• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Big Joe visits AZ and tears it up

Tucsondave

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Joe graced Tucson with his presence and visited the Gimp. We took him to the secret ranch shooting location with steel at 440,750 1115 and 1165yrds. Joe debuted his new 300 WM in a AI Chassis,barreled action by Youngs Guns and his HRT by GAP and Mauser by Benchmark. A few other beater rifles were used as well.Good times for sure. Anyone else wanna come out and visit?

Re: Big Joe visits AZ and tears it up

Dave is a hell of a host, those "beater rifles" were shooting pretty damn good. We were consistently hitting the 60 percent Etype at 1160 yards with the 308's I think having them blessed by lowlight payed off and I think knight said a prayer too otherwise the bullet would have fallen from the sky at 600

Fuck Crye precision pants I shoot in luckies

Looks like a beautiful day at the ranch! Thanks for the pics TD!

Where in Tuscon are you guys at? I've got a lot of family out there and I'm heading down this summer hopefully. I'd like to find a place to take my cousin who's LE out there and do some distance shooting...

HPD just wait till i get back i'll get you at leas 650

Give me 15 years when i get out of school hell yeah i'll come shoot lol...

Damn looks like a great time was had by all. Joe that 300WM looks great!

And thanks to TD, I keep picturing BigJoe bear hugging him while on the back of a sport bike on the way to get tacos
laugh.gif

One of these days I will make it out west to visit, you guys have a great lil spot to shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AlabamaShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn looks like a great time was had by all. Joe that 300WM looks great!

And thanks to TD, I keep picturing BigJoe bear hugging him while on the back of a sport bike on the way to get tacos
laugh.gif

One of these days I will make it out west to visit, you guys have a great lil spot to shoot.

</div></div>

I found him a loaner bike. No broke back motorcycle here. Spooning at night was nice though.
smile.gif

Seriously though,Joe's been trying to make it down here for awhile. Noah,the gimp, and I have been out to visit Joe and shoot with him in San Dago a few times. He was nice enough to give us a tour of the Facilities on Coronado 2x which thrilled the Gimp to no end. Joe was able to come out and keep the Gimps spirits high while he is recovering from surgery. The verbal abuse and threats of physical punishment worked. Noah made some great strides in his recovery knowing that Joe was there to pull his man card. As an added bonus,Joe was able to p/u his 300wm and hang out. My pleasure to show you some Tucson hospitality Joe. A couple of cars and motorcycles are calling your name.

Lol I'm happy to do it and appreciated the awesome hospitality shown by your whole family. I'm hooked and will be back. Hopefully offering Noah the skydive will help with recovery too.

Damn that looks like some serious fun! So jealous right now looking at the pics, warm weather, nice range, blah blah blah. Tomorrow I have range time here, looks to be in the 20 degree range if lucky and snow................. then shoot Sunday night, more cold and snow.

Trigger time is trigger time. Maybe I should look into loading up the guns, the Busa, and my wife for a trip west!!!!!

Dave needs to open a Bed & Breakfast for shooting and motorcycle tours, lol.

I have a hard time picking out which one is Big Joe without his barista apron.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a hard time picking out which one is Big Joe without his barista apron. </div></div>

He's the one in the designer jeans.

TD, I'm ready to come out and shoot with ya. You might have to come this way sometime and I will take you on the Mississippi Flyway for some killer wing shooting, or hit the fields in the layout blinds and smack the Geese...

that is a nice looking area. off hwy 79 by chance? if this is a truely open invite i'd love to make a trip down there to shoot with some like minded people some day. I'm new to long range shooting and would enjoy the oppertunity. assuming you guys don't mind a gas gun being in the mix? all I have untill I get my .223ai build going. it's a .308 at least
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TucsonDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The $34.95 Suppressor was as quiet as AWC 338 can and had no POI shift at all. </div></div>

A little more info? assuming the Form 1, is it the shorty one in the pics? Care to share any designs?
My form 1 recently cleared, and I still kicking around a few ideas. I am doing a 338, and dont want a 3lb beast hanging off the end of my barrel.

Thanks in advance sir,
DT