• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BIGHORN TL3

gunit

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2012
considering a tl3 for a 300wsm build, any goods, bad or ugly on them

Origin saves you a few hundred if you're ok with a swept bolt handle and don't need the fixed recoil lug.

I like the newer coating on the bolts vs the NP3. It’s a very smooth action. The have a little more bolt clearance than other actions which provides a different feel and you don’t get away with running it sloppy. Just part of the design and it is what it is. It’s up there with the other top dogs. Prefits are abundant and well priced.

I’ve been running mine for a few years and I really like it a lot. I haven’t tried another action that has a lighter bolt throw or runs any smoother. The above post is true, you have to run it well or it will bind. This is my only complaint, but I just see it as a weakness in my training. They have been around a long time so pre-fits are easy to come by.

Last edited:
The only issue I have is the fact I don't have enough actions for all my barrels, but really I could get by with 1 action given time to sight in a barrel and go shooting.

Attachments

• 20210302_231146.jpg
    20210302_231146.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
Yup, super smooth action. All parts dropped in perfectly. Other guns may come and go but this one is staying in the quiver.

Mines been awesome, it’s been my work horse with multiple barrel and seasons as a match rig.

I have the action with the NP3 bolt. I really like it and continually recommend it to others.

Mine feeds flawlessly from aiaw mags with no mods to either the mags or action. I really like the mechanical ejection. Only thing I don't like is the bolt bind, everyone tells me that's a user error, and it probably is, but I still don't like it.

118437F0-B621-4858-A841-3F384222F7CD.jpeg

This stuff is the ticket to assist the bolt’s travel but cannot replace poor technique. I’m sure other greases will work too but this is my particular favorite.