• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipod for AI AWSM

TheBrewMaster

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2011
SLC, Utah
I just ordered an AI AWSM and I'm wondering if there is a place in Oklahoma or the DFW area of Texas where I can see what bipod I like best without buying 2 or 3 of them before I found the one I like?

If everyone could tell me their favorite bipod to help narrow down the choices I have that would be great.

Also... If anyone knows of a place in Oklahoma that has a range out to 1,000 yards I would appreciate it.

I went to Tac Pro last Saturday and it was a beautiful range but it was 4 hours away and every hour I'm in the car is an hour I'm not throwing lead down range.

Thanks

Re: Bipod for AI AWSM

I went with atlas this go round with the AIAWSM. I had a AI with a tension lock and liked that pretty well also.
2nvh3pc.jpg

I have an Atlas on all my rifles including an AW and an AWSM. I am very happy with them, but I do know people who prefer the AI bipod, to each his own.

What part of Oklahoma I live just east of tulsa and had 2 atlas bipods for the AICS if you want to try them out PM me

Dustin

I have both an AI with a tension lock( the tension locks have been difficult to get in the past)with rubber over shoes. After adding the shoes and tension knob if works great. Most of the time I use the Atlas for all shooting. I would suggest go with the Atlas, great product, Kasy is allways upgrading, no one could ever equal his customer service and can be adapted to work on a wide range of rifles.

Another Atlas fan! The Harris bipod is also a good (cheaper) option and works fine. I've become a big fan of the Atlas on my AW and AWSM.
Jay

The original AI bipods work okay on rough ground but really don't work well on a firm surface like concrete

A harris bipod with the podloc works very well, you may just have to figure out how to keep the rubber feet from spinning on concrete if you lean into the rifle.

The Atlas V8 with the AI Spigot mount was the best of the 3 in my opinion, I'd sugget buying that one, using it and then if for some reason you want something else, it can easily be resold.

Having owned and used a Harris, AI (Parker Hale) and Atlas, my favorite is Atlas for my AW and AX.