• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Black Hills Blue Box Discontinued?

timewaster1700

Timewaster1700
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2017
In the past I used to buy and love the Black Hills Blue Box (Remanufactured) .223 77 gr SMK. Phenomenal factory round and a decent price. From what I'm seeing online they discontinued the blue box line? What a bummer deal. Is this true?

Anyone have recommendations on a replacement? The red box is obviously an option but is significantly more expensive.

Thanks

I shoot the magtech 77gr SMK ammo on my gaser and it does pretty well with it.

I just went on their web site and saw 223 and 40 cal remanufactured for sale???

are you not seeing inventory, or are you seeing where they or someone else actually said it's discontinued?

I shoot the magtech 77gr SMK ammo on my gaser and it does pretty well with it.

Sweet I'll have to give that stuff a try.

I just went on their web site and saw 223 and 40 cal remanufactured for sale???

On black hills website? I can only find new manufacturing on there. Can you drop a link here?

are you not seeing inventory, or are you seeing where they or someone else actually said it's discontinued?

I can't find it on black hills website and a couple online stores say discontinued.

I called Blackhills Ammo today and confirmed the sad news. They no longer producing any re-manufactured ammo.

Shame, was the only thing they sold worth buying. have gone through thousands of the 75 and 69gr and 175gr over the years.

All their redbox shit is grossly overpriced.

Shame, was the only thing they sold worth buying. have gone through thousands of the 75 and 69gr and 175gr over the years.

All their redbox shit is grossly overpriced.

I remember years ago (probably around 2004-2005ish) buying BlackHills redbox at $13/box of 20 for .308 175gr SMK. Ah, those were the days. I mean, FGMM can be had for around $18/boxa few times a year, but still. BlackHills is amazing stuff. Just not $28/box amazing, IMO.

That's a hell of a price. You are def correct. I remember when they came out with .260 ammo back in the day and it shoot like ass and was $40 a box.

I called Blackhills Ammo today and confirmed the sad news. They no longer producing any re-manufactured ammo.
CRAP!!! this (mostly 69g) has been my go-to long-range 3-gun ammo for years and years. no reman stuff showing on ammoseek. wish i had known, i woulda loaded up.

Their reman 75gr 223 was my go to for my long range AR setup. It always performed so damn well and didn't cost a fortune. I was definitely super sad to see it go. Haven't figured out a replacement yet.