• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bipod suggestions

Scootch

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2017
Mississippi
Which bipod do you recommend? I'm currently considering the LRA. All of my shooting will be prone and the rifle will weigh around 20 pounds fully configured, 338 lapua.

What's your experience with your suggested bipod and if the LRA is not a good option, why?

Thanks,
Scootch

LRA is a high quality unit and super solid!

My rifle is 24lbs. It was good shooter with the little Harris but almost twice as accurate with the LRA. Made a significant difference in how steady and secure the hold is and the rifle tracks back straighter during recoil. I'm so glad I bought it.

+1 I have 2 of LRA's: #1 is the F-Class version runs like a champ and is super solid with my heaviest rifles (18+ lbs) .338 LM Improved, as well as my 300 Domination (think 300 Norma Mag). the other is the Tactical - a bit lighter in weight than the F-Class, but still super stable.

JeffVN

Same as is noted above with the addition of the fact that with the LRA the rifle is "slung" VERY low inside the bipod making for an extreme low center of gravity which also adds to the stability of each shot. The smoothness of the swivel ability of the LRA is superior to the Atlas equivilent (the 5H) as well.

FWIW, I've had EXCELLENT results using Elite Iron's Revolution series... They ain't cheap but you could bludgeon an elephant to death with it.

I have the sierra 7 bipod. You don't hear much about it, but it is a very solid piece.

I have a savage 10ba 6.5 creedmoor. From what I've read best results are coming from 140 grain bullet with 44 grains of powder. My lil booklet says 34 grains of powder for the max load. ( I just reloaded n shot my first 50 shells today) they done ok but wanting to follow what I'm reading is the preferred load. I'm NEW to all this. Wanting to stay safe. Thank you any info n help greatly appreciated

I have a savage 10ba 6.5 creedmoor. From what I've read best results are coming from 140 grain bullet with 44 grains of powder. My lil booklet says 34 grains of powder for the max load. ( I just reloaded n shot my first 50 shells today) they done ok but wanting to follow what I'm reading is the preferred load. I'm NEW to all this. Wanting to stay safe. Thank you any info n help greatly appreciated

Wrong thread me thinks!?

yeah the Elite Iron bipods are nice...but pretty pricey. The aluminum model would be great but everywhere I have looked so far is out of stock. I think I'm gonna grab an LRA for my DTA 338

Good choice, especially for a 338. My LRA holds up a 338LM Improved with a 32" MTU contour, it's a beast and the rifle is very balanced & stable with the LRA.

I run an LRA on my AI .338LM and use it on all my rifles when shoot 1000 yard or 500 meters steel matches. May take a look at 2018 Shot Show at the Cadex.

My Phoenix bipod arrived earlier today

Nice piece of engineering I have to say - love it !

Gonna shoot it next week when my new custom barrel is finished

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/InruHUE.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I've been using The EI Revolution on my DT. 375CT. I love it with the legs fully collapsed, less so with the legs extended as it does flex a little while loading the bipod. The LRA Light Tactical on my SRS A1 .338 is rock solid, even with legs extended on the lighter weight rifle. The LRA's are noticeably wider (especially the F-class) under the forearm giving you improved stability, but a wider overall package (ergo why I picked the L.T. vs. F-class for the SRSA1) but I'm really considering trying the F-class for the HTI where size isn't a considerration.

having both a pheonix and a lra. lra is really nice but it doesnt fold up small enough, it still sticks out a ton on both sides of the rifle.
if you are wiling to take it off everytime then its perfect.
that being said i have been replacing my other bipods with pheonix, unless weight is a issue.
since the feet are so big i put some skid tape on them and they really dig in.
helps when the surface is a little choppy, the little nub feet dont push the bipod around.

i actually feel bad for the harris its still a really good bipod and they are for sure considerably lighter than the option above. funny how we all forget how well we shot with the crappy old harris that has been painted 10 times.
i can say for sure that my groups didnt get cut in half because i changed bipods...wish they did

LRA on a .50 DTA HTI, it's 30lbs. scope, can and all (kinda light actually). Anyway, it's as solid and well made as they come. I was impressed. They make a few, pick the one that works best for you. Totally adjustable too and they come with a lot of perks that many just don't have.

They make a new, smaller one too that would be great for smaller rifles and maybe even the .338, but if you want the best bipod for prone shooting you'll be hard pressed to find a better one. If you can.

I have both a Harris and an Atlas. The Harris is quick to deploy and add-ons are inexpensive. The Atlas is bomb proof - worth every penny if you ask me.

t2KjG6h.png