• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Bipod Advice for an Accuracy International Build.

pcweidman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
www.facebook.com
Hey guys I have been getting such good advice as a new member to SH that I thought I would throw it out to the professionals and the armchair quarterbacks out their!

I am building an AI chambered in 300wm and am very pumped about it! My action came just today and it is beautiful! Stiller has made me a beautiful Tac300! It will also have a 26inch 10-1 Hart Helicle fluted barrel.

Anyway I have had proven success and like the Harris platform but because I have tried to go "Ferrari" on this build I would like some advice on a new pod purchase. Now I much say that I really dont like the idea of buying a 400 bi-pod which is common but I dont' want to do a disservice to my top end gun. However I do want a 'higher end' pod that will last and impress. Please advise.

Also if you know anything about rail mounting for accessories and such for an AICS that is much appreciated.

IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING PRE OWNED YOU WANT TO SELL LET ME KNOW!!!

Thanks
Chris

Re: Bipod Advice for an Accuracy International Build.

Atlas with spigot mount or the AI/Parker Hale are my favorites. Give Milehighshooting a shout as they seem to usually have them in stock.

Again why 450 buck for a bi pod! Its CNC steel not diamonds! This annoys me. I will look at the Atlas and the PH.

+1 on the Atlas...you're not missing out on much with one.

Reactions: Saracen

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pcweidman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again why 450 buck for a bi pod! Its CNC steel not diamonds! This annoys me. I will look at the Atlas and the PH. </div></div>

You don't want to do a disservice to your 'high end' build and you want a bipod that will last, you just don't want to pay for it? That about sum it up?

If you're on a budget, buy a notched/swivel harris and pod lock for like 130 bucks. If you want a really nice bipod, buy an atlas. They're worth every penny.

Excuse my ignorance but how is it an Accuracy International build if its a stiller action? Do you just mean your dropping it into an AICs ? As far as bipod iv used both Atlas and parker hale on both AI AW rifles and Remmy 700s in AICS. I prefer the Atlas but its personal preference. do a search here on the hide there is lots of threads on the Atlas and its pros and cons and comparing it to other bipods.As far as mounting accessories check out mile high shooting http://milehighshooting.com/MHSA/Mile_High_Shooting_Accessories.html. they are here on the hide also.

I would personally go with an Atlas bipod combined with a Big Dog AI Spigot rail. Works great

jake

Yes its and AICS sorry for not being more specific. Thanks for the direction of the Atlas and Mile High. Thats great I appreciate it!

Lawn that basically sums it up. I dont like paying for real estate fees because I dont think agents are work 6-8%, everything organic except for milk is proven to be bullshit, and a bipod for 450 bucks is a highway robbery even though i see its better than a harris as far as looks go. So yes I dont want to pay for it. I like the Atlas price and function. Thanks for the direction.

I've got the Parker Hale on my AI chassis and really don't care for it too much. The metal feet don't grab on hard surfaces so loading the bipod really doesn't work well. My buddy has the Atlas and it seems to function better.

edit.
Cancel that. I'd posted earlier about looking for rubber foot pads and it seems they are in fact available. So I'll get a set and be happy with my bipod....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stoutthedog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got the Parker Hale on my AI chassis and really don't care for it too much. The metal feet don't grab on hard surfaces so loading the bipod really doesn't work well. My buddy has the Atlas and it seems to function better.

edit.
Cancel that. I'd posted earlier about looking for rubber foot pads and it seems they are in fact available. So I'll get a set and be happy with my bipod....

</div></div>

The rubber feet covers make a world of difference. If they weren't available, I'd agree with your original statement completely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pcweidman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again why 450 buck for a bi pod! Its CNC steel not diamonds! This annoys me. I will look at the Atlas and the PH. </div></div>

hmm I guess there are a lot of items you could consider overpriced. The question is if it solves a problem for you that other available options (cheaper) do not, or if it makes life easier for you. What your looking for essentially is value. Because this is subjective. Value is about cost verses benefit. If you compete and can win competitions all day using the factory stock on your rifle, you likely won't see value from an Ashbury chassis, and would likely fee its overpriced. If someone is able to win competitions using an Ashbury where they couldn't before then for them it may be worth the cost as they realize value from using it.

The folks at Long Range Accuracy make the bipods themselves, the parts are hand fitted, and they came up with the design. If they want to charge $450 for that, thank god we live in a capitalistic society.

It really seems like you think (having not used one I am assuming) you will get no value from such a costly bi-pod, which is fine by me, I just figured you wanted to hear some options.