• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Black Friday: SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Non Illuminated

Re: Black Friday: SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Non Illuminated

I picked up the deal as well - I was looking at picking up the NF F1 but this was too good of a deal to pass up. The 6x will fit in nicely on a .22 LR or a short-medium range rifle.

Thanks SWFA!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hookman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked up the deal as well - I was looking at picking up the NF F1 but this was too good of a deal to pass up. The 6x will fit in nicely on a .22 LR or a short-medium range rifle.

Thanks SWFA! </div></div>

When is yours scheduled to be delivered?

I bit the bullet and ordered mine yesterday and it was delivered late this afternoon. This is my first experience with SWFA scopes, they seem really solidly built. I can't wait to get out to the range and try the 5-20X50 on my 5R.

I have two of the 5-20x50 SS illumianted that I bought at the initial buy. The only other reasonably good scopes I have are two Leupold Mark 4 scopes and a Zeiss Conquest and a Trijicon Accupoint 5-20 with a few CQB type optics thrown in. Any way I have looked at the Razor and somebody else may really like it but I have now desire to own it. I have also looked at US Optics scopes and would absolutely love to own one of them. I have looked at Nightforce and I know the mechanicals are good and reliable but the glass I thought was just so so not great not even up to par with the zeiss Conquest. Heisoldt is the absolute best of the Best and Premier is right up there also. But I just cant do $3000+ for a dam scope. I had around 15 K in great camera lenses that all turned to worthless over night with digital and I really expect the same thing to happen with tactical optics eventually. We have rifle mounted digital optical systems with remote viewers so do the Chinese I've seen them. I have to say that while the SS is not a U.S. Optics or a Henisoldt it is better than my Leupold Mk4 scopes and the glass is pretty darn good anything else that will do what these will do will cost you over a thousand dollars more. And Ive had a PST and didnt like it so the viper PST is not in the same league.

Ordered Monday, status says, "Back order". What's up with this?
mad.gif

grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RotARy15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered Monday, status says, "Back order". What's up with this?
mad.gif

grin.gif
</div></div>

I think you fail to appreciate how many people quietly took the first deal. They may be out of scopes for a bit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RotARy15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered Monday, status says, "Back order". What's up with this?
mad.gif

grin.gif
</div></div>

I think you fail to appreciate how many people quietly took the first deal. They may be out of scopes for a bit.

</div></div>

Yeah, I figured. I'm ok with that. Don't exactly have a rifle ready to receive the scope anyway.

I consider myself lucky then, I also ordered on Monday (the black friday package) and it will be here (San Diego) on Friday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jfalkent</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I consider myself lucky then, I also ordered on Monday (the black friday package) and it will be here (San Diego) on Friday. </div></div>

I blame you...
grin.gif

I signed up because I hate that I keep missing these great deals. I just missed out on the group buy on the 1-4 HD, ended up paying full price. Don't get me wrong, I love the scope.

Now I see this after I just ordered a 5-20 HD full price and then find this thread.

Ouch...

On a lighter note - I received everything today, going to mount the 5x20 tonight!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hookman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered late Monday and I got a back ordered notification!!??
mad.gif
</div></div>

Welcome to the club. Population: 2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RotARy15</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hookman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered late Monday and I got a back ordered notification!!??
mad.gif
</div></div>

Welcome to the club. Population: 2 </div></div>

We are waiting on the rings from Seekins then all backorders will be shipped. Should have them in house late next week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RotARy15</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hookman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered late Monday and I got a back ordered notification!!??
mad.gif
</div></div>

We are waiting on the rings from Seekins then all backorders will be shipped. Should have them in house late next week. </div></div>

Thanks for letting us know.

I don't yet have a base on my rifle (because it is bundled with my order), so I can't tell what height rings would be the lowest possible. Sure hope the objective is nice and tight to the barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RotARy15</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RotARy15</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hookman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered late Monday and I got a back ordered notification!!??
mad.gif
</div></div>

We are waiting on the rings from Seekins then all backorders will be shipped. Should have them in house late next week. </div></div>

Thanks for letting us know.

I don't yet have a base on my rifle (because it is bundled with my order), so I can't tell what height rings would be the lowest possible. Sure hope the objective is nice and tight to the barrel. </div></div>

Thanks! - you guys rock!

Ordered mine monday and I have shipping info to arrive friday, sorry! My second ss 5x20, nice scope for the money.

The brown santa delivered my black friday package today
grin.gif

I can't wait to get my new stock on Monday and go out and shoot! I'm going to put the 6x on one of my heavy barreled ARs and be set! Thanks to SWFA for constantly giving good deals to their customers!

With that said, I now have absolutely no use for my SS 20x since getting two new scopes. Anyone interested? If so, shoot me a PM.

I will have to find some high rings, the medium ones do not work with my AR. I hope they will trade the medium ones in for high ones..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kaptain86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will have to find some high rings, the medium ones do not work with my AR. I hope they will trade the medium ones in for high ones.. </div></div>

You may want to think about extra high rings on an AR I dont know there measurments for height, just a thought....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Heltsley</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kaptain86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will have to find some high rings, the medium ones do not work with my AR. I hope they will trade the medium ones in for high ones.. </div></div>

You may want to think about extra high rings on an AR I dont know there measurments for height, just a thought....

</div></div>

Thanks, probably need these - http://swfa.com/Seekins-Precision-Scope-30mm-Rings-P47918.aspx

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kaptain86</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Heltsley</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kaptain86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will have to find some high rings, the medium ones do not work with my AR. I hope they will trade the medium ones in for high ones.. </div></div>

</div></div>

Thanks, probably need these - http://swfa.com/Seekins-Precision-Scope-30mm-Rings-P47918.aspx </div></div>

That is what I would go with, or you may never get it mounted due to clearance of the 50mm objective lens.

I would still ask someone that has mounted that scope with the high Seekins AR rings, I have used badger on that configuration and there extra high worked well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeeprider</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kaptain86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2632783&page=1

Here is a thread full of them! </div></div>

I have seen that post. I was hoping to see some photos of the new non illuminated scopes. Mine is ordered just hasn't shipped yet, was hoping for some photos to hold me over. </div></div>

I was going to take pictures after mounting mine, but since the rings are too low I didn't..the scopes are huge with the sun shades on them by the way.

Edit: I sent my medium rings back as a trad-in on the 1.4" AR high rings, should have them next week hopefully!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kaptain86</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeeprider</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kaptain86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2632783&page=1

Here is a thread full of them! </div></div>

I have seen that post. I was hoping to see some photos of the new non illuminated scopes. Mine is ordered just hasn't shipped yet, was hoping for some photos to hold me over. </div></div>

I was going to take pictures after mounting mine, but since the rings are too low I didn't..the scopes are huge with the sun shades on them by the way.

Edit: I sent my medium rings back as a trad-in on the 1.4" AR high rings, should have them next week hopefully! </div></div>

So you sent them back in to SWFA for different rings? I might have to do this as well. I'm thinking about low rather than medium.

It was pretty clear to me the Seekins medium rings wouldn't be optimal for my AR flat top config, so I asked SWFA at the time of order if I could swap them out for high rings and they said no, its a package deal. Good to hear they may be willing to trade-in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jfalkent</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was pretty clear to me the Seekins medium rings wouldn't be optimal for my AR flat top config, so I asked SWFA at the time of order if I could swap them out for high rings and they said no, its a package deal. Good to hear they may be willing to trade-in. </div></div>

$90.00 for trade-in of rings, then make sure you use their 110% price guarantee and go to Seekins AR High Rings to show them the price difference. So you will have to pay a little extra for the AR High Rings unfortunately

Edit: The rings were priced wrong on the website, they were supposed to be $118.95 - so not much difference in price and trade in.

In case anyone doesn't know, you can still get the first Black Friday package deal until sometime tonight or tomorrow.

I had a family memeber that wanted a scope so we ordered the 5-20 package deal for him. I called to verify before we paid to make sure the offer was still valid.

If this is common knowledge, I didn't know. I though it had ended already.

I'm wating anxiously for mine it wont be here until tomorrow though, in the mean time I keep hitting f5 on the UPS tracking page, and I ordered mine at 10:15 Wednesday Night.

I get my kit today
smile.gif
Cant wait.

Edit: I just got my kit going to mount. Will post pics asap
smile.gif

Thanks SWFA for another great deal.

Aron-

I mounted up both of mine this evening. Here's a crappy cell phone pic from the basement.

IMG_20111201_184710.jpg

Received my scopes today as well, and have the 5-20 mounted up.

Exactly as expected for my flat top AR, the medium Seekins rings are too low. I had a set of AR "high" quick release mounts which is what is pictured above. With these, I have 1.45" (37mm) to ring center. With the Butler Creek cap on the objective, I end up with .2" (5mm) clearance. The additional height is needed to obtain a proper cheek weld as well. Also, if you are wondering, the diameter of the bell with the butler creek cover attached is exactly 2.6" (66cm)

I'll try to ask SWFA to swap out my mediums for highs as I much prefer the Seekins rings to other brands (but understand if they decline to do so).

This is my first high quality scope and I couldn't be happier. The other 6x SS scope needs to find a home .... maybe on my 10/22 which will be fun to go out and shoot again with better glass.

Just posted pics of my setup in the SWFA 5-20x50 SS pic thread.

Aron-

jfalkent,

Im not sure what SWFA has in stock as they are waiting on quite a bit from us. If they don't have a seekins product, cant swap you for some reason or if it is easier for you, just let us know and we will swap you strait up. You ship to me and i will ship to you. We should have some 1.45" 30mm rings floating around.

This goes for any of our product. We stand behind it no matter who sells it. If its new and you need a trade for something that works better for you don't hesitate to send us a email
smile.gif

[email protected] -----> will get you the goodies you need.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jfalkent,

Im not sure what SWFA has in stock as they are waiting on quite a bit from us. If they don't have a seekins product, cant swap you for some reason or if it is easier for you, just let us know and we will swap you strait up. You ship to me and i will ship to you. We should have some 1.45" 30mm rings floating around.

This goes for any of our product. We stand behind it no matter who sells it. If its new and you need a trade for something that works better for you don't hesitate to send us a email
smile.gif

</div></div>

Super awesome!

Missed the scope sale. Hopefully they will have a Christmas/New Years sale on the SS 5-20.

Super awesome indeed. SWFA + Seekins = Win!

If I end up contacting Seekins Precision for the swap, I'll be sure to purchase additional items as a show of vendor support - this kind of going above and beyond for customers needs to be rewarded and appreciated by us, the customers.

had I known seekins would trade straight up, I would have sent it there. I will have to pay a little extra for trading mine in to SWFA...

Took mine to the range today, very pleased with its performance. Especially like that it is not picky with eye relief. Also the seekins rings are BEEFY

393246_10150412476677880_749407879_8520923_1218084153_n.jpg

Picked up my package with the 5-20x50 & 6x from the Post Office on Saturday. Took a while because of some hold up at my Credit Card company. Can't wait to get the 5-20 mounted on my .308 Rem 700 to try it out. Don't have a home for the 6x yet since I purchased one of the Weaver 3-15x50's for my AR. Man, I really need to get out and do some shooting. Several new toys to play with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jfalkent,

smile.gif

</div></div>

That is very kind of you to offer such a service when products were purchased elsewhere. I have one set of your rings now, thanks to the SWFA deal, but I will definitely be looking at your products for any of my future builds. It is hard to find companies that offer this type of customer service in this day and age.

Rootney, you bought the scope and are selling it already? What did you not like about it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always miss the fun...... </div></div>

Rootney has the scope for sale for around $1100 I think.

Update on my rings - they are shipping out my new high rings today, I only had to cover shipping so it wasn't too bad of a deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kaptain86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rootney, you bought the scope and are selling it already? What did you not like about it? </div></div>

Already have the Illuminated model. I just wanted the rings, sunshade, caps & Mil-Dot master so I bought the Black friday deal. Keeping the stuff I want and selling the scopes.

Just got mine mounted last night. The AICS also showed up about the same time. It's been a good last couple of weeks. Can't wait to make it out to the range this weekend!

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

Nice!!!!! post it in the pic thread there are quite a few pics in there already
smile.gif

Aron-