• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Binocular chest packs

Re: Binocular chest packs

Thanks....what size glass do you use in it? Any problems wearing it and a pack?

i have the older model its an olive drab green, and my 8X50 SLC's fit in it perfect... no probs with packs i wear my eberlestock over the bino pack all the time no issue's.

I Love the Alaskan Guide Pack. My Swaro 10X50's fit perfectly. The pockets and clips come in handy, as well. I keep lense cleaner, compass, tags, clip on watch, mini light, etc.. in the pack. Good product. I highly recommend it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patriotoutlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The pockets and clips come in handy, as well. I keep lense cleaner, compass, tags, clip on watch, mini light, etc.. in the pack. Good product. I highly recommend it. </div></div>
yep forgot to mention this, i keep extra hand calls and windicator powder in mine as well.

I like Eberlestock stuff and use one of their packs. My problem with the multi pouch is it is for use with a pack only and if you wear it in the chest position it has to be disconnected from one side to take the pack off. Many times out scouting or whatever I don't wear a pack....if they made a quick connect harness so it could be used either way it would be perfect for me.

I use the Badlands Bino Case and love it. it's plenty big enough to hold 10x50's and other small accessories such as elk calls or hunting licenses. It closes with a magnetic strip and is completely sealed from water or dust. And it's the most comfortable bino harness I've ever warn, and I've tried quite a few. I do like Eberlestock for just about everything else but I really like how quickly accessible and how quiet this case is for pulling binos out. Just my .02, good luck in your choice, let us know what you decide.
Scott

Scott have you used a compass with the Badlands?......wondered if the magnets screwed one up.

ggmanning, I have a small compass that I've used and as far as I know it hasn't affected it. The magnetic rods are very thin (probably 1/8" diameter) and I think you'd have to hold the compass directly against it to have any chance of there being a problem. I deal with magnetics in my line of work (the earth's magnetic dip) and how certain things affect my tools and certain things don't, and I could never see the tiny magnetic rods in this bino case causing an issue. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Scott

Been meaning to get myself the Alaskan Guide Bino pack for a while now.

As stated the Eberlestock looks sweet, but requires too much other stuff to be of use. Sometimes I dont take a pack with me, which makes the Eberlestock kinda useless.

Has anyone tried one of these? They are pricey, but it might be perfect if you want to carry binoculars and call/etc. It might be annoying if you change layers very often, but it looks pretty nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott300RUM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use the Badlands Bino Case and love it. it's plenty big enough to hold 10x50's and other small accessories such as elk calls or hunting licenses. It closes with a magnetic strip and is completely sealed from water or dust. And it's the most comfortable bino harness I've ever warn, and I've tried quite a few. I do like Eberlestock for just about everything else but I really like how quickly accessible and how quiet this case is for pulling binos out. Just my .02, good luck in your choice, let us know what you decide.
Scott</div></div>

+1, I have one and love it

i've posted lots of pics up with this chest rig on... love the AGC bino pack, quick access to the nocs, comfortable, great price, and Jaret is great to deal with, i've used mine all year every day in the field and wouldn't be without it, i've belly crawled a couple hundred yards gettin in position and it stays put, i wouldn't trust a magnetized pouch to do this... i just crawled through a snow drift to get into position to take this nice male @ 380yds about 2 hours ago, keeps em clean, dry and plenty of room for extra ammo, calls, windicator powder, etc...
binopack.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i've posted lots of pics up with this chest rig on... love the AGC bino pack, quick access to the nocs, comfortable, great price, and Jaret is great to deal with, i've used mine all year every day in the field and wouldn't be without it, i've belly crawled a couple hundred yards gettin in position and it stays put, i wouldn't trust a magnetized pouch to do this... i just crawled through a snow drift to get into position to take this nice male @ 380yds about 2 hours ago, keeps em clean, dry and plenty of room for extra ammo, calls, windicator powder, etc...
binopack.jpg
</div></div>

My experience almost to the tee..

Just got in contact with Jaret regarding his Alaskan Guide Bino pack.

I would have to say he is one of the nicest guys i have ever dealt with.

I have a bino pack on its way and look forward to receiving it. Will post up some pics when it arrives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got in contact with Jaret regarding his Alaskan Guide Bino pack.
I would have to say he is one of the nicest guys i have ever dealt with.
</div></div>
Exactly my experience, not to mention Jaret is the the pioneer of the bino chest pack... long befor the others... you won't be disappointed with this rig, i'm trying to get him to make some in multicam!!! not sure if the demand would be there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ryanjay11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone tried one of these? They are pricey, but it might be perfect if you want to carry binoculars and call/etc. It might be annoying if you change layers very often, but it looks pretty nice. </div></div>

After much back and forth I ended up going with this pack. In the end the ability to use it as a binocular case and multipurpose bag won me over. It makes a good pistol carry rig also and I will probably use it as much for this knocking around the woods as a binoclar pack. It has the benefits of the Eberlestock attachment to a pack or to be worn stand alone like other binocular packs. Had I chosen one of the binocular packs it would have been the Alaskan Guide. Badlands is nice but I wanted some external pockets and I would never use the hydration pouch. Thanks for all the input. Everything suggested is good kit...depends on what fits your use.

i use a dead down wind harness in warmer weather, but i like the Alaskan guide packs too, i had to modify mine a little to my liking, but they work very well