• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

binary trigger

Didodadday

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2022
South Carolina
I fired a gun with a binary trigger and it's a lot of fun. However, I had one problem. The barrel rises due to the mostly continuous fire. How do you control the gun so it doesn't rise?

Lean into it.
"Near continuous" fire or full auto is not mean for point target but area target. Yes there's alot of smg's and similar guns that have a ROF that is controllable with practice. But there really isn't much for an ar to make auto much more controllable. You could put a brake on it and that would help. But the best advice is to lean into it and practice.

Lean into it.
"Near continuous" fire or full auto is not mean for point target but area target. Yes there's alot of smg's and similar guns that have a ROF that is controllable with practice. But there really isn't much for an ar to make auto much more controllable. You could put a brake on it and that would help. But the best advice is to lean into it and practice.
Practicing will be expensive. I could go through a 33 rd mag in less than 10 sec. :) But it only money.

Another possibly inexpensive option might be to install a bipod & shoot from prone position.

spend $150-300, find a decent carbine course in your area, take said course.
this is the correct answer, but also worth noting that in real use situations FA is primarily used in short bursts to remain on target. The only time you ever conceivably use a full dump would be a very target rich close-quarters firefight, or to keep heads down (and bursts are still better for that)

My suggestion would be to practice getting both rounds of the binary "burst" on target close together, which gives you the actual functionally important result and fundamentals.

Another possibly inexpensive option might be to install a bipod & shoot from prone positio

this is the correct answer, but also worth noting that in real use situations FA is primarily used in short bursts to remain on target. The only time you ever conceivably use a full dump would be a very target rich close-quarters firefight, or to keep heads down (and bursts are still better for that)

My suggestion would be to practice getting both rounds of the binary "burst" on target close together, which gives you the actual functionally important result and fundamentals.
thanks. Good advice