• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Black Ops Precision RECON 1911

BlackOps Tech

Still The Head Skunk
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
As promised, this is the Black Ops Precision RECON 1911 built on our frame and slide. The custom mag-well is TIG welded and blended to the grip and mainspring housing. This provides a full perimeter well and is significantly stronger than mag-wells that are integral to the mainspring housing or held on by a single screw and does not increase the imprint area.

Barrel is a KART NM and the RECON 1911 is available in Commander and Government. Rear sight is a Harrison (formerly Yost).

Ambi Safety and mag release with full custom carry treatment.

ser5mo.jpg

4sxzy9.jpg

2nt9x6u.jpg

2mwusuf.jpg

2wpi978.jpg

egv1ts.jpg

Re: Black Ops Precision RECON 1911

not going to lie that commander gives me a hard-on

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not going to lie that commander gives me a hard-on </div></div>

What doesn't?? And damn thats a fine looking piece ya got there!!!

I echo the above comments. That pistol is a beauty. When can I buy one, and how much am I going to have to lie to my wife?

Me: "Sure, baby, that pistol only cost me $850... (In four separate installments)!"

I need a price...birthday coming up and I need one!

That is beautiful work of art!

What kind of mags fit in the gun?

That magwell looks great!!
Any different models coming on line? That setup with an Officer's grip would really be slick.

Thanks for the comments Guys. The price on the RECON is $2850 and they're available for order now. Lead-times aren't terrible.

DZ: The pistol pictured uses the Gov't mags

SB883: I can do a "Model O" very easily. It's what I carry now.

Good Lord!
laugh.gif

I will be giving you a call Mike. I was looking at custom 1911's today.
First gun I ever bought on my own when I turned of age was a 1911. It was a gently used Wilson combat Tactical Elite, I had no idea what I was buying and got it for considerably less then what they retailed for. The guy had no clue what he had and neither did I at the time.

You can never go wrong with a 1911 and X300 SF light!

Nice looking Roscoe and a lot of gun for the money.

Joe, a frickin' blunderbus would give you a hard-on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That magwell looks great!!
Any different models coming on line? That setup with an Officer's grip would really be slick.</div></div>

I agree or a bobtail without magwell on the full sized grip would be a nice carry piece. Looks very nice, I like the bushing and GI guide rod.

Mike

First of all, another work of art sir. Will you guys do custom work on 1911's or just that package? I have a Caspian frame that needs some love.

That is a very nice 1911, I like how their isn't any markings on the slide. Also the tig'ed magwell is an awesome touch!

That is sweet! Will you offer it in multiple calibers?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh my...that makes me feel funny...

Beautiful pistol, really stunning! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AlabamaShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man nice lookin pistol. Looks like I am gonna have to increase my ramen intake and work me some more overtime.....
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Thanks Guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good Lord!
laugh.gif

I will be giving you a call Mike. I was looking at custom 1911's today.
First gun I ever bought on my own when I turned of age was a 1911. It was a gently used Wilson combat Tactical Elite, I had no idea what I was buying and got it for considerably less then what they retailed for. The guy had no clue what he had and neither did I at the time.

You can never go wrong with a 1911 and X300 SF light! </div></div>

Thanks Adam. Give me a call anytime. I'm in on the weekends, but usually don't hear the phone over the CNC....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice looking Roscoe and a lot of gun for the money.

Joe, a frickin' blunderbus would give you a hard-on. </div></div>

Thanks Dogman and I think you're right about the blunderbus
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That magwell looks great!!
Any different models coming on line? That setup with an Officer's grip would really be slick.</div></div>

I agree or a bobtail without magwell on the full sized grip would be a nice carry piece. Looks very nice, I like the bushing and GI guide rod. </div></div>

We can definitely do it without the magwell. I'll probably be introducing a slimmed down version soon, but I'm not sure yet about a bobtail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn you, Mike... damn you! </div></div>

Sorry Dude, it's what I do....Give me a call next week if you can....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red Belly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike

First of all, another work of art sir. Will you guys do custom work on 1911's or just that package? I have a Caspian frame that needs some love. </div></div>

Thanks RB. We've been doing 1911 work for quite a long time, but I haven't advertised it. Give me a call and we can talk about your Caspian....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillZone45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a very nice 1911, I like how their isn't any markings on the slide. Also the tig'ed magwell is an awesome touch! </div></div>

Thanks KZ. I like the clean slide also, but I'm considering adding a small logo. Not sure yet, so I'm doing a few drawings to see if I like it.

I'm very pleased with the mag well. The cool thing is, we can put the same mag well on anyones 1911 frame.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tmada45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is sweet! Will you offer it in multiple calibers? </div></div>

Thanks. We can do these in any caliber you want, as our frames are made without a feed ramp. We cut the ramps in-house and blend them to the barrel throat, so doing 38 Super, 9mm, 40 cal, 10mm and 45 is no problem on the same frame.

I'll be posting pics of one of the 10mm 1911's pretty soon....

The first thing I want to say is, "Take my money!".

Damn Mike, that thing is sweet. I need one to match my rifle. Looks like the wife is getting that expensive jewelry set she wanted after all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillZone45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a very nice 1911, I like how their isn't any markings on the slide. Also the tig'ed magwell is an awesome touch! </div></div>

Thanks KZ. I like the clean slide also, but I'm considering adding a small logo. Not sure yet, so I'm doing a few drawings to see if I like it.

I'm very pleased with the mag well. The cool thing is, we can put the same mag well on anyones 1911 frame.
</div></div>

The pistol's 'there' now, don't go and turn it into a billboard. The best advertising will be the gushing comments from the owner when he's asked 'hey, that's a nice 1911, where'd you get that?' by his friends or shooters on the range. Heck, I'd even suggest maybe the rail could be done away with.

Regardless, it's a stunning pistol, I'd love to see a range report. What holster are you using for carry - CCW or open?

For the uneducated (me) can you explain what problems or potential problems your magwell design solves?

Thanks and congrats,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mute</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nicely done! </div></div>

Thanks Mute.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R.O.U.S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The first thing I want to say is, "Take my money!". </div></div>

Give me a call when you're ready.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Monchichi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn Mike, that thing is sweet. I need one to match my rifle. Looks like the wife is getting that expensive jewelry set she wanted after all. </div></div>

Thanks MON. We're doing Rifle/Pistol Packages now....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillZone45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a very nice 1911, I like how their isn't any markings on the slide. Also the tig'ed magwell is an awesome touch! </div></div>

</div></div>

The pistol's 'there' now, don't go and turn it into a billboard. The best advertising will be the gushing comments from the owner when he's asked 'hey, that's a nice 1911, where'd you get that?' by his friends or shooters on the range. Heck, I'd even suggest maybe the rail could be done away with.

Regardless, it's a stunning pistol, I'd love to see a range report. What holster are you using for carry - CCW or open?

For the uneducated (me) can you explain what problems or potential problems your magwell design solves?

Thanks and congrats,

</div></div>

Thanks.

The RECON 1911 is built around the IDPA Rulebook and meant to be a true fighting 1911. IDPA Matches now support the use of lights/lasers, but we can do this pistol without the rail. I'm not really a fan of the full rail.

Generally, mag wells are an afterthought. The solution is to typically make a main spring housing with an integral mag well, or to attach a separate mag well to the main spring housing with a single screw. This presents a few issues.

First, the grip is lengthened by at least .250". Depending on hand size, this isn't always bad, but the imprint area (while carrying concealed) is more prominant.

Secondly, this doesn't normally allow for a full perimeter mag well.

My greatest issue with the two more common methods of attaching mag wells is a lack of tortional strength. The area that is the mag well isn't attached to anything. A serious drop or strong blow can "twist" the mag well so it now obstructs the opening of the grip. This can prevent the removal or insertion of the magazine (or at least significantly slow down the mag change).

The mag well and main spring housing we use is quite different. The grip is custom machined so the mag well slides up onto the bottom of the gip and it's then TIG'd in place. The grip length remains the same. The main spring housing then slides into the back and it's all hand blended. This makes for a much stronger system, doesn't lengthen the grip and provides a full perimeter mag well (theres a benefit to having two guys from the Yost shop in my shop).

I haven't decided on a holster yet, but I'll likely select something that is IDPA approved. My plan is to sponsor two IDPA shooters for the 2012 Match Season.

I'd like to learn more about the rifle/pistol package. It sounds like it would be really good deal. Am I too late though if you're already in the process of building me a rifle?

Oh, and that rail would be perfect for duty use. I like that its a true fighting 1911. I use a SF X300 on my duty pistol. I love it.

Well, I don't think I can resist, especially if the lead times are good. You are over your PM limit, please PM me or email me so we can discuss this further.

Thanks,

-Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Monchichi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to learn more about the rifle/pistol package. It sounds like it would be really good deal. Am I too late though if you're already in the process of building me a rifle?

Oh, and that rail would be perfect for duty use. I like that its a true fighting 1911. I use a SF X300 on my duty pistol. I love it. </div></div>

You're not too late. Give me a call at the shop or shoot me an email....Thanks MON....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I don't think I can resist, especially if the lead times are good. You are over your PM limit, please PM me or email me so we can discuss this further.

Thanks,

-Bob </div></div>

PM sent....Thanks Bob....

Mike,

Are those VZ Grips? If so I would love to buy a set from you
smile.gif

Looks gorgeous! I'd snag one of these now just based on the look if I hadn't just gotten raped by tuition.

I think I just peed my pants a little bit

2wpi978.jpg

Okay it looks nice, but a bit too Gucci-Blingy. What's the real-world round count on that gun (sans malfs)?

Here's an old-school, no-bling, working 1911 (WWI battlefield Colt). No malfs.
Colt-1.jpg

Just sayin'.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steppenwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2wpi978.jpg

Okay it looks nice, but a bit too Gucci-Blingy. What's the real-world round count on that gun (sans malfs)?

Colt-1.jpg

Just sayin'.

</div></div>

To much bling? The BlackOps pistol is all matte black, and your working 1911 is looking like brushed steel. Sooo, I think you are confused. The blackops looks like an excellent platform.

Im a 1911 noob.
Whats the difference between the Commander and Government models?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im a 1911 noob.
Whats the difference between the Commander and Government models? </div></div>

Commander is a 4"
Government is a 5" or a fullsize 1911

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steppenwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2wpi978.jpg

Colt-1.jpg

Just sayin'.

</div></div>

To much bling? The BlackOps pistol is all matte black, and your working 1911 is looking like brushed steel. Sooo, I think you are confused. The blackops looks like an excellent platform. </div></div>

Okay, well, "looks like" doesn't = "is," so the question remains open. Not saying it's not, just wondering how thoroughly the gun's been wrung out. That's why I asked about rd-count.

Second, on the 1911, that's the light from the camera reflecting off old-school bluing on a WWI battlefield Colt (born-on date, late 1917). Blame the picture-taker (me) for that effect.
eek.gif