• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipod length?

ian45662

Private
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2013
What is a good length for a bipod if I wanted to use it for prone shooting?

Re: Bipod length?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roggom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6-9 Swivel should cover everything from the bench to prone. Harris BRM-S

http://www.triadtactical.com/Harris-Swivel-Notched.html</div></div>
^ ^ ^ Agree ^ ^ ^

All I use . . . add the Pod Lock for a better handle for the swivel.

Kevin

x3 on the Harris. I have one on my .308 and like it a lot. 6"-9" for sure. There was a thread on this not too long ago.

6x9 is to short for field use on uneven ground or even slightly high grass.. the 9x12 is better... the 6x9 is only good on a bench...

The 6-9 is the way to go if you need it higher toss something underneath it. The thing is the 6-9 can always be made higher by putting something like a backpack under it. The 9-12 can only be shortened to 9" it doesnt get shorter then that.

I use 6-9.untill I hit high grass.
Do some research on your own,
Get a tape measure and take it with you, then grab some books or a 'make shift rest' (some ranges let you borrow a 3 sided multi height gun rest).
Use it and measure what you like. I perfer mine to go lower so im lookinh to the atlas for the leg tilt feature.