• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Black Hills 77GR OTM 5.56mm Red Box 500 Round cases in stock

Funny how in 20 years it has only went up $100. I got my first AR in early 2000 and it was a buck a round then. I think blue box was 70 or 75 cents.

FYI, this is the 77 grn bullets- this is good ammo but is better suited in a bolt gun or some non ar platform . It will not feed reliably in any of my AR's . They will fit in the mag but the OAL is just a little too long to feed well.
If someone has a different experience i would like to hear it.

Not sure that’s an accurate blanket statement. The Black Hills 77g OTM is the only ammo my 18” Noveske has ever ran and I’ve never had a failure to feed, using either Magpul or D&H mags.

Reactions: 260284
FYI, this is the 77 grn bullets- this is good ammo but is better suited in a bolt gun or some non ar platform . It will not feed reliably in any of my AR's . They will fit in the mag but the OAL is just a little too long to feed well.
Odd. I know there used to be issues with Sierra's less than pretty bullet tips snagging in some brands of magazines. We would set them aside for slow fire loads. This is MK262 in a case stamped with BHA instead of WCC. Some would say Mk262 is BHA Match in a WCC case. We were told Winchester made Blackhills' Brass and the headstamp and polish were the only difference. The first lot we shot from Crane were BHA cases in 2000, issued as Match ammo and I think it had the Not For Combat label, but I'd have to see if I still have a box folded up.

This stuff was made to run out of semi auto platforms. Not sure where you are getting that.

what AR has a problem feeding this stuff?

I had feeding issues with a rock river and a bushmaster. I just assumed it was the ammo .
I guess i will have to go back and try them again with different mags.
Thats why I asked for others to chime in.

Yea thats BS. If it won't feed in your gun your gun is most likely a hobby grade piece of shit or you are using garbage mags; or both.

Its been the standard ammo of many cool guys for almost 20 years running in issue M4's, Mk18, Block 2, Mk12s and a bunch of other shit.

I had feeding issues with a rock river and a bushmaster. I just assumed it was the ammo .
I guess i will have to go back and try them again with different mags.
Thats why I asked for others to chime in.
Buy a quality gun next time and you won't have these issues.

Reactions: Gasgun
There’s a lot of dead bad guys all over the Middle East because of this ammo being fired out of AR platforms. Like has been mentioned before this load was made for gas guns.

Yea tell all the SOF guys to stop running mk262 because someone on the internet said it was unreliable due to the 77 gr SMK sitting on top. I'm sure they will heed the warning.

Not to mention 1000+ competitors at the Camp Perry national matches every August shooting the Service Rifle.

2 out of 3 of mine are Rock River never a problem. MK262 Mod 0 or Mod 1.
BTW, number 3 is a home built Satern barrel and Brownell's upper and BCG. All 3 sub MOA.
Rock River are pretty shitty guns to be totally honest with you. They were generally built with tolerances way too tight for a gun to be reliable.

Highpower and competitive shooters like them because they had good for the time Wilson barrels, were cheap and were accurate. They also had very tight chambers. They were one of the few off the shelf guns you could win HP with for $1K.

However they tended to shit the bed when they are run hard and got dirty. They were never considered a viable option for a working gun for these reasons.

Yea tell all the SOF guys to stop running mk262 because someone on the internet said it was unreliable due to the 77 gr SMK sitting on top. I'm sure they will heed the warning.

Not to mention 1000+ competitors at the Camp Perry national matches every August shooting the Service Rifle.
Was thinking about the cases of Black Hills from CMP for $220 back in day... god I wish I bought truckloads of it.

My post wasn't intended to knock black hills or make a blanket statement although it seems to have come across that way. Obviously I have other issues . Thanks for the help .

Reactions: MarshallDodge
My go-to carbine is a RRA. As a service rifle shooter I've gone Distinguished/P100/High Master with RRA-based rifles. Never had an issue with them and would buy again if I needed more ARs. Doesn't mean others had different experiences. Back when the junior SR club bought the CMP Bushmaster NM rifles, we'd take a box full of them every year to Camp Perry for Bushmaster to address issues with. Never took a one back when we started buying RRAs rather than the Bushies.

If you read the posts above.... I already addressed RRA.

Highpower shooters. super clean guns, shooting low round counts on a square range where malfunctions don't really even matter since many will single load high BC bullets that will not fit in a mag.

If you don't see how that may be different than how a work or HD carbine is used........then there isn't much more to be said.

So, do you clean like every 10,000 rounds? Just admit you prefer a different brand and move on. Or do you just have a thing against High Power competitors? Or does Colt or Knight just have sloppiler tolerances for increased performance?
BTW, those 77's work great at 600 yards.

Please stop confusing "tolerance" for "clearance", people - it makes my head hurt.

The first lot we shot from Crane were BHA cases in 2000, issued as Match ammo and I think it had the Not For Combat label, but I'd have to see if I still have a box folded up.
Found a box, BHA .223 MATCH headstamp. After this we got 262.

Attachments

• 20210131_010034.jpg
    20210131_010034.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: sgtsmmiii