• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Big News on the Surgeon Rifle front.....

RollingThunder51

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
U.S.A.
For those that may not be aware of some of the more interesting strategic couplings occurring, here is one to kick off your weekend.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Surgeon Rifles Joins Forces with AWC Suppressors</span></span>
August 19, 2011

Strategic Armory Corps ("SAC") today announced that it has acquired Surgeon Rifles, Inc. of Prague, Oklahoma. For the past nine years Surgeon has manufactured a variety of the highest quality rifles, actions and other accessories for custom hunting and tactical rifle enthusiasts utilizing computer numerical controlled machining equipment. The Company's three primary stock rifles are the Scalpel Surgeon Tactical rifle, the Laser Surgeon F Class 1000yard rifle, and the Remedy Extreme long-range rifle. Additionally, the Company sells its proprietary Actions know as the 591 Short Action BDL Style Repeater, the 591 Short Action Single Shot, the 591 WSM Action, the 1086 Long Action Repeater, the 1581 XL Repeater Action, and the RSR Action. Surgeon builds a high quality rifle that is practically indestructible and has one of the highest degrees of accuracy on the market. Surgeon's tactical rifles dominate the major sniper matches in the U.S. with a large percentage of the finalists utilizing its rifles. Preston Pritchett, Surgeon's founder and leader will remain with the Company and will assist Strategic Armory Corp in the expansion of its other products and services.

SAC is also the owner of AWC Systems Technology as well as AWC Ammo. AWC Systems Technology is a 27 year old leading manufacturers of firearm sound suppressor equipment systems, commonly known as silencers. It is considered to be one of the three largest and one of the highest quality manufacturers of its products in stainless steel and titanium. AWC's customers include law enforcement, wildlife management, US military, foreign governments and individual firearm owners. SAC acquired AWC Systems Technology in November, 2010. AWC Ammo is a U.S. based manufacturer of match-grade ammunition sold to the commercial market. AWC Ammo providesammunition in a wide range of calibers including 9mm, 40 S&W, 45 ACP, 223 Rem, 308 WIN, 300 Win Mag, 338 Lapua, 50 BMGand several unique items including the 308 sub sonic cartridge.

Strategic Armory Corps acquires and operates leading providers of products and services in the firearms related industry. The Company's strategy includes the belief that combining product leaders in the firearms industry will allow the Company to provide the most efficient and appealing method of servicing the needs of its customers. Additionally, the sharing of technologies and expertise between these product leaders will allow the Company to provide the highest quality and technologies at the best value to its customers.

Re: Big News on the Surgeon Rifle front.....

Hopefully things dont change to much

I'm still trying to process this information. Should I give it a thumbs up or a thumbs down? It saddens me, actually, to hear this. In any form, good luck.

By the way, I love the new website.

Interesting. I wonder if this increases or reduces my chances of being their janitor one day.

This is good news how?

AWC cans aren't junk but they aren't exactly at the top of their field.

Will the quality remain the same, or will it head south over time? Was trying to save up some cash to get a Surgeon but now will wait and see.

I personally know the guys in the shop and I can assure you that quality will not go down. I know Mr. Preston will not let anything knowingly leave that shop that is not of the highest quality they are capable of producing.

Dustin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRB45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the quality remain the same, or will it head south over time? Was trying to save up some cash to get a Surgeon but now will wait and see.</div></div>

Exactly. I have an SR RSR, I dont think I would have bought it from AWC

In fact, it looks like I have a discontinued action, already gone from the website.

http://www.surgeonrifles.com/actions

I also saw that the RSR action is not available on there web page. But Brownells shows available. I am wanting another 591 action myself. Hope there are no major changes to products

Guess our actions are now KEEPERS....officially. Yeah, not sure if I'm liking this or not. Just out of curiosity, didn't SR start forging their actions this year, then start cutting once initial shape was obtained? This is what I was told in January, while the guys were out of the shop at SHOT. Forgot the guys name that told me this, but I do re-call that part.

Goin' for a 591 action myself. Wonder if I shouldn't go with a Stiller.

Stephen, Kay, Preston and the entire Surgeon crew are still at Surgeon making 591's and XL's the same as they did last year.

Purchase with confidence.

I was hoping they had started making left handed rifles.

I doubt things will change much with Preston and the crew still on board. Perception is reality in most people's eyes however. I love my Surgeon and hope that nothing changes other than who is cutting the checks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I doubt things will change much with Preston and the crew still on board. Perception is reality in most people's eyes however. I love my Surgeon and hope that nothing changes other than who is cutting the checks.

</div></div>

Ya...but is their a guarantee they won't be let go, and they bought it for the name only.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I doubt things will change much with Preston and the crew still on board. Perception is reality in most people's eyes however. I love my Surgeon and hope that nothing changes other than who is cutting the checks.

</div></div>

Ya...but is their a guarantee they won't be let go, and they bought it for the name only. </div></div>

Apparently some changes have already occured.

That RSR that I built a rifle on? The RSR accessories are no longer on the website. Any support bits outside of returning under warranty are now custom fab instead of order-and-install.

I agree, don't know whether to say yay or nay. Oh well, at least I got my 1581 before any changes. I truly hope it works out for Preston. They are fine folks that always answered my "stupid" questions without batting an eye.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I doubt things will change much with Preston and the crew still on board. Perception is reality in most people's eyes however. I love my Surgeon and hope that nothing changes other than who is cutting the checks.

</div></div>

Ya...but is their a guarantee they won't be let go, and they bought it for the name only. </div></div>

Unfortunately, there are never any guarantees. My company ($1B+ value) was just bought out and people are already losing jobs.
frown.gif

I don't know the details of the buy-out, so I am drawing conclusions that Preston and the Oklahoma Boys will have little to no input in the decision-making process. It's a a buy-out for crying out loud. Things don't get managed as it was originally founded. Unless Preston kept a huge percentage stake, which I doubt, he can continue delivering his products unaltered. Other than that, SAC and "the Company" will do as they please and will push the Surgeon name for profit, whether for the good or the bad. It's not my intention to piss anyone off. This is just my uninformed opinion.

If Surgeon is making money, like I'm sure it is, SAC or "The Company" probably just bought them as an additional investment and to widen their name. If they are keeping the crew and want to keep making the money they make they should leave it alone.

Like Warren Buffett, goes in and buys profiting companies, and lets them run like nothing happened. Just sayin!

I do hate that the RSR is no longer on their website...

Does anyone from the Surgeon Crew visit this forum? Maybe they could help explain what may or may not happen.

I'm glad too I went ahead and bought a 591 just in case something bad happens. I really hope for Surgeons name sake this does not end up like Lawton.

Going back and reading and this sounds almost like a good thing. SAC will market, advertise, etc. Surgeon will do what they do best...build rifles, making Surgeon an even more profitable company for their new owners.

Maybe even more money for R&D (research and development, not Precision), new products, etc.

Thought I might find out something with a quick google search but I will have to try harder tomorrow I guess.

Strategic Armory Corps

Warren Buffett? Seriously? He's only beat the stock market ever since he was born. I doubt SAC has that ability.
laugh.gif

I can't wait for GAP to finish my Surgeon build. I have a feeling the subsequent actions won't be as great.

Maybe there is some good in all of this. But who knows, right?

Sorry for the lack of follow-up, just got back in.

So we can be clear here. In the vast majority of SAC purchase I am aware of the whole original team stays on. In the last one, almost a year later, all of the original team remains. A fortune spent in new machinery, $600,000 axis machines, new facilities, etc. etc. The product line is vastly improved, quality (already extreme) is even higher. Materials once thought to be unavailable or inaccessible are routinely scheduled and utilized. The owner of SAC is very savvy, very people smart and operates under the concept that he is engaging the people that created the original success story and pressing them to go further. SAC buys a particular type of enterprise, they actively look for a particular type of market share, powerful and competent management teams, pride in product, etc. etc.

In this case, IMU that Preston and whole team remains right there doing what they are doing, but with some consequential differences:

1. Fresh and significant capitalization.
2. An unencumbered and wholly supported role in their current enterprises and responsibilities.
3. Fresh and significant capitalization.
4. A piece of the action of a much larger concern.
5. Fresh and significant capitalization.
6. Working with other divisions that, like themselves, are running straight out, profitable and a very loyal clientele.
7. Fresh and significant capitalization.
8. Coordinated marketing, sales, distribution, channeling.
9. Fresh and significant capitalization.
10. A much larger pool of talent to cross draw from. Tremendous upside, tremendous economies of scale.

As an example, when it became clear that no U.S. produced Ti tubing was available that was large enough in diameter to provide for the next gen, it was under SAC that the go ahead was given for the line to be run on new machines capable of cutting the envelopes out of solid U.S. sourced Ti billet. That operation alone was ground breaking in the quantities required and new machinery was brought in to get it done. Nothing short of transformational.

I own the 591, understand why the RSR with its lack of integral rail has fallen out of favor, and, having watched SAC work, only expect the products from here on out to improve geometrically. And for Surgeon, that should be something to see!

I was amazed to call last Monday and ask for a XL with a 338 bolt face and Stephen told me he had some on the shelf ready to go. Last time I called it was 4 weeks minimum until they could ship it.

I see improvements already. I think they are headed for better things. And as far as the statement that AWC is not a top tier? Are you kidding me? Go look at their THOR line and tell me how those stack up to what you have now....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry for the lack of follow-up, just got back in.

So we can be clear here. In the vast majority of SAC purchase I am aware of the whole original team stays on. In the last one, almost a year later, all of the original team remains. A fortune spent in new machinery, $600,000 axis machines, new facilities, etc. etc. The product line is vastly improved, quality (already extreme) is even higher. Materials once thought to be unavailable or inaccessible are routinely scheduled and utilized. The owner of SAC is very savvy, very people smart and operates under the concept that he is engaging the people that created the original success story and pressing them to go further. SAC buys a particular type of enterprise, they actively look for a particular type of market share, powerful and competent management teams, pride in product, etc. etc.

In this case, IMU that Preston and whole team remains right there doing what they are doing, but with some consequential differences:

1. Fresh and significant capitalization.
2. An unencumbered and wholly supported role in their current enterprises and responsibilities.
3. Fresh and significant capitalization.
4. A piece of the action of a much larger concern.
5. Fresh and significant capitalization.
6. Working with other divisions that, like themselves, are running straight out, profitable and a very loyal clientele.
7. Fresh and significant capitalization.
8. Coordinated marketing, sales, distribution, channeling.
9. Fresh and significant capitalization.
10. A much larger pool of talent to cross draw from. Tremendous upside, tremendous economies of scale.

As an example, when it became clear that no U.S. produced Ti tubing was available that was large enough in diameter to provide for the next gen, it was under SAC that the go ahead was given for the line to be run on new machines capable of cutting the envelopes out of solid U.S. sourced Ti billet. That operation alone was ground breaking in the quantities required and new machinery was brought in to get it done. Nothing short of transformational.

I own the 591, understand why the RSR with its lack of integral rail has fallen out of favor, and, having watched SAC work, only expect the products from here on out to improve geometrically. And for Surgeon, that should be something to see!

</div></div>

Excellent. Thanks for taking the time to respond to our nonsense.
grin.gif

Your welcome, if there is a better receiver, I have yet to see it.

LONGWAITs.jpg

brd.jpg

I would really look at this as being bad. There's another group buying up gun companies and such and they are closing doors and moving the production lines. Take Bushmaster that I think was purchased by Cerberus (spelling). They are no longer produced in the same location which has been shut down and moved.

Sure right now not much has changed and all are fine. But the larger companies have different views and goals that Preston may have had. I would bet Preston has a 1-2 year contract as advisor or something similar with a non compete clause as part of the deal.

IMO, One has to understand each transaction..

Cerberus Capital Management ("the brains behind sticking the U.S. taxpayer with the bill for cratering Chrysler"1) well, under your model AAC is in deep trouble as not only does Cerberus own them as well...but the firearms divisions are, as you say, starving for cash flow as the whole black rifle market implodes (search for threads right here on Black Rifle Consolidation). Cerberus has fought to maximize their operations profitability by consolidating their portfolio, moving, just as you said Bushmaster out of Maine. IMO they screwed that pooch so badly that aside from destroying their incredibly talented and diligent work force....they allowed this to happen...OOpppps....The "management team", the "quality", the drive... remained in Maine.

http://www.windhamweaponry.com/

1 - http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/06/robert-farago/ex-bushmaster-owner-starts-windham-weaponry/

http://www.pressherald.com/news/New-rifle-company-takes-over-Bushmaster-plant.html

http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/2011/06/windham-weaponry-will-take-over-old.html

So you mentioned Bushmaster and Cerberus, lets start there. Cerberus Capital Management is one of the largest private equity funds in the U.S. and, as you mentioned, they have or do own...

<span style="font-weight: bold">Pharmaceuticals</span> - In December 2004, the company announced the acquisition of Bayer's plasma products business and renamed it Talecris Biotherapeutics. It purchased Talecris for $83m, and sold the bulk of its shares in October 2009, for a net gain of $1.8bn.[21]

<span style="font-weight: bold">Paper products</span> - The company acquired MeadWestvaco's paper business for $2.3B in 2005 and renamed it NewPage Corporation. Cerberus also purchased, from Georgia Pacific Corporation, its Distribution Division/Building Products and all of its associated real estate. It renamed this new company BlueLinx Holdings, based in Atlanta.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Government Services</span> (Military, Energy, and Food & Drug) - owns IAP Worldwide Services, which bought Johnson Controls' World Services division in February 2005. Previously owned Multimax (purchased predecessor company in 2000 and Multimax in 2006; sold entire holding in 2007 to Harris Corporation). The company is also completing acquisition of the private military contractor DynCorp International.[22]

<span style="font-weight: bold">Real Estate</span> - Through investment affiliate Cerberus Real Estate, the company has been making direct equity, mezzanine, first mortgage, distressed and special situation investments in all asset types. It also controls Miami Beach-based LNR Property, a large real estate development and investment firm through subsidiary Riley Property. Cerberus also controls Kyo-ya, a Japan based group of entities that owns several Starwood managed assets in California, Hawaii and Florida. In 2010, LNR Property was charged with fraud in a lawsuit regarding the sale and purchase of property known as Newhall Ranch. The Newhall Land and Farming Company was acquired by Lennar Corporation and LNR Property, through a holding company, LandSource Communities Development LLC. Interests in LandSource were sold to CalPERS and others, and the developer later declared bankruptcy. Landsource Creditor Litigation Liquidating Trust has now brought suit in bankruptcy court claiming that the transactions were fraudulent.[23][24]

<span style="font-weight: bold">Retail</span> - Cerberus purchased 655 of the 2,500 Albertson's, Inc., grocery stores, forming Albertsons LLC of Boise, Idaho, in June 2006. They also had an ownership stake in the now-bankrupt Mervyn's department stores, which was acquired from Target Corp. In June 2007, Cerberus acquired Torex Retail Plc., a retail solutions provider in troubled waters, for approximately 400 million US dollars.[25]

<span style="font-weight: bold">Transportation</span> - Acquired bankrupt ANC Rental, then owner of the National and Alamo car rental chains, for $230 million in October 2003 and purchased DaimlerChrysler's 45% share of debis AerFinance, an aircraft leasing business, in May 2005. Complete acquisition of debis AirFinance (later renamed AerCap) was concluded in July 2005. Also acquired North American Bus Industries, Optima Bus Corporation, and Blue Bird Corp. in the bus manufacturing sector.

<span style="font-weight: bold"> Automotive</span> - Peguform, GDX Automotive, and Chrysler.

<span style="font-weight: bold"> Staffing Services</span> Radia International

<span style="font-weight: bold">Financial Services </span>- General Motors sold a 51% stake in its GMAC finance unit to an investor group led by Cerberus Capital Management in November 2006. GM expected to receive $14 billion over the next three years from the sale of General Motors Acceptance Corp. In December 2006, Cerberus acquired the Austrian bank BAWAG P.S.K. for a reported EUR3.2 billion. In August 2007, Cerberus announced that it was closing one of their mortgage companies, Aegis Mortgage. It owns half of a 9.9 % share (5%) with the Gabriel Group in Bank Leumi, purchased in 2005,[26] but as of April 19, 2009, it was decided to sell in order to boost capital.[27]

<span style="font-weight: bold">Firearms</span> - <span style="color: #CC0000">Acquired Bushmaster Firearms, Inc., from Windham, Maine native Dick Dyke for an undisclosed sum in April 2006, and purchased Remington Arms in April 2007. Under Cerberus direction, Bushmaster Firearms acquired Cobb Manufacturing, a well-respected manufacturer of large-caliber tactical rifles in August 2007. Cerberus also acquired DPMS Panther Arms December 14, 2007.[28][29] Remington Arms acquired Marlin Firearms in January 2008.[30][31] In October 2009, Remington Military products acquired silencer manufacturer Advanced Armament Corporation.[32] These companies were combined into the Freedom Group.</span>

Remington Arms
Bushmaster Firearms International
DPMS Panther Arms
Marlin
H & R Firearms
NEF
Dakota Arms
LC Smith
Parker
AAC – Advanced Armament Corporation
Barnes Bullets
EOTAC
INTC

<span style="font-weight: bold">Entertainment</span> - Acquired a group of seven television stations, Four Points Media Group, from CBS Corporation in 2007.[33][34]

Etc. etc. etc.

Now what chance did Firearms actually have in this mix? Close to Zero. All the wild ass Las Vegas parties, etc? In the end? Zero...

SAC is tiny by comparison and only buys armament related interests. It is a whole different model altogether....but one has to take the time to figure this all out. SAC is a dream for these very same companies as the intent is to grow the business in markets where quality and design demands a premium. More importantly the folks that run the seperate company concerns are pretty tough on themselves to make the best that can be made, when they can make more $$$, enter new markets, access capital cheaply, they are all in. Preston stays right there, doing what only he can do for those that want him to do MORE of it.

Huge difference in the model and a cause for concern when your firearm company competes for the attention of, say Georgia Pacific?!

Bushmaster? Remington? Hmmmm.....

May not be on the same scale as the bushmaster ordeal but similar things can and most likely will happen. Instead of pushing out what shooters want they will push out what maximises their profits. Someone riding a desk and doesnt look at anything but numbers will be running the ship sooner or later.

Yes the majority stock was sold / traded. What has happened is I sold some stock for a nest egg for retirement someday. I also had the option to keep the rest of my stock in Surgeon or to trade if for SAC stock, the parent company. SAC has controlling interest in AWC Suppressors, TTI Armory, which is an ammo mfg company in UTAH. Also mfg rights to a AR platform rifle. I don’t know if that is public yet so I better not say the name. And now SURGEON, what is going to happen is we are now going to streamline and expand and concentrate on having actions and rifles on the shelf. I am more excited about our future than ever. Change is going to happen regardless of whom the majority owner is. We have no intention on dropping the quality one bit. In fact the quality is now better than it was in the past. About 3-4 months ago we hired Jamie Broyles to be the production manager. I am one of them guys that when I work on something the bench keeps getting higher and higher with tools until I cant find one and then it is time to clean off the bench. Jamie was managing very successful multi million-dollar corp. that made measuring equipment for the oil and gas industry. He has been a good friend for years. We were on our way to see a friend that has cancer and I learned he was unhappy with his job. By the time we were home we had agreed he was the new manager at the shop. This was change and a very good move for Surgeon. He set up processes and new procedures that is reducing our scrap. Scrap is the biggest loss we have. You guys that are on the list for 1086s were promised a delivery of XX date. What happened is we had a bad setup on one of the first operations. We didn’t realize it until one of the last operations. So instead of sending out 80 actions that were out of spec, we cut them up. This attitude to giving the customer what he is paying for is not going to change. Before the deal was done I asked my new partner “Mark” what he wanted out of this transaction. His goal is to make money, his background is accounting. That is understandable you don’t sink millions into a company to look cool. You do it to increase your bottom line. He in turn asked what I wanted out of this transaction. I told him I want to see Surgeon go from here (my hand at waist level) to here (my hand above my head). We talked and he said he didn’t want to cheapen the product up a bit. He said I only have interest in high-end companies. We are not going to make a Timex out of a Rolex. We will set new goals and figure out what it is going to take to get there. If we tell him we need 1 mil for new equipment to meet that goal. I am sure after we get the equipment he will expect that goal to be met. I would. We have never been caught up and had product on the shelf for any length of time. That will be a goal and is now why you don’t see RSRs on the shelf. If we had product on the shelf we would have time to work on LH actions. We have not had time to monitor the Internet for government contracts. We did not win the MK 13 contract for new actions because we didn’t realize what was going on. Now we can hire a guy to monitor that for us. And if we do get a big contract we will not be on the mercy of the banker to loan us money to try to fill the contract. Personally I am very excited about our future. We owe our past to our customers and our future to our customers. I do not pay the bills here. Our customers do and with out you we would be a little machine shop out here in the country working for the local factories. I want to thank you for your loyalty and help in the past and for the future. It has been and is going to be a fun Ride. It’s my dad’s fault that I haven’t been monitoring the Internet closer. We were talking about 5-6 years ago about TVs (he is now 76). He made the comment that he has never turned one on but he has turned them off many times. So according to lawyers and psychiatrists it’s my dad’s fault.

Thanks Preston, that'll shut'em up!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: preston pritchett</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If we had product on the shelf we would have time to work on LH actions. </div></div>

Like I said, crossing my fingers. Good luck with your new fond capitol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: preston pritchett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if we had product on the shelf we would have time to work on LH actions. </div></div> as a dedicated lefty shooter I applaud this new possibility. I have bought numerous left handed actions over the years and have always wanted a Left Handed Surgeon only to be told no...well, may be it will come to fruition.

Thanks for taking the time to update the thread Preston! Best of luck moving forward and I am confident that Surgeon will continue to exceed all my expectations. I am excited about the innovation and expansion that will occur because of this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your welcome, if there is a better receiver, I have yet to see it.

LONGWAITs.jpg

brd.jpg
</div></div>

Rollingthunder51,

Beautiful rifle. The serial number puzzles me, though. The "C" prefix actions were a numerical continuation of the "B" prefix in about the mid 1400's as far as I could remember.

I am looking forward to Surgeon's soon to increase capabilities. Too many great ideas have been born in that shop yet have never come to fruition due to the lack of time and capitol.

Wade

Im glad im not the only one that noticed the "C"

I love my surgeon rifle, Hoping for another in .260

Add Nesika actions to the list of Cerberus group, bought with Dakota. Took them
no time at all to ruin one of the premier benchrest actions in the world.

Remington Arms
Bushmaster Firearms International
DPMS Panther Arms
Marlin
H & R Firearms
NEF
Dakota Arms
LC Smith
Parker
AAC – Advanced Armament Corporation
Barnes Bullets
EOTAC
INTC

Their you go, from the Horse's mouth. I too hope one day to make Surgeon my rifle builder.

Thank you. Work by kampfeld

C series serial number masked in PS

Well I'm not sure if this a great thing for the company either but it did make my decision easier. I was debating on whether to wait on a dark woods camo marble stock or buy the woodland camo they had already built on the website. So I bought it. I should receive my Surgeon Scalpel .308 hopefully this week! It looks like I wasn't the only one because when I called several had been sold. Hope to put pictures up soon for any suggestions on accessories.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wade</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your welcome, if there is a better receiver, I have yet to see it.

LONGWAITs.jpg

brd.jpg
</div></div>

Rollingthunder51,

Beautiful rifle. The serial number puzzles me, though. The "C" prefix actions were a numerical continuation of the "B" prefix in about the mid 1400's as far as I could remember.

I am looking forward to Surgeon's soon to increase capabilities. Too many great ideas have been born in that shop yet have never come to fruition due to the lack of time and capitol.

Wade </div></div>

Curious. Were there any issues being reported by customers with "C" serial number actions?

Papagallos,
No issues. The C prefix marked the beginning of the second anti-bind rail. With these double rail actions once the paint gets slicked up a little with use they feel like they are on bearings.

Wade

Preston,

Will I have any problems getting a picatinny rail for my RSR in a month or so? When Gradous told me y'all only had a few RSR actions left on the shelf, I jumped on it but I'm still getting funds together for the rest of the build.