• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Black specks on Kowa Spotter,

vlcruz2001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2007
Dixon, CA
I recently purchased a Kowa TSN-602 with a Kowa 20x-40x Z6 eyepiece. When I look through the scope at 20x to a little above 30X I see small black specks. But the specks disappear above 30x all the way to 40x. So I took off the eyepiece and thorughly cleaned all of the external lenses and put it back together. But the black specks are still there. When closely looking through the objective end of the spotter up close there looks like a few dust specks on the inside of the lense. I wonder if that is causing the black specks. So does anyone know if the problem described would be the Spotter or the eyepiece? I want to return either for a new one but want to narrow down which piece is the problem.

Re: Black specks on Kowa Spotter,

Well I ordered a new replacement spotter and returned the defective one. Went with my gut feeling that the problem is the spotter and not the eyerpiece. New one should be here on Friday.