• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

birthday at the range

isaaccarlson

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2011
Wisconsin
I took my wife to the range today since it was my birthday. She had her 10/22 and I had my 455. We had fun and managed to stay dry thanks to the nice pavilion over the firing line. The wind was cold though....BRRR.

There were about a dozen people there shooting, so it was loud, but we all had fun. One guy had a shotgun, another guy had a glenfield, there were some pistols and a BUNCH of AR's.

The range officer was sitting to my left, and was shooting his varmint gun, which was a 223 with 60 gr v-mav. He had a target at 100 yards.

My wife was sitting to my right, and was getting back in the routine after going a while without shooting. She got right back into it after about 50 rounds. I had fun watching her target through my scope. I even shot a group on her target.... She was shooting at 50 yards and was doing well.

I had targets at 50 and 100 yards and was having a blast. The wind was moving the groups around and being a general nuisance. I didn't care because I was out shooting with my wife.

When it came time to change targets, the three of us walked out together. My wife stopped at her 50 yard target, and the range officer and myself went to check out our 100 yd targets. The range officer looked over at my target and said "You are shooting like that with a 22!?"

"yes, sir."

"You're shooting that 22 better than I shoot my varmint gun!"

I looked over at his target and he had 1-1.25" groups. I thought we were pretty close to even as far as groups. He pointed at one of my smaller groups and asked if he could take a picture. I told him he could take all the pictures he wanted. He got a picture and then asked that kind of rifle I had. I told him what it was and what I did to it. He then asked how much they were, so I told him. I also tried to tell him about the precision trainer, but he interrupted me and said, "no, I want one just like that." I couldn't help but smile.

I asked him if he wanted to try it twice and he declined kindly. He did look through the scope though. I think he is now in the market for a CZ 455 American.

We talked shooting for a while and exchanged info. It turns out he hunts varmints and wants to go hunting together so I invited him over to hunt coyotes. He has a night vision scope!!!!!

It started raining harder so we packed up. I will be calling him soon to go hunting. He is a great guy.

Here is the target he took a pic of.

100yardtarget.jpg

Re: birthday at the range

Good shooting! I love dealing with and talking to local "range officers" most of them seem to know everything and are the best shots out there, its very entertaning.

Re: birthday at the range

Nice shooting. My wife cleans my clock in accuracy with just about anything she shoots. Our first date was at an indoor range, first shot out of a Ruger SP101 snubby was a head shot between the eyes of a B27 target at 15 yards. I just reloaded mags and speed loaders for her the rest of the day :).
JH