• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Blackening a scope rail

XOK-DESIGN

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2011
Australia, Griffith
I received a Warne Scope rail today but I'm just not happy with the colour of it, its not quite black enough, its more of a dark grey, and its not going to suit my scope or rings. Obviously I'm being pedantic on this one but i like things to look good. I can get black oxide done easy enough but was wondering what other people would recommend. If anyone knows of a good place to get metal finishing work done in Australia I'd be interested to know about them. Thanks

Re: Blackening a scope rail

If it were me, I'd leave the factory finish alone and just hit it with some paint or coating of your choice (Duracoat, Cerakote, KG, etc.).

Re: Blackening a scope rail

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric Bryant</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it were me, I'd leave the factory finish alone and just hit it with some paint or coating of your choice (Duracoat, Cerakote, KG, etc.). </div></div>

Me to. Clean it with acetone so it is oil free and apply the coating.