• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blackhawk bipod

hollowpoint

Private
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2011
Westfield, MA
I've been looking around at alternatives to a harris bipod to put on my .22 trainer. I stumbled upon This
It pivots and traverses horizontally. Any reason I wouldn't get this over a harris?

Re: Blackhawk bipod

I don't see any reason not to give it a try on your .22. Seems very similar to the Harris, and has the "pod lock" feature built in. Write a review, if you get one.

I am newer to shooting, so I don't own any bipods yet. This trainer will mostly live on the bench. I particularly like the traverse motion. Seems like it would be useful. Unless that messes with accuracy or something I don't know about yet. Also a decent amount cheaper than the harris s with more features.

Cheaper doesn't always mean better, but who knows you may find the next good deal. A lot of people shoot Vortex and Premier scopes now, but someone had to take the first leap.

I hear ya, cheaper is usually worse. Seen a lot of blackhawk gear around but don't know too much about the quality of the company.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hollowpoint</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Any reason I wouldn't get this over a harris? </div></div>

One reason might (might!) be that Harris may be made in USA and BlackHawk! may be made in China. I haven't checked either one's source country but that would help me make a decision.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mt Al</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hollowpoint</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Any reason I wouldn't get this over a harris? </div></div>

One reason might (might!) be that Harris may be made in USA and BlackHawk! may be made in China. I haven't checked either one's source country but that would help me make a decision.</div></div>

Nope, Blackhawk prides itself on being made in USA and not shipping jobs overseas. I saw something about that the other night on the outdoor channel so take it for what its worth.

And I do have one and have zero complaints so far. But I've only shot on it twice and it definitely doesn't get abused.

milton, do you own or have you ever used a harris? If so how do you think the Blackhawk compares?

No I haven't owned a harris, so I'm not going to say its better or just as good. It just suits my needs.

I am not so sure the "Made in USA" moniker applies to Blackhawk gear anymore.

If I'm not mistaken I have seen a tag on a Blackhawk item that said it was made in a pacific rim country...

Could be wrong but...

I just ordered one, couldn't pass up the chance. Had a Cabelas giftcard and free shipping. Gonna run it a while and compare it to the Harris BRM-S I've had in the past. It was $59 as opposed to the $100+ of the Harris.

Keep us up to date, that is a great price if its a useable bipod

Mike Noell ripped off every Eagle item he could and had the stuff made in Vietnam. Then he wanted to whine about the Berry Amendment when he couldn't get the contracts he was after.

I know for a fact that he said he wanted to make everything Eagle did, better, cheaper and put them out of business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mark5pt56</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike Noell ripped off every Eagle item he could and had the stuff made in Vietnam. Then he wanted to whine about the Berry Amendment when he couldn't get the contracts he was after.

I know for a fact that he said he wanted to make everything Eagle did, better, cheaper and put them out of business. </div></div>

Eh ok, so you are saying what exactly about the blackhawk bipods

Blackhawk and Eagle are both owned by the same company now.

My neighbor has a Blackhawk bipod. I'll try to steal it from him this week to see what I think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hokiehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mark5pt56</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike Noell ripped off every Eagle item he could and had the stuff made in Vietnam. Then he wanted to whine about the Berry Amendment when he couldn't get the contracts he was after.

I know for a fact that he said he wanted to make everything Eagle did, better, cheaper and put them out of business. </div></div>

Eh ok, so you are saying what exactly about the blackhawk bipods </div></div>

Kind of obvious he did the same with minor adjustments to the Harris, eh---

Interesting as I'm shopping for a swivel style Harris bipod. I picked up a Caldwell swivel bipod at Bass Pro the other day in Denver for $55, and promptly returned it a couple days later.

Looked good in the package, but on the rifle I could tell it was flimsy MIC crap. Oh well, took it back and traded it for a Fat Wrench.

Would like to hear about these Black Hawk pods once someone's taken one through the wringer. The Caldwell pod had thinner legs, but they were notched, and smaller/weaker springs.

The Blackhawk bipod is very well built and much better than the Caldwell bipods that Bass Pro sells and all of the other knock off bipods I have seen to date.

I actually prefer the no notched legs because the straight legs are spring return and are more solid extended and when retracted.

Overall the Blackhawk Bipod is very nice, so if your thinking about trying one I suggest you go for it.