• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Biggest Buck Ever?

Silver_Bullet_00

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2010
North Carolina
Tell me what you think about this picture which was posted on a facebook hunting page.

409058_10150438243521003_379272436002_9174638_52265201_n.jpg

Re: Biggest Buck Ever?

Saw that picture four or five years ago.....

I think its photoshopped as well. One of the tines casts a shadow on the tree. From that lighting angle the evergreen branch would cast a shadow on the bucks body and it doesn't. I say fake.

I've seen that pic before and the story was that it was a farm raised deer on a hunting ranch.

A lot of folks will pay big money to kill a large deer. To kill a large animal is not why I hunt but for some I think it is the only thing they care about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pizzamanny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A lot of folks will pay big money to kill a large deer. To kill a large animal is not why I hunt but for some I think it is the only thing they care about. </div></div>

Agreed. I would pay big money to hunt and be by myself more than a big buck.

no way on the Photoshop! its big for sure , there is a local deer farm not far from my place , and most of the bucks there look like this! the owner told me its all about the feed!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silver_Bullet_00</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell me what you think about this picture which was posted on a facebook hunting page.

</div></div>

Photoshop 101:
Anters cast shadow on tree from left to right. The pine branch over the back of the deer casts no shadow. Neither does the sticks or tall vegitation at the deer's belly onto the deer itself. The deer's head would have casted a solid shadow on the hunter's leg, not a small blotch to the right of the eye. If you look at the shadows of the antlers on the tree, it casts only the G2 and G4 and would indicate that the pic was taken to the farther left of the frame, not directly infront as the pic leads you to believe. When I put this pic into my photo imaging software, the pixelation around the hunter, deer and those pixels everywhere else are diffent. So either someone just dropped that hunter there or the deer fell outta the sky. I don't care what someone has on their website, anything can be photoshopped to make a quick buck or draw in possible customers. It's photoshopped as hell.....

go to the web site and look at the bucks in the pics and then ask yourself way would you ps one pic with all the other deer pics ! oohhh they all must be Photoshopped !!!!!

No hole in the deer? No Blood anywhere except maybe the horns?? The guys hands are clean, The deer appears to have been bedded look at how its front fet are? Interesting.
I dunno what to make of it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a-hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it is a photoshop job, then those people spent alot of time making fake albums on their site. The have tons of pictures of monster bucks.

http://www.wildernesswhitetails.com/hunting/Hunting/Trophy_Gallery/Trophy_Gallery.html </div></div>

Well you're right about that. There is no F***n way those many world record bucks were shot every year in Wisconsin. Not saying that there are not lots of nice bucks in Wisc. That website is a fraud.

As for the large bodied whitetail. There are bucks in Alberta, Sask., Manitoba, Montana, N. Dakota, that have bodies that big.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope... the tongue is hanging out... Must be real
smile.gif
</div></div>

I about fell off my chair...lmfao!

Ever see professional bodybuilders, they don't get that big without some help. Same with those deer, somebody's growing those horns. Deer like that regardless of what state don't grow like that. I'm all about putting in a food plot on your property and throwing out some salt licks or a feeder. My dad has done that for lots of years and has only managed a nice 12 point about 130 inches. To each his own, but hunting pen raised deer, let out to be slaughtered is not hunting to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a-hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it is a photoshop job, then those people spent alot of time making fake albums on their site. The have tons of pictures of monster bucks.

http://www.wildernesswhitetails.com/hunting/Hunting/Trophy_Gallery/Trophy_Gallery.html </div></div>

Well you're right about that. There is no F***n way those many world record bucks were shot every year in Wisconsin. Not saying that there are not lots of nice bucks in Wisc. That website is a fraud.

As for the large bodied whitetail. There are bucks in Alberta, Sask., Manitoba, Montana, N. Dakota, that have bodies that big. </div></div>

Has anyone tried contacting them? They say they have a free dvd. I wonder if it would have the live video of any of those bucks?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a-hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it is a photoshop job, then those people spent alot of time making fake albums on their site. The have tons of pictures of monster bucks.

http://www.wildernesswhitetails.com/hunting/Hunting/Trophy_Gallery/Trophy_Gallery.html </div></div>Good God, however they did it (if not photoshop) those are some f'ing huge deer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gun_Crazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ridiculous what some people will pay to shoot a farm raised "trophy"...
Look at this farm in a thread I found on google. The first deer is being called the "MILLION DOLLAR DEER"...
http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?127449-Million-Dollar-Deer </div></div>

Thats crazy. How could a person say they are a hunter?

Whatever the case may be on this pick, I wouldn't hesitate to take a shot. Farm deer are amazing, but not sporting. I know a couple deer farmers and they are only in it for the $ and there is a lot if you get the right buyers. A lot of these deer get put in strange lands for the buyer to shoot, its like putting a cat outside for the first time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 40gr Yote Pill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silver_Bullet_00</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell me what you think about this picture which was posted on a facebook hunting page.

</div></div>

Photoshop 101:
Anters cast shadow on tree from left to right. The pine branch over the back of the deer casts no shadow. Neither does the sticks or tall vegitation at the deer's belly onto the deer itself. The deer's head would have casted a solid shadow on the hunter's leg, not a small blotch to the right of the eye. If you look at the shadows of the antlers on the tree, it casts only the G2 and G4 and would indicate that the pic was taken to the farther left of the frame, not directly infront as the pic leads you to believe. </div></div>
A few flaws in your "Photoshop 101" theory.
Antlers cast shadows from left to right because the flash is going outward in all directions from a position about 4' off the ground and almost inline with the back leg.
The light going the direction of the tree will cast a shadow MUCH faurther to the right, than anything directly in front of the flash.

The reason the shadows of the G2 and G4 of the right beam are more visible is because that side of the head is farther from the tree, giving the shadow more offset. The left side antler has a shadow as well, but it's not offset as much because it's closer to the tree.

The head is almost resting on the mans shoe, and so the shadow would be almost nonexistent.
Same with the pine branches on his butt. I can CLEARLY see the shadows behind the tree branches, but the only one that's obvious, is the one at the top, which would suggest that the majority of those branches are almost resting on his body.

Same with the small pieces of grass in front, I can see those shadows as well, but from the direction the light is going...they would be below and directly behind the actual blade of grass itself, with a VERY minor offset.

I've been faking pictures like this for more than 12 years, some better than others and some that have won awards.
I'm not saying 100% that this is legit, but I see no reason for a company with that many big dear to fake this picture.
I'd give it a 99% chance of being the real deal. I have no doubt that it's been touched up but complete alteration is unlikely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 40gr Yote Pill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I put this pic into my photo imaging software, the pixelation around the hunter, deer and those pixels everywhere else are diffent. </div></div>
WHERE?
Here is the junction of the hunter's side and the deer's back.
1-1.jpg

Here is the area where the antlers intersect the hunters arm, the tree and the grass in the far background.
2.jpg

All pixels appear to be equally blurry at 5x magnification and no part is over pixelated compared to the rest of the image.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 40gr Yote Pill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't care what someone has on their website, anything can be photoshopped to make a quick buck or draw in possible customers</div></div>
You're right about that, but a good photographer can make an animal "look" much bigger without any photoshopping too. It's all about the angles.

He probably picked this out of a book at the lodge 30 minutes before. I dont doubt there are deer that big in an 8ft fenced in hunting area.

Gold Hunt: $12,000 + Trophy Fee Mature Bucks from 200” and up Trophy Fee is $2,000 for every 10” above 200"

By my math the choices is a penned up deer or a new pickup. Its a tough choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TattooBlade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">People come to Texas and pay 20k to shoot deer all day long on many big ranches. Crazy, just crazy. </div></div>

No joke, leases here in TX are getting pricey. My leases only lets me get 1buck/1doe on my year round lease but on the up side its practicaly 1min outside the city of san antonio.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: biteemnbeatem</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TattooBlade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">People come to Texas and pay 20k to shoot deer all day long on many big ranches. Crazy, just crazy. </div></div>

No joke, leases here in TX are getting pricey. My leases only lets me get 1buck/1doe on my year round lease but on the up side its practicaly 1min outside the city of san antonio. </div></div>

That is truly sad, I pitty Texas hunters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: biteemnbeatem</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TattooBlade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">People come to Texas and pay 20k to shoot deer all day long on many big ranches. Crazy, just crazy. </div></div>

No joke, leases here in TX are getting pricey. My leases only lets me get 1buck/1doe on my year round lease but on the up side its practicaly 1min outside the city of san antonio. </div></div>

That is truly sad, I pitty Texas hunters. </div></div>

coldboremiracle don't have pitty, just feel free to invite us Texans to a Utah hunt...LOL

Just my thoughts...
Look at the body, then look at the head and rack. See how huge they are? Now look at the neck. See how thin it is? Notice how swelled the body and head look now? That should tell you something. If you concentrate on the neck area it looks like the head and body were glued on, the size is directly unproportional. The concave curve at the joint where the neck meets the shoulder is NOT normal either. I vote fake. I don't care about shadows, if you zoom in to the neck area you can see where the body was taken out, swelled up, and then tacked back on, but the bottom of the neck didn't line up perfect. Shopped.

Of course, the real question is, why would you want to take away the fun of a real hunt? Why go out when there is a 99.99 % chance that you will be successful? One of the many lessons from my uncle: hunting is one of those things that isn't supposed to have a high success rate; "that's why it's called hunting and not shooing".