 396
  • side shot less barrel  - sized.jpg
    side shot less barrel - sized.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 404
  • side shot with buttstock - sized.jpg
    side shot with buttstock - sized.jpg
    564.6 KB · Views: 404
  • bolt - sized.jpg
    bolt - sized.jpg
    516.8 KB · Views: 399
  • side shot - full - sized.jpg
    side shot - full - sized.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 365
So if I'm not mistaken, on this one the barrel is not easily removed for transport / storage / caliber change?
Fixed barrel that would require tools and then proper fitting / adjustments to change?

Based on where the AR-compatible stocks will attach, it looks like the cheek pieces will be too far back to get proper eye relief. Also looks like you are going to need a lot of height adjustment in the cheek piece.. that pic of the guy in "shooting position" is just holding his head in place to be able to look through his optic lol.

Hey.
Keary from Vigilance here.
The back of the rifle will be 2 inch shorter in production. I brought the back down to take any AR type stocks. Everyone ordering so far is upgraded to Magpul PSR which has a cheek adjust and butt adjust plus you can slap on the folding monpod on the lower pic rail on the PSR.
I didn't include it that way because I needed the price to be competive with all the less expensive 50 BMG rifles on the market.

Also from my years of experience, you really can't get a good cheek weld on any rifle with ear protection on. On a fifty you need both plugs and phones. If it lifts up a little off your ear you will adventually become deaf, like me. Mostly from the concussion but definitely the noise. I don't use cheek weld on my M14 Semi either. The PSR stock will give good cheek weld for those who want too.

Hey.
Keary from Vigilance here.
The back of the rifle will be 2 inch shorter in production. I brought the back down to take any AR type stocks. Everyone ordering so far is upgraded to Magpul PSR which has a cheek adjust and butt adjust plus you can slap on the folding monpod on the lower pic rail on the PSR.
I didn't include it that way because I needed the price to be competive with all the less expensive 50 BMG rifles on the market.

Also from my years of experience, you really can't get a good cheek weld on any rifle with ear protection on. On a fifty you need both plugs and phones. If it lifts up a little off your ear you will adventually become deaf, like me. Mostly from the concussion but definitely the noise. I don't use cheek weld on my M14 Semi either. The PSR stock will give good cheek weld for those who want too.

Any chance you will produce more mags for the original generation wind runner. I would love to buy another mag for my 50bmg wind runner.

This is my first post here... I have lurked forever but finally decided to join
So..first... Hello to everyone.
Second.. I wanted to let everyone know that I placed an order for a custom M18 Windrunner from Keary Ritchie at Vigilance Rifles.
It was ready in half the time stated. The workmanship and fit and finish are second to none.
I am also sure I wore him out with emails and questions along the way but he was always quick to respond and patient. He also stuck to the original quote he gave me even though it required unforseen necessary changes and extra work and upgrades.
I took these pics right out of the box after I snapped it all together so it's a little dusty.

If you need the highest quality rifle at the best price... In pretty much any caliber.. Call Keary

Attachments

• 20191028_205711.jpg
    20191028_205711.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 227
  • 20191028_205723.jpg
    20191028_205723.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 220
  • 20191028_205745.jpg
    20191028_205745.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 238
  • 20191028_205803.jpg
    20191028_205803.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 228
This is my first post here... I have lurked forever but finally decided to join
So..first... Hello to everyone.
Second.. I wanted to let everyone know that I placed an order for a custom M18 Windrunner from Keary Ritchie at Vigilance Rifles.
It was ready in half the time stated. The workmanship and fit and finish are second to none.
I am also sure I wore him out with emails and questions along the way but he was always quick to respond and patient. He also stuck to the original quote he gave me even though it required unforseen necessary changes and extra work and upgrades.
I took these pics right out of the box after I snapped it all together so it's a little dusty.

If you need the highest quality rifle at the best price... In pretty much any caliber.. Call Keary

The barrel shown is quite a bit different from what is on their website. How long is it and what is it chambereed in? Thanks.

It is chambered in 50bmg.
The barrel is stainless, 41.5 inches total length. The first 10 inches outside of the action are 2" diameter then it tapers to 1.5" over a 2" span and remains 1.5" for the remaining 28". He then matched the muzzle break to the 1.5" barrel. He also had to use a longer oversized bipod rod and made that out of Chromoly as well

how are these things shooting?

looking at grabbing .50 cal by end of year. everything on the table for now, ax50, barrett, Vigilance, anzio, and DT

Cheytac has just been bought by a new company that plans on restoring it to its former glory. Lots of new things about to be happening. Keep an eye out for them, they are about to shake up the game with all sorts of things.

Cheytac has just been bought by a new company that plans on restoring it to its former glory. Lots of new things about to be happening. Keep an eye out for them, they are about to shake up the game with all sorts of things.

Hi,

I hope this new ownership is different than the past 9 new ownerships in the concept of "restoring" it.

Sincerely,
Theis

Be interesting to see if they can succeed where so many others have failed thus far with bringing it back to the good old days

From their FB page - "Chey Tac USA is under new ownership. Campbell Arms Manufacturing, a preferred DoD vendor for weapons solutions, founded by a former 82nd Airborne, Special Forces Weapons Sergeant, has for the last several months been in negotiations with the prior owners of Chey Tac USA. With the recent finalized contract, Campbell Arms Manufacturing has acquired Chey Tac USA.

Campbell Arms Manufacturing will be pushing forward with the innovation Chey Tac was known for. We also seek to improve goods and services whenever possible. We know that shooting enthusiasts, hunters, competitors, and uniformed professionals are who we ultimately work for. We will do whatever we can to meet the needs of the community. Know that we value and appreciate our customers and look forward to bringing our best to you. We look forward to hearing from you all. "

Considering all the competition, seems a tall hill to climb.

Anyway, totally of thread.

With the Cadex Shadow pretty much dominating the factory cheytac category and AI coming out with the AX50 ELR in the cheytac round later this year, they better come up with something very competitive if they're going to be successful. I don't know how much longer they think the EDM/Intervention platform is going to carry them. Just my 2 cents. I wish them all the best.

I agree that there are very competitive platforms out there these days. Cheytac still holds all the patents and rights to their cartridge and all of their designs. After speaking with the new owner of Cheytac, Blaine C., for about 45 mins it was truly inspiring and exciting hearing some of the things coming in the near future. Not all of which are what they already produce. The things they are coming out with are incredible sounding and I hope they happen quickly! My wife just got her Cheytac m200 back from Cheytac and of course we're under a shelter in place order where we live, so we haven't been able to develop a load for it yet. Lol

Reactions: 7mmShooter
I agree that there are very competitive platforms out there these days. Cheytac still holds all the patents and rights to their cartridge and all of their designs. After speaking with the new owner of Cheytac, Blaine C., for about 45 mins it was truly inspiring and exciting hearing some of the things coming in the near future. Not all of which are what they already produce. The things they are coming out with are incredible sounding and I hope they happen quickly! My wife just got her Cheytac m200 back from Cheytac and of course we're under a shelter in place order where we live, so we haven't been able to develop a load for it yet. Lol

Confusion from another "CT" front - THOR's FB-page (4/13) announcement about the formation of Chey-Tac, Inc. in Arkansas,

"PRESS RELEASE—FOR IMMEDIATE PUBLICATION & DISTRIBUTION

CHEY-TAC, INC

SEIZING THE DISTANCE AGAIN IN VAN BUREN ARKANSAS

Larry Knesek, President & CEO, and Derek Savanella, Vice President & Managing Partner, are excited to announce the relaunch of the Original CHEY-TAC™ Military Weapons Systems on April 8th, 2020

at our state of the art facility in Van Buren, Arkansas. As the original developer of the revolutionary Balanced Flight .408ct™ round, it is the perfect day to reintroduce this award winning system to the serious shooter, as well as ITAR approved countries around the world.

In 2007, 2008 & 2009 The CHEYTAC M-200 Intervention™ was voted the #1 Sniper System in the world on the Military and Discovery Channels by expert shooters. As well as being featured in numerous feature films which include: Shooter, 211, and the Sniper franchise, the M-200 has been the go to sniper rifle in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and other video games.

CEO Larry Knesek has continuously manufactured CHEY-TAC™ weapons under the THOR brand, since his original collaboration in the early 2000’s with Warren Jessup, Bill Ritchie, Warren Jenson, Mark Jamision, Dr. John Taylor and Corey Kupersmith. Before his unfortunate passing, Bill Ritchie gave THOR the exclusive rights to manufacture the Windrunner lines.

The re-emergence of CHEY-TAC™ brings some new faces to the company. Sal Santopietro, Vice President of Military Operations, is a battle proven combat helicopter pilot. As a Retired CWO out of the 189th Army Aviation Battalion in Connecticut, he was a first responder on 9-11 patrolling the skies of New York City before being sent to Iraq, where he saw firsthand the need for the lethal effect of the CHEY-TAC systems. He brings real world experience to a strong team. Mr. Santopietro works hand in hand with fellow Army Vet and CHEY-TAC’s Lead Armorer, Andrew Meeks.

The reintroduction of the CHEY-TAC™ System, under the steady and experienced hands of Larry Knesek and Derek Savanella, brings to the forefront a battle tested sophisticated true Long Distance Sniper System capable of living up to its storied past. The M-200 Intervention is ready to retake its place as the #1 Long Distance Interdiction System in the World.

Significant advances have been made in both the Original M-200 Intervention™ as well as in the .408 round. We are very excited to share the breakthroughs in technology with the public at large, as well as with our own military and police forces, as well as with our US State Department ap-proved foreign governments around the globe.

Gone is collateral damage; back is one shot, one kill. Gone is the day that the enemy can consistently hide beyond 2 miles; back is the day of the well trained sniper who will hit the target at 5+ Kilo-meters, each and every time. Gone is the night where the enemy insurgent can hide in the dark; dawn has come in the form of Advanced Thermal Imaging.

Long story short, WE TAKE THE LONG SHOT! BECAUSE WE CAN, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

With requests coming in domestically from gunsmiths looking to repair systems that are currently in use in the field, as well as those looking to purchase new systems and in addition to new orders internationally from countries such as India, Poland, Brazil, Azerbaijan, Egypt, Romania, Spain and Bulgaria, CHEY-TAC™ stands ready to once again defend the freedom of America and American Allies.

Superior American Made Rifles and ammunition have a home in Arkansas, come celebrate 408 day with us in Van Buren.

Visit us in person at 1206 Knesek Lane in Van Buren Arkansas or call us at 479-474-3434"

• Haha
Reactions: Geno C.