• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Black Friday: SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Non Illuminated

Re: Black Friday: SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Non Illuminated

Does anybody *really* think SWFA is going to do something to piss off a group of customers (like selling a mailing list) that has proven time and time again to be very loyal yet having a LONG memory about actual or perceived slights?

A few months back many were thanking SWFA to the high heavens for the good deal...now folks are "disappointed" or "pissed off", the promotion was a "debacle", and folks "wasted their time" by simply signing up for a promotional email.

I'd have liked to see a lower price on the non-ill 5-20 as much as the next guy but geez some of you seem to have a mighty high sense of entitlement...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gun nut in maine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just saw this deal on the internet...

NightForce 5.5-22x56 NXS Ill. Reticle Riflescopes - w/ optional ZeroStop, Velocity 1000 Reticle w/ FREE UPS for $1681... how is that dollar for value compared to the swfa offering? </div></div>

link?

How would you know if any company sold a list with your info in it BoilerUp? Would you be able to discern which new email ad you got because said company sold a list with your addy in it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Angry_Pirate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How would you know if any company sold a list with your info in it BoilerUp? Would you be able to discern which new email ad you got because said company sold a list with your addy in it? </div></div>

I wouldn't know.

In the same vein, why would one assume SWFA's motive to have folks sign up for the email was to sell the list?

Did it occur to anybody that Thanksgiving is a holiday, and <span style="font-style: italic">maybe</span> the IT guys got lazy or made a mistake and posted the deals early?

About the mailing list, there motive with this promo WAS to get you to signup on it and get your e-mail. What they do with your e-mail address is now completely up to them.

They wasted my time by eluding to the special being available only by e-mail through their mailing list. I took the time to signup, I checked my e-mail countless times, while the whole time the special is on their website already for everyone. No, I'm not happy about that.

DITTO, nothing new, we just been played again!

These players AKA SWFA decepticons are wearing out my email, since I signed up for for the Black Friday SWFA notification junk mail is up %400, the sunny side to all this is it helped me decide from what site and what brand name I will order my new scope from, as for me it's not always just about the money.

If I was a vendor, this kind of response would make me think twice about offering anything special to this group again...

The original group buy was a great deal for a lot of people. So this holiday special wasn't what you "hoped" for. Big deal. Don't act like a bunch of entitled brats about it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tightturn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DITTO, nothing new, we just been played again!

These players AKA SWFA decepticons are wearing out my email, <span style="font-weight: bold">since I signed up for for the Black Friday SWFA notification junk mail is up %400</span>, the sunny side to all this is it helped me decide from what site and what brand name I will order my new scope from, as for me it's not always just about the money.

</div></div>

I don't think your increase in junk mail is a result of signing up for the SWFA announcement. I signed up too and haven't had a single junk e-mail come through since. My junk mail is down 200% since signing up for the Black Friday SWFA notification...

So where were you guys when SWFA had a SH 10% discount advertised on the site for at least a year on the 3-9x and 10x HD scopes?

When they ran the 5-20x HD group buy?

When they ran 7-8 different kits for everything from the 1-4x to the 10x?

Some of you guys must lead some seriously miserable lives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I was a vendor, this kind of response would make me think twice about offering anything special to this group again...

The original group buy was a great deal for a lot of people. So this holiday special wasn't what you "hoped" for. Big deal. Don't act like a bunch of entitled brats about it...</div></div>

No one is entitled to anything except honesty. The problem isn't with what they offered, its that they deliberately mislead us.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.C.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I was a vendor, this kind of response would make me think twice about offering anything special to this group again...

The original group buy was a great deal for a lot of people. So this holiday special wasn't what you "hoped" for. Big deal. Don't act like a bunch of entitled brats about it...</div></div>

No one is entitled to anything except honesty. The problem isn't with what they offered, its that they deliberately mislead us. </div></div>

+1000

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.C.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The problem isn't with what they offered, its that they deliberately mislead us. </div></div>

How were you "misled"?

To all you who are pissing and moaning; SWFA has offered killer deals in the past. Dogman just listed a few examples. Any way you break it down, it's still not a bad deal and if you sell off the extras you can get the scope for around 1k. You don't like it, move on to the next one.

That said, I will be unsubscribing from their emailing list asap. It could have been an honest misake but that's doubtful. Most likely just a ploy to boost their numbers and that kinda crap drives me up a wall.

As Ive already stated very early on in the thread......why would you folks expect them to off a better deal than what was given in the group buy? If that was the case, what would have been the purpose of the group buy?

People got very over optimistic on what "deal" was going to be given and the herd just fed right into it.

Not to piss and moan but I at least expected a reach around.
laugh.gif

I don't have any desire to comment on the Black Friday offering from SWFA, or how they chose to promote it. However, I do think the posts regarding how SWFA obtained folks email & how they handle personal information should be addressed.

The following is a simple copy/paste from SWFA's Privacy Policy:

<span style="font-weight: bold">"We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.

We use the information you provide about someone else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.

We offer gift-cards by which you can personalize a product you order for another person. Information you provide to us to create a gift-card is only used for that purpose, and it is only disclosed to the person receiving the gift.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic">We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties</span>. </span>

You can register with our website if you would like to receive our catalog as well as updates on our new products and services. Information you submit on our website will not be used for this purpose unless you fill out the registration form.

We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and to share with advertisers. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.

Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses." </span>

Bottom line, SWFA isn't data farming with the hope that they can profit from selling email addresses to third parties for marketing purposes. Anybody who has ever dealt with them in the past knows that SWFA is one of the "GOOD GUYS" in the optics/shooting world. They support the shooting sports, provide outstanding customer service, and have invested heavily in the Super Sniper line, which provides us with a solid, high quality product at an affordable price.

To say or assume that SWFA has nefarious intentions with their Black Friday promo is, in my opinion, incorrect. Prior to my business entering the industry, I was a end user/customer of SWFA. They treated me very well and provided a wealth of knowledge that helped in my purchase decisions. All of us as shooters benefit from having SWFA as a source of gear & supporting them is a way to support your passions as shooters.

As a disclaimer, I am not an agent of SWFA, nor do I have any business affiliation with them.

Just my $.02. Hope everybody here has a safe Turkey Day weekend.

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com
(901)334-6808

ETA, ceylonc beat me to it, but I'm still leaving it as is.

I know they aren't selling off this info because of two things. First, SWFA is a stand up company run by stand up individuals. Secondly, look at their Privacy Policy.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Way We Use Information:

We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.

We use the information you provide about someone else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.

We offer gift-cards by which you can personalize a product you order for another person. Information you provide to us to create a gift-card is only used for that purpose, and it is only disclosed to the person receiving the gift.

We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.

You can register with our website if you would like to receive our catalog as well as updates on our new products and services. Information you submit on our website will not be used for this purpose unless you fill out the registration form.

We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and to share with advertisers. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.

Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. </div></div>

To sit here and accuse a long time excellent vendor of malicious practices is utter bullshit. So they didn't lop off a bunch of money on the purchase of the scope, instead offering a package deal that is outstanding. So freaking what... What a bunch of whiny bitches.

SWFA, you've had my business in the past and you will continue to have it. Thank you.

Guess they spoiled everybody on the first deal, I was hoping to pick up another one for under a grand to put on a gas gun. Oh well, maybe they won't sell as many as they hoped and cut the price.

It wasn't what I thought but I didn't think the deal would match before . Last time it was a whole new product that was a completely different offering then a a $300 dollar scope . They offered deal to get word of mouth out there that it was a great product . This is just a non illuminated version of a it why would they undercut themselves ? Who gives all that's offered with it for this price ? I think I.T. mistakes and wishful thinking got out of hand . I have done decent amount of business with Swfa and will continue to do so . Just got done ordering my 3-9 ffp . Granted if I could see the future I would have bought it last week but if that was the case I'd have won the lotto and be rocking the Zeiss on all my rifles.

As someone that runs a company and is responsible for the marketing, I can tell you they did more damage than good with this. Your whole reason for running specials is to sell something and in the process gain a happy customer. Neither accomplished this time.

I may be in the minority but I'm neither disappointed nor upset with this SWFA offering. They're a standup company and a big supporter of our community. So the black Friday deal wasn't what we expected - big deal. At least they offered something and IMHO it's a great deal for someone looking for a package deal. Just not what I'm looking for - no problem - I'll move on to something else later.

As for the email misleadings - again big F--ing deal. I've got bigger things to worry about in my life.

Thanks SWFA for being there. I will continue to be a customer!

I will say it wasn't what I was expecting but it's a good deal and people should be happy that they offered a black Friday sale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.C.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The problem isn't with what they offered, its that they deliberately mislead us. </div></div>

How were you "misled"?</div></div>

I was mislead by the statement they made that this offer would be exclusive for people who signed up for the email list.

Thanks for the offer SWFA.

It would be a good offer without the extra scope but for some reason, the extra scope makes the deal worse. Like offering a great deal on a Rottweiler but you gotta take home this Chihuahua to get the sale price. Rather than a rash impulse buy I was looking forward to, I guess I'll sleep on it.

Regarding subscriber exclusivity on the offer... I got bigger fish to fry. I hope they sell a million of them.

<span style="font-family: 'Arial'"><span style="color: #FF0000">I am ashamed that some of our members are publicly displaying their disrespect for SWFA.</span>

SWFA is a very reputable business and an enthusiastic supporter of Sniper's Hide.

SWFA is honest and every one of you posting slanderous statements should hang your head in shame. What gives you the right to infer they are selling your emails? There are a lot of posts that should be deleted here.

You are showing your greed and true character for your mistreatment of this fine, honorable company.

<span style="color: #FF0000">You should be embarrassed that you slam SWFA because they didn't offer the deal you feel entitled to. </span> </span>

I'll shutup, SWFA is a standup company. Yeah I went in on the deal!
smile.gif

What a bunch of whiners. That is still a hell of deal if you want a 5-20x50. Like others said. Sell the shit you don't need and be happy for the deal offered if the 5-20x50 is the scope you want.

The deal is somewhat exclusive since you don't see anything on their home page about Black Friday deals. You have to go into the SWFA rifle scope section to see these deals. The e-mail did however show exactly what the deals are making them semi exclusive since most people will never see them unless they go to those specific items. I'm no computer guy but I would imagine that they did it the way they did in order to avoid a bunch of work that would be required to set up an "exclusive" shopping cart for the Black Friday items.

It is always a pleasure dealing with SWFA and their customer service is second to none. I will be calling them to order a Weaver 3-15x50 tactical in a few minutes. $675 shipped when paying by check or MO.

Well I must say that I was hoping for a serious discount on the 5-20. At <$1000 I would have tried one, but I don't need the other things in the package so it has very little attraction for me.

Dissapointed? Yes. But SWFA has always been good to deal with and I will continue to do business with them. And I did get to enjoy the anticipation of the whole Black Friday thing so it wasn't a total loss.

I may be having a senior moment but any deal they offered in the past does not entitle me to the same deal now or at any time in the future.

OFG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ThrottleJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like you basicly get a free 6x super sniper and a hat when buying the scope. Price is still $1299. Not what I was hoping for. </div></div>

I thought it over and decided that not having the chicken logo is a pretty valuable feature to me. On that note I pulled the trigger on a black friday special. If anyone is looking for a 6x SS at around 3/4 normal price you know how to reach me.
grin.gif

It is all a marketing play. Take a new model that there is heavy interest in and knock the dust off an old model not selling well. Pair them together for a decent price with some accessories and hope to get a few of them old 6Xs out the door. Do I blame them for it? NO. Do I need one? NO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rootney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like others said. Sell the shit you don't need and be happy for the deal offered if the 5-20x50 is the scope you want.
</div></div>

This. Buy the scope and ebay the stuff you don't want.

I still think SWFA is one of the best. I know I will continue to buy from them and they make things right.

+ 1 to SWFA.

Ok enough of the whiners and little babies with 5 posts. If you spend time on the Hide you know that we get great deals most of the time from the merchants and SWFA is one of them.

If you wanted a good deal...you should have done the group buy. This deal wasn't what I hoped for but its a killer deal. Don't like it....then go pay full retail for the scope of your choice and sit down and be quiet. The Hide has aways been rough on Mall Ninjas with a keyboard and I am going to continue that with my post here.

SWFA did great deals for us all in 2011, you didn't participate..its your problem not theirs. You don't like this deal...go to ARf.com and buy a used scope from the classifieds.

I vote SWFA quits trying to do anything for you greedy bastards.

Let me share some southern etiquette with some of you asses.

If someone makes you a deal and you don't like it, you can either 1) say nothing and pass 2) say "thank you for the offer" and pass.

Some of you beat anything I've ever seen.

Hey guys, we hear ya loud and clear.

First I must say that I am disappointed in those that are making accusations that this was a marketing ploy to steal and sell your e-mail address as this is as far from the truth as you can get.

Second it was not supposed to be on our site until the e-mail went out. It was all set up and set to "hidden" on our site prior to closing down early on Wednesday but the site updated at midnight Thursday and undid the "hidden" selection on all of the deals. We noticed it Thanksgiving morning but everyone was out of town so we had a hard time remoting in and undoing it but we did.

Our IT guys were going to stay up and manually turn them on at midnight but were not instructed which time zone or were too full of turkey and they turned them on at 10:00 pm Texas time.

The first group buy was a collective effort between SWFA and Snipers Hide, meaning that Frank shared in the expense to get the price down. You don't need to know the details or the numbers but he was crucial, trust me.

We did not want to offer a deal that we could not deliver so we put together the best package deal we could according to stock on hand and the deals are really good deals but I understand that you may not need the free scope and may not want to deal with selling it.

We'll have some meetings over the weekend and see if we can throw something else out there (no promises though), maybe a Cyber Monday only deal but most likely there won't be any "Blacked OuT" scopes left if they keep selling at the rate they are today.

Also anyone can get off our list with one click at the bottom of the e-mail on the link named, SafeUnsubscribe.

It's like this. If the car lot is throwing a sale on a Mustang, you don't want to have to buy a Focus too, to get the deal.

Lesson Learnt. Hopefully you guys do come up with something else for Cyber Monday, I was really wanting one...

Forget the other scope, there's $200 of free shit with the rings, BC's, cat tail, etc.... People are pepper spraying kids over a $100 off an Xbox, and you bitch about an OFFER that you don't even HAVE to take.

Classless.

You are getting more than you otherwise would, pretty standard definition of 'deal'...

You want to complain it isn't enough, or the deal should be better, that's pretty comical. Not to mention ungrateful. How about this, if you don't like the deal, don't partake in the offer.

Bitching about it on the internet lacks class, to say the least.

Wish I had the money to pick one up.................

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I vote SWFA quits trying to do anything for you greedy bastards.

Let me share some southern etiquette with some of you asses.

If someone makes you a deal and you don't like it, you can either 1) say nothing and pass 2) say "thank you for the offer" and pass.

Some of you beat anything I've ever seen. </div></div>

S8pHV.jpg

Wow....amazing what some will bitch about!!

Who wanted $300 off? I'll tell you how you can get it.

Go buy the package, when received send me all the extra goodies, I want all of them though.....you keep just the 5-20x50 scope.....and I'll give you $300 for the rest of the package.

PM me if you want to take advantage of this special jasonk BLACK FRIDAY sale. I will extend this offer to at least 2 people because I can use the 6X and a couple throw levers and really everything else in that package.

Who will take me up on it?

Your right, whatever they offer is better than nothing. But with all the negative feedback over this "deal", it's clear people had something else in mind.

It would actually be a really good deal from someone that had an application for the little scope.

Can't please everyone, you just try to please over half of them....

Damn, maybe its the fact that Ive been at work since 9pm last night, but I didnt even notice that you got a 6x SS with the deal. Thats a great deal.

P.S. I Am very pleased with SWFA's Products and Customer service, just wanted to troll a little =p