• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Bipod for Accuracy International for F-TR

thorstenson1030

Private
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2014
Kill Devil Hills, NC
I have a new AI that comes with a stud accessory that came with the rifle. Was looking at Sinclair 2nd generation bipob but read a post it didn't work on the AICS chassis but will mine work.
Any other bipods you suggest?

DSCN1059_resize_zpsfaea978c.jpg

Maybe this is to your liking. Will slide into the T slot rail in the forend if present. Other mounting options are possible.

MPOD and can be sourced from EGW.

Thanks

Jerry

I have a new AI that comes with a stud accessory that came with the rifle. Was looking at Sinclair 2nd generation bipob but read a post it didn't work on the AICS chassis but will mine work.
Any other bipods you suggest?

not sure why it wouldnt work on a AI, the AI has the sling stud up front...

Cannot use monopod in F class.

I shoot my AICS off a Harris. Works great for me.

There is no doubt that the Harris has been used to good effect in F TR... I know of 2 shooters using a Harris to place very high in the World Championships individual shooting.

But in general, as in 95+%, don't.

If you can keep all your shots on a calm day inside a 1/2 min target at 600yds and 1000yds, whatever your set up... it's working.

Harris is certainly not the easiest bipod to shoot itty bitty groups at LR with. If you can do it, awesome. There are a variety of skipod options because they are simply far easier to use.

Just keep an eye on the overall rifle weight. Bipod weights range from 13oz (MPOD) to several lbs.

Jerry

I have a 2nd gen Sinclair and wanting to use it with AICS 1.5 as well. Also, new to Fclass F T/R. The sling swivel eye is not big enough for the Sinclair. However, I've seen a guy with it attached via an AccuSport spigot (used for atlas). The only issue I see there is you may need 2 adapters. The rail piece to attach to the spigot, then the rail adapter attached to rail piece which has an swivel eye that works with Sinclair. I was going to start a thread on this myself. Seems like there has to be better way. Any suggestions?

Ok here's what I ended up with. I got a pic rail and purchased a Phoenix bipod. I got 34mm 1"Nightforce rings.
Also picked up a Wheeler F.A.T. wrench to install the scope.
I have waited patiently to get to the range and will post my progress.
I want to thank everyone from all my posts for all there help.

I use a Sinclair on my AIAE MK3 .308 24" plain bbl. Use the Atlas bipod spigot mount, Atlas bipod "AFAR" kit, and pic rail to sling lug adapter. It is kind of Rube Goldberg, but it works. I think that having a "longer wheelbase" is advantageous over a shorter one.

Attachments

• aiae bipod mount.jpg
    aiae bipod mount.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Myanmar Shave - Do you shoot at Bayou Rifles? If so, and if you were either shooting in the last 1000 yard or 300 yard match, then you're probably the guy I saw with that set up.