• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blackberry Cobbler

rdl65

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2009
TN
Went and picked the blackberries this morning before the sun got up to far. Fresh Blackberry cobbler, just add a big ole scoop of ice cream and enjoy.

DSCN1074_757.jpg

Re: Blackberry Cobbler

Very nice.
I planted a blackberry bush last year just so I'd have them for cobblers.

I remember you used to be able to find wild blackberries everywhere. I guess everyone killed them off with the poisons and such. Used to be able to walk down any fence row and find them. I'd pick them until my hands were purple.

Congrats on the cobbler.

They are along country roads every where around her. I just pull off on the side of the road and go to picking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jethro3898</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice.
I planted a blackberry bush last year just so I'd have them for cobblers.

I remember you used to be able to find wild blackberries everywhere. I guess everyone killed them off with the poisons and such. Used to be able to walk down any fence row and find them. I'd pick them until my hands were purple.

Congrats on the cobbler. </div></div>

Blackberry briars grow wild by the zillions and are cut as nuisance weeds in these parts. Find a back road or an area timbered and your in.

Blackberry Cobbler,when constructed properly,is possibly the best non meat food created! Suprised they are ripe this early.

Oh Lord, that looks good.
The berries are getting ripe around my homestead, and this makes me want to go pickin'

I'm gonig to make a strawberry cobbler tomorrow night, my strawberries are going apes.

Our blackberries do n't ripen until fall - they are generally 1" tall and half - 3/4 of an inch in diameter and like eating pure sugar - SUH_WEET.

Much as I hate the plants taking over my yard I'll go behind the neighboors and pick some.

Wanna trade for some Paw Paw fruit?
smile.gif

A dear friend brought me some a few days ago. Made me feel better right away.

We used to pick them in VERY rural Alabama when I was a kid. We'd fill our motorcycle helmets full of them, take them back to Grandma's house and she'd make that cobbler... or pie.. .ohhh so goood. Us boys would crank the handle on the ice cream churn, until it wouldn't budge. MMmmmmm that was living large wasn't it!

Mom always knew when we had been picking berries, our hair had all kinds of blackberry stains from the berries in our skid lids.....