• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Black Ops Precision RECON 1911

Re: Black Ops Precision RECON 1911

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jpso Sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Black ops your over your Pm limit. Want to send you a Pm </div></div>

PM Sent....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whiteLiftedz71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SH Group buy?

I know there a ton of work and a pain in the....but I would be willing to facilitate it? </div></div>

HHhhhmmmm....Let me give that some thought....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

Are those VZ Grips? If so I would love to buy a set from you
smile.gif
</div></div>

Yep. The proto grips have the old logo on them, but I'll have the final version available pretty soon. Give me a call....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You really are a bad person, this is gonna get me in trouble </div></div>

I lay awake at night trying to conjure up new ways to get guys like you in trouble
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NF1986</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks gorgeous! I'd snag one of these now just based on the look if I hadn't just gotten raped by tuition. </div></div>

Thanks. I'll be here when you recover....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: medic103</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

Email sent with some questions, your PM box is full.

Thanks
David
</div></div>

Thanks Medic. Email response went out yesterday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razor_blade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">VERY NICE! I want one, bad! </div></div>

Thanks. Give me a call and we can get to work on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I just peed my pants a little bit </div></div>

I'll take that as a positive response
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steppenwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steppenwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2wpi978.jpg

Okay it looks nice, but a bit too Gucci-Blingy. What's the real-world round count on that gun (sans malfs)?

Here's an old-school, no-bling, working 1911 (WWI battlefield Colt). No malfs.
Colt-1.jpg

Just sayin'.

</div></div>

To much bling? The BlackOps pistol is all matte black, and your working 1911 is looking like brushed steel. Sooo, I think you are confused. The blackops looks like an excellent platform. </div></div>

Okay, well, "looks like" doesn't = "is," so the question remains open. Not saying it's not, just wondering how thoroughly the gun's been wrung out. That's why I asked about rd-count.

Second, on the 1911, that's the light from the camera reflecting off old-school bluing on a WWI battlefield Colt (born-on date, late 1917). Blame the picture-taker (me) for that effect.
eek.gif
</div></div>

Uhh....O.K. I have to wonder if you're looking at the same 1911 that everyone else is....Bling? Certainly not part of this 1911.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Bling (or bling-bling) is a slang term popularized in hip hop culture, referring to flashy, ostentatious or elaborate jewelry and ornamented accessories that are carried, worn or installed, such as cell phones or tooth caps.</span>

Since this 1911 isn't gold plated and/or adorned as described above, I don't believe the term "bling" applies.

In addition, you pose a valid question, but quite frankly, if the gun hasn't been "wrung out," it wouldn't appear here. I guarantee everything we do and our rifles and 1911's will stand up against anything else in the industry....regardless of the "born on" date.

Thanks for looking....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im a 1911 noob.
Whats the difference between the Commander and Government models? </div></div>

Commander is a 4"
Government is a 5" or a fullsize 1911 </div></div>

Thanks Deadly0311

Im terrified that if I bought this "bling bling" (LOL) 1911 that I might not like my Glock anymore

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im terrified that if I bought this "bling bling" (LOL) 1911 that I might not like my Glock anymore </div></div>

I think thats pretty much assured.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im terrified that if I bought this "bling bling" (LOL) 1911 that I might not like my Glock anymore </div></div>

When the outcome is a known certainty there needn't be fear, just acceptance.

Besides, would it really be so bad... lol!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im a 1911 noob.
Whats the difference between the Commander and Government models? </div></div>

Commander is a <span style="font-style: italic">4.25" </span></div></div>

Fixed for ya

Probably the sexiest commander length 1911's I've ever seen...

I need to get one of these!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whiteLiftedz71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SH Group buy?

I know there a ton of work and a pain in the....but I would be willing to facilitate it? </div></div>

HHhhhmmmm....Let me give that some thought....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

Are those VZ Grips? If so I would love to buy a set from you
smile.gif
</div></div>

Yep. The proto grips have the old logo on them, but I'll have the final version available pretty soon. Give me a call.... </div></div>

I'll shoot you a pm with my number and if you decide to run a group buy I'll do the leg work for you.

tag in case there is a group buy , someone let me know please =). also if you do Layaway let me know . These toys are expensive but worth it.

HOLY AWESOME!!!! That pistol is PURE BUSINESS!!! Nicely executed there Black Ops Team!!

To Steppenwolf: BLING? Seriously? Take the star-filter off of your eyes! I don't know how much more workhorse a pistol gets than this one!! It's function over form, and it has plenty of both!!! Take a look at some of the offerings by Taurus if you want to see bling!

Allow me:

Bling 1

bling 2

bling 3

-G45

I have been a follower of the 1911 frame pistol for as long as I can remember. My 5" 1911 is on or near me 24/7 (unless I'm in a restricted area). John Moses Browning did it right and I'm sure he'd appreciate this quality of this system. Well done sir

Something that caught my attention was the fact that you guys actually tac weld the mag well to the frame to ensure it's integrity. That in itself says alot of about your company's attention to detail.

Sorry guys, I thought I was watching this thread and haven't looked at it in a while.

I've decided to run a Group Buy on the RECON 1911, but I won't have the bandwidth to manage it until after I get the Rimfire action into production.

I'll look for someone to manage the 1911 Group Buy if it will help make it happen sooner....

Damn, I keep resisting but every time this thread comes up, it lowers....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, I keep resisting but every time this thread comes up, it lowers.... </div></div>

Too funny BM....Go to your Happy Place....
grin.gif

That is one 1911 beast!!! Would love to see some more close up pics!