• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bix'n Andy trigger question

Paul_R

Group Commander
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2011
Nor-Cal
Putting together a new build. I'm a fan of 2 stage triggers and the choices are limited. I have a Timney . It's ok but has more creep than I like.

Has anybody used the Bix'n Andy 2 stage? Is it worth the extra money?

I have Huber’s, Tinmey and Bix 2 stages.

Each have their own feel. Bix is the most user adjustable and the pro model offers super low weights but has some funky over travel. The Huber seems to brake the most consistently on my digital gauge, but lacks the adjustability of the Bix. The Tinmey is not really as nice as the other two in my opinion.

On my Hunting and field guns, I like the Huber. On my dedicated match gun the Bix is growing on me

I really like mine. It's currently on my main match rifle. I had a Huber, but went to the Bix because of the adjustability. I also have a XTSP Mod 22 that I like really well. Little different feel than the Bix, particularly on the first stage, but close.

I also have Timney, Huber, and BnA Tacsport 2 stage triggers and my opinions of the three are similar to Diver160651. The Timney has a very slight amount of creep and the feel of the trigger is not as good in my opinion as the BnA or Huber. The Huber and BnA have a slightly different but similar feel. I like both of them and can shoot either the BnA or Huber equally well.

I swapped out a Calvin elite 2-stage for a BixNAndy and would not switch back. The feel is better, no creep and easier to adjust.

Putting together a new build. I'm a fan of 2 stage triggers and the choices are limited. I have a Timney . It's ok but has more creep than I like.

Has anybody used the Bix'n Andy 2 stage? Is it worth the extra money?

yes .. i have a few i am going to sell (simply because i have 5) ... ping me if want a deal.

I think the BnA is definitely a notch above the feel of the two you mentioned. In a two stage, it's the best feeling I have tried and I've tried them al except the Trigger Tech. I am sure it's nice, but it's not currently available and won't be easy t get when it first comes out, more than likely. I have my BnA on a Mausingfield and it feels amazing and has near perfect timing with no adjustments required.

Reactions: kthomas
I love the adjustability of my BnA. I was able to swap out the top sear to help with the reliability of my Nucleus and change the trigger shoe with minimal tools. I spent a bit of time trying the new TT at shot and it felt really nice, but isn't user serviceable (according to the rep). He said something along the lines that if it's opened, the warranty could be voided. Additionally, there is currently no way to change out the top sear. The TT trigger felt incredibly crisp, but those would be deal breakers for me. I also can't comment on the adjustability of the TT since I didn't get to mess with the settings at the booth.

I think the BnA is definitely a notch above the feel of the two you mentioned. In a two stage, it's the best feeling I have tried and I've tried them al except the Trigger Tech. I am sure it's nice, but it's not currently available and won't be easy t get when it first comes out, more than likely. I have my BnA on a Mausingfield and it feels amazing and has near perfect timing with no adjustments required.

Same here. BnA TacSport in my Mausingfield and Defiance.

The BnA is an excellent trigger. Love the adjustability - you can dial it in so it is perfect for you.

Sear engagement adjustability + the ability to swap out the sears means you can get it timed perfectly to your action. The stock sear + Mausingfield is an amazing combination. Much, much better than my friends Mausingfield + Huber.

Get the BnA - you won't be disappointed.

agree BnA worth the money over timney. Best trigger I've felt so far