• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipod on a Smith and Wesson I Bolt?

Cfl Mike

Private
Minuteman
May 26, 2011
The Land of Nod
I am fairly new to the long range game, so I am not sure as to the ways to put a bipod on my I bolt. So does anyone have any tips? Anyone actually done this? How do I do this?

Re: Bipod on a Smith and Wesson I Bolt?

It should have a sling stud on the forearm like any other bolt rifle. buy a Harris, attach it there, snug it up and go.

harris (6-9'', notched, swivel: s-brm); pod-loc -> talk to triad

use swivel-stud as mentioned above to attach the bipod to the rifle

Thats what I was thinking, but from the looks of it, its pretty small and puny, and I am doubtful that a bipod, would last on there long. So have you guys actually done this?

Alrighty then ill give it a whirl and see what happens, I guess if the little thing that connects to the sling breaks too easily, I guess most companies will probably just replace it, or refund.

Have you guys actually done it on an IBolt, because I just noticed that I have to worry about the flush swivel mounts.

If you go to yahoo home page type "ibolt with bipod" under images it will show you pictures

I did, but I cant tell what type of they are, nor does it mention it in the threads they were posted on (at least the ones that were not airsoft).

So has anyone ever actually tried it on something like this "flush sling mount'' system because I am still sketched out about buying. I checked google and stuff and all that comes up is airsoft stuff.

Are you talking about the symthetic stock with what appears to be a molded in sling stud http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/978/products_id/50674 ? Go to a gun store that has one in stock and see if a Harris bipod will attach to it. If it won't, or doesn't look stong enough, see if the place has a gunsmith that will look at the stock to determine if a regular sling swivel stud could be mounted in front or behind the molded in piece.

I bought the one ThreeTrees suggested and it fits (THANKS MAN!, it was what I was looking for anyways.), but I havent got a chance to shoot it, but it seems like its on there pretty good.

So for anyone else out there with an that IBolt stock that Harris Bipod mentioned above works!