• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipod for stock with MLOK bottom rail

Cole440

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2021
Southern California
Hey everyone, relatively new around here, although I have been lurking for ages...

I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, I have read most of the threads on bipods and I have come to like the Harris offerings. My issue is that the grayboe stock I will be using only offers mlok attachment points on the bottom. So, what are everyone's opinions on attachment options? I see the adapters for a swivel stud, but they make me wonder.

I really like the magpul bipod that comes with the mlok attachment, but this is going to be a relatively heavy rifle, coming in between 11 and 13 lbs and I really don't think I trust the plastic.

Also, I have never used anything bipod like except a pole cat, so I have no perspective from that point of view, rifle will be for non-competitive target shooting and an occasional hunt.

Thanks,
Cole

The average M-LOK adapter will sustain 300+ pounds of direct-pull force, which far exceeds the Harris bipod. Magpul bipod is also plenty, plenty strong for a 13-lb rifle and is actually stronger than a Harris, the polymer is stronger than Harris sheet metal used about 2x in most directions. You’ll be fine with either, Harris has been around forever and is a great product for your uses if you already have one.

You can use the MLOK attachment points on the stock for a piece of pic rail. With the pic rail you can attach a bipod via any pic compatible screw mount or an LW-17. I occasionally use a Harris with an ADM QD pic adaptor and it works well. However, by the time you add the ADM adaptor you’re approaching the cost of an Atlas two screw mount BT10 or for $20 more a two screw BT-65.

Hey everyone, relatively new around here, although I have been lurking for ages...

I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, I have read most of the threads on bipods and I have come to like the Harris offerings. My issue is that the grayboe stock I will be using only offers mlok attachment points on the bottom. So, what are everyone's opinions on attachment options? I see the adapters for a swivel stud, but they make me wonder.

I really like the magpul bipod that comes with the mlok attachment, but this is going to be a relatively heavy rifle, coming in between 11 and 13 lbs and I really don't think I trust the plastic.

Also, I have never used anything bipod like except a pole cat, so I have no perspective from that point of view, rifle will be for non-competitive target shooting and an occasional hunt.

Thanks,
Cole
The magpul was fine on my 13 pound 260 and I think it’s the best cheap bipod out there.

Between the Harris and the magpul, I prefer the magpul. if you want Harris, get any of the mlok sling stud adapters, I've got one set up that way and it works fine. I think I have the magpul brand adapter, it's steel.

I'm not a fan of stacking tons of adapters like mlok to pic rail to whatever adapter you need to attach the Harris to a pic.

To be honest I was at first leaning toward the magpul but I let the other discussions talk me out of it. You guys have me leaning toward it again. I can get the MLOK version and no adapters are needed. Like I said, I've never used anything else so mabye ill pick one of those up and try it out.

you should consider this, the guy just lowered his price on it.

The magpul bipod is fine. It’s just not a quick detach so if you’re fine leaving it where it is then the mlock version would suit you well.

I don't even kind of care about qd for this application.
Get it then. If you don’t like it you can sell it for 80 bucks and only be out 20 for trying. But I think you’ll like it. Mine was the mlock version on an oryx chassis and it all got sold together but I wouldn’t mind having another.

Get it then. If you don’t like it you can sell it for 80 bucks and only be out 20 for trying. But I think you’ll like it. Mine was the mlock version on an oryx chassis and it all got sold together but I wouldn’t mind having another.
I also like the way it has all of the functionality I could want without adpters.