• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Black Hole Weaponry Barrels?

Re: Black Hole Weaponry Barrels?

someone here has a 5 groove and i just ordered a 3 for my DPMS. i read the reviews and figured since the will make it to my specs, id give them a shot. i ordered mine today, should be here in 2-3 weeks they said. stainless steel, 18" 3 groove, threaded with protector, rifle gas, black... under $300.

I know Carl personally and he has done a lot of work for me over the years and it has been good work.Hell,how many smiths fix your rifle at 7 on a Sunday evening?He will stand by his products.Nothing wrong with 3 groove barrels IMHO.Benchmark does lots of them also,very accurate and easy to clean.

I will keep them in mind for future 6.8 and 6.5 builds.

the 3 grooves are supposed to be more accurate. for the low price, i paid the extra and waited a lil bit longer. i need all the help i can get

Could someone tell me the big difference between the bull and standard barrels. I noticed they are all the same price and I was just wondering what the major difference is beside the bull being thicker.

stiffer heavier more rigid heavier more stable heavier you can flute it but its still heavy. just a name given to the contour

I just got a 3-groove poly 12.5" barrel from them for my Grendel SBR build. I haven't shot it at distance yet, but so far so good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D.A.T.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These guys are offering 3 groove and 5 groove barrels for their 6.5/ .264 barrels.

http://www.blackholeweaponry.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=44

Prices dont look to bad anyone have any experience with these guys or any opinions about 3 and 5 groove barrels for a Grendel build? </div></div>

What part of Kansas are you in?

Reason I ask is I am in the Wichita/Andover area and have several of there barrels. I have bought several of them for my personal use. If your interested you can take a look at them first hand.

I do testing and evals and have tested several of there products. The 3 groove is more of a match style of rifling where 5 groove is more of a budget. 3 is 35 bucks more. The poly rifling helps cut down the friction and adds life to the barrel. Dam accurate too. I pulled off 1/2" groups with my 18" SPR barrel. 1-8" poly 3 HBAR style using H335 and 75 grain BHTP's

I have a 20" 264 LBCAR barrel that I have bought, but am needing a handguard to finish the test with.

I spoke with Carl this morning and he will do different gas systems and profiles/lengths and threading.I'm having him do a 6.5 standard profile 18" with a rifle length gas system and threaded.He also has bolts in stock for all calibers at a really reasonable price.

Hmm...what's the Schwarzchild Radius of their barrels?
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke with Carl this morning and he will do different gas systems and profiles/lengths and threading.I'm having him do a 6.5 standard profile 18" with a rifle length gas system and threaded.He also has bolts in stock for all calibers at a really reasonable price. </div></div>

I just got my 6.5/264 LBCAR 20" bull barrel last week. I'm awaiting a handguard and it ready to roll.

mine comes in tuesday. i need a few small parts but illletyou know what it looks like and eventually how it shoots

i just bought one sent the money off last tuesday i got an M4 profile but it is a heaviere profile 16" with poly 3. it will be a little while before i can shoot it as that gung is still being built

What would be better for 5.56, 3 or 5 groove? I'm liking the pricing on these compared to a lot of other barrels out there.

I also like the idea of supporting my local businesses!

i was told the 3 groove is better for accuracy, so i went that way

Does anyone know which gas length BHW uses. I know you can get midlength or rifle but I know the armalite gas tubes are slightly longer than the lr308 that uses standard ar15 gas lengths.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i was told the 3 groove is better for accuracy, so i went that way </div></div>

True.

I was told by the owner that the 3 groove was more of a match rifling hince the price increase.

if you have a specific configuration in mind, they will do it. for my 18" the usually do mid gas. but since i will use an adjustable gas block, i wanted to have rifle length gas so i can get to the block easily. no issues. they even made a nice thread protector for me. i hope, lol, i just send them a photo of what i wanted and the specs for a YHM can and they made it up for me. all barrels are made to order as well as having their stock configurations listed as well. if its not on the rack, you may need to wait for that calibers next run, but heck, it wasnt even a month for mine to get done i think. it was fast however long

they will make it to fit a regular gas tube or any one really id guess if you have the specs.