• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bighorn SR2 question

Conrad

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 28, 2006
    TX
    I have a long action SR2 action, and I can't seem to remember if this action is 20 or 16 tpi? Or were they doing 16, and giving people the option to choose 20 tpi for savage prefits on the Gen2's? I know now they have standardized on the 20 tpi on the Gen3's. Thanks.

Most likely it has 16tpi, especially if it is marked CO (not NE). They all started 16tpi, the 20tpi was an option later.

It an earlier action out of Brighton, CO. I appreciate the help.

It's currently configured for a BDL style hunting rifle. If I wanted to drop it in an MPA chassis and mag feed it, do I need to have it modified for AICs mags? Rifle is 300 WinMag. Thanks.

I wish I could help with that one, but I would just be speculating. I would reach out to the boys at Zermat.

Hit me up with the SN if it's a Bennet, Ne I can get you the thread specs. If not I can probably get it but it will take some digging.
    You can run it in a MPA chassis with AI mags without any mods.

Thanks. It's a Brighton action, SN 0517.