• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Bipod on round hand guard.

Deets

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2020
Pretty new to AR’s. Recently bought a DPMS 5.56 with a 20” heavy barrel, has a round free float hand guard. The hand guard has 3 tapped holes in the bottom. Are those just for mounting a pic rail? Or is there a bipod mount that bolts directly to the hand guard?
I see that Atlas has a “no clamp” version, that’s what made me wonder.

2D584CC1-1A0E-42C7-98E4-BC98F8D9EE05.jpeg

Pretty new to AR’s. Recently bought a DPMS 5.56 with a 20” heavy barrel, has a round free float hand guard. The hand guard has 3 tapped holes in the bottom. Are those just for mounting a pic rail? Or is there a bipod mount that bolts directly to the hand guard?
I see that Atlas has a “no clamp” version, that’s what made me wonder.
This holes are for a pic rail section

Reactions: Deets
Any recommendation on where to get one from? I’m sure they are all over, but where’s your go to place?

Looks like a 5 slot is what I’m after.

Coming from the 2 stroke world, I use blue on everything. Thanks for the advice though.

Most of them are for m-loc. Found some that don’t have a specific mounting but no info on hole spacing.

I saw those, the shorty is a 4 slot which is 2” in length. My hole centers are 1-9/16” roughly. Seeing as they don’t give hole dimensions, and I’d guess that the centers are more than 3/16” off each edge. It doesn’t look like it will work.

Last edited:
I need an aluminum 5 slot direct bolt.
Which I have yet to find.

I don't know if those holes in the free float tube are threaded or not but this rail is a start. 10-32 weld nuts and some button head cap screws should round out the install. You can get these from McMaster Carr or a well stocked hardware store.

1616382374291.png

1616382284368.png

I don't know if those holes in the free float tube are threaded or not but this rail is a start. 10-32 weld nuts and some button head cap screws should round out the install. You can get these from McMaster Carr or a well stocked hardware store.

View attachment 7587774

View attachment 7587773

B&T33 tube rail kit might be just what you’re looking for.

Atlas has what I need, thanks fellas!
The holes in my tube are threaded, so BT 34 is what I need. I measured 1.59 but that’s eyeing the calipers.

Reactions: Kamerad
Tried, has some problem saying my address isn’t verified. Guess I’ll call em tomorrow.